JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember a warning that a tracer works both ways, but a light mounted on a weapon lights up the souce. Spent 30 years in the military and never used a weapon mounted light. but watched Hollywood show police officers carrying a light offcenter to confuse a shooter. Don't know if that is true or not.
Police body cam videos are showing more LEO's using WML's lately. They seem to be doing OK.

I feel like overall, in a self defense scenario (in a low or no light situation), the advantages of being able to positively identify your target outweigh the possibility that said target can now use your light source as a "target."

I think it is also worth considering that not all home invaders are going to have a gun; often times a home invader also has no desire to fight at all. At which point positive target identification via a weapon light could quickly resolve the situation without the need for shots fired (while still being just as prepared to shoot if necessary).

I think it is also worth considering that not all home invaders are going to have a gun; often times a home invader also has no desire to fight at all. At which point positive target identification via a weapon light could quickly resolve the situation without the need for shots fired (while still being just as prepared to shoot if necessary).
Comments above ^^ echo my thoughts. Once I'm up and aware.

Here is what I bought (already had the pistol) as a result of considering the comments in this thread:

P3130554.JPG

It wasn't an expensive model. It works as advertised. I can flick the power switch easily with my index finger. I've got it if I want to use it. It's like a lot of stuff I have; I may never use it but it's there.

Comments above ^^ echo my thoughts. Once I'm up and aware.

Here is what I bought (already had the pistol) as a result of considering the comments in this thread:

View attachment 1842967

It wasn't an expensive model. It works as advertised. I can flick the power switch easily with my index finger. I've got it if I want to use it. It's like a lot of stuff I have; I may never use it but it's there.
That's a great start, but I wonder about how rugged it will prove to be. I'd hate to drop it in an emergency situation and have it fail. I know that a Streamlight or Fenix will cost a lot more, but I've dropped mine and left them on range guns for extended periods and they've held up. I've tried several brands of cheap lights, optics and lasers and most of them I can kill just by mounting them on a shotgun and shooting a box of buckshot or slugs. And yes, that would be a 5 round box of 1600 FPS slugs. I'm not shooting 25 of those in a row.

That's a great start, but I wonder about how rugged it will prove to be. I'd hate to drop it in an emergency situation and have it fail. I know that a Streamlight or Fenix will cost a lot more, but I've dropped mine and left them on range guns for extended periods and they've held up. I've tried several brands of cheap lights, optics and lasers and most of them I can kill just by mounting them on a shotgun and shooting a box of buckshot or slugs. And yes, that would be a 5 round box of 1600 FPS slugs. I'm not shooting 25 of those in a row.
Another bombproof brand is SureFire.
I have this one (X300 Ultra A, if one can't read it at the magnification given):

SIG Sauer P320 with light.jpg

This one is impossible to get off the light without the "secret code" so there's no way it'll fly off due to repeated recoil.
Yeah, that has happened with at least one other light I had before having this one recommended to me by my trainer.
About $210 on sale, plus tax, back in February of 2017.

Another bombproof brand is SureFire.
I have this one (X300 Ultra A, if one can't read it at the magnification given):

View attachment 1842973

This one is impossible to get off the light without the "secret code" so there's no way it'll fly off due to repeated recoil.
Yeah, that has happened with at least one other light I had before having this one recommended to me by my trainer.
Agreed, but if you're worried about dropping it, the light would be the least of my concerns.

💥 :eek:

:D

:s0012:

I'm leaving now. I have someplace else I need to be... :s0002:
oooh oooh I bet I know where you need to be! Is it to murder a floppy? Don't worry, I got your alibi; you were with me the whole time. Getting back rubs. And other stuff. Mmm, maybe we should skip that part and just say we went out for beers?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top