JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As of the beginning of May Walmart officially has removed all firearms from their locations.
Happened in Kali years ago before I left. Kali refused to renew their license due to "errors" on paperwork. Never had firearms after that.

I liked WMT but they have been trending downward after Sam passed away and all the Idiot Kids run the place now.

I stopped bothering with buying ammo at Wally after it all got locked up and like one person in the area had the magic key. What I have never been quite able to understand is why this gets so many so upset? :confused: When Wally first started to hit the scene hard in the early days of the net I head nothing but complaining that NO ONE should buy there. As Wally was running off the small places to they were "EVIL". So when the "evil" place stops selling the same people now complain about that? :confused: Lot of people with way too much time on their hands.

IF you can FIND that person. Its like the Photo Section where you can pick up your One Hour pics on whatever DAY someone is There.
Back when the low wage workers here were crying and waving signs about wanting $15 an hour I (mistake) went to a Wally to get a new phone. I asked and some clerk said they had to get someone with a key. So they call. Good amount of time passes, I see one clerk with "Manager" of some kind on his badge and ask him. No he does not have key but will call. Later I see the first one again and ask WTF? He mumbles some excuse. I walked out saying "so this is why you guys think you need $15 an hour huh?" Went home and just ordered the damn phone online like I should have in the first damn place.
Now days since this state has gone all in on let the scum steal anything not fastened down I am sure Amazon has to be loving it. I have many times been at some store wanting to buy something that is of course locked up. When the magic key does not arrive I get on my phone and of course find I can have item next day and just hit order and walk off. The sad part in after all the stores have been run out of business the price will of course go way up at the online places when there is less competition . :(

IF you can FIND that person. Its like the Photo Section where you can pick up your One Hour pics on whatever DAY someone is There.
Geezus! At Walmart you have to find someone to get you some G-D UNDERWEAR!! And they have to take it to a certain check stand for you to buy it! Target is the same way except they trust you to take it up yourself.
But have to say that the price is a fraction of what Kohl's or Freddy's charges. So there's that.

Geezus! At Walmart you have to find someone to get you some G-D UNDERWEAR!! And they have to take it to a certain check stand for you to buy it! Target is the same way except they trust you to take it up yourself.
But have to say that the price is a fraction of what Kohl's or Freddy's charges. So there's that.
The Wally by me was losing so much stuff at the self check that they closed them. I was there one day for one thing. Ended up with a cart full of stuff and then got up to pay. HUGE line, clerks moving in slow motion, self check closed. I just left the cart and walked out. Wife tried again the other day, same thing. Mile long lines going nowhere. She caught some worker walking by that was some kind of manager and asked what was going on. Got the sob story. She told her you can keep this stuff and she walked out. I do have an annual membership in the Wally + thing. So I can get anything they sell in the store delivered for free. Have been using that a lot now as I will not set foot in the place until they can come up with some kind of self check again.

The Wally by me was losing so much stuff at the self check that they closed them. I was there one day for one thing. Ended up with a cart full of stuff and then got up to pay. HUGE line, clerks moving in slow motion, self check closed. I just left the cart and walked out. Wife tried again the other day, same thing. Mile long lines going nowhere. She caught some worker walking by that was some kind of manager and asked what was going on. Got the sob story. She told her you can keep this stuff and she walked out. I do have an annual membership in the Wally + thing. So I can get anything they sell in the store delivered for free. Have been using that a lot now as I will not set foot in the place until they can come up with some kind of self check again.
The sad part of this is that the worker that is some kind of manager has no say in any of it. There is also another side where the wife goes into her store to grab something, in the evening after she's come home, and the self check-out person, and two other employees that have jobs elsewhere in the store, are standing at the podium shooting the bull! This just goes back to where younger workers are LOUSY employees! Believe me, it's the shiits being one of the productive workers among the panty waste's in the, so-called, "Work Force". Wifey busts her butt for her pay, while others at the store who make $2.00 less than her an hour aren't worth $5.00/hr!
Be sure to thank those that you see actually doing the best they can when you get a chance. They need that.

And Amazon? I don't even go looking at stores for a bunch of stuff I used to. Not worth the hassle, and the $15.00 a month for Prime is a small price to pay not having to go through the hassle of driving around potland to NOT come up with what I need. And most the time it's cheaper that way too.

I stopped bothering with buying ammo at Wally after it all got locked up and like one person in the area had the magic key. What I have never been quite able to understand is why this gets so many so upset? :confused: When Wally first started to hit the scene hard in the early days of the net I head nothing but complaining that NO ONE should buy there. As Wally was running off the small places to they were "EVIL". So when the "evil" place stops selling the same people now complain about that? :confused: Lot of people with way too much time on their hands.
I hated looking for the key master troll they were always hiding somewhere ! The same thing with fishing licenses you could not find the person or they were busy outfitting some vacationer with enough traps to start commercial crabbing ! I did notice sometimes they had traps but no rope I guess they were the new Bluetooth models lol.

The sad part of this is that the worker that is some kind of manager has no say in any of it. There is also another side where the wife goes into her store to grab something, in the evening after she's come home, and the self check-out person, and two other employees that have jobs elsewhere in the store, are standing at the podium shooting the bull! This just goes back to where younger workers are LOUSY employees! Believe me, it's the shiits being one of the productive workers among the panty waste's in the, so-called, "Work Force". Wifey busts her butt for her pay, while others at the store who make $2.00 less than her an hour aren't worth $5.00/hr!
Be sure to thank those that you see actually doing the best they can when you get a chance. They need that.

And Amazon? I don't even go looking at stores for a bunch of stuff I used to. Not worth the hassle, and the $15.00 a month for Prime is a small price to pay not having to go through the hassle of driving around potland to NOT come up with what I need. And most the time it's cheaper that way too.
I do love amazon but, what scares me is if they can run off most of the brick and mortar places you know they will then jack up the price to whatever the market will take. Its why its really sad we have decided to just let the scum steal. There is a Lowes close to me that may soon be gone. Huge encampment behind it city said they can't do anything. The scum walk in Lowes with 5 gallon buckets. Fill them with stuff and walk out. Employee's are told to do nothing. This will only last so long and the store will just close. :mad:

As a follow up to the over the top poor service. Wife just came home empty handed from a local Lowe's. Wanted a new lock for one door that we use electronic locks on. Locks are close to $300. She found them at Lowe's for the same as Amazon and decided it would be nice to give the locals some money. I knew better but figured she would find out. So off to store. Locks are of course locked up. No one would help. One guy stocking shelves said he would but she would have to wait. Stocking shelf was too important. So she glared at him for a while and he begrudgingly went and opened the case. She finds lock. Clerk has to take it to customer service. While Wife now stands there the clerks there are on the phone. Self check is empty with clerk drinking a soda. Finally Wife asks one on phone "can I just take this to that stand there where the lady is doing nothing?". Clerk slams phone down, grabs lock with nasty look on his face and rings it up. Wife leaves and is now ANGRY. She gets to car and thinks F this. Goes back to same counter and said since all of you act like taking my Fing money is such a problem you can just take this back off my card and I will order it from Amazon. Now another clerk does come and apologize and gives her refund. This is a PRIME example of a store that will go under and deserves to go under.

As a follow up to the over the top poor service. Wife just came home empty handed from a local Lowe's. Wanted a new lock for one door that we use electronic locks on. Locks are close to $300. She found them at Lowe's for the same as Amazon and decided it would be nice to give the locals some money. I knew better but figured she would find out. So off to store. Locks are of course locked up. No one would help. One guy stocking shelves said he would but she would have to wait. Stocking shelf was too important. So she glared at him for a while and he begrudgingly went and opened the case. She finds lock. Clerk has to take it to customer service. While Wife now stands there the clerks there are on the phone. Self check is empty with clerk drinking a soda. Finally Wife asks one on phone "can I just take this to that stand there where the lady is doing nothing?". Clerk slams phone down, grabs lock with nasty look on his face and rings it up. Wife leaves and is now ANGRY. She gets to car and thinks F this. Goes back to same counter and said since all of you act like taking my Fing money is such a problem you can just take this back off my card and I will order it from Amazon. Now another clerk does come and apologize and gives her refund. This is a PRIME example of a store that will go under and deserves to go under.
Kind of similar: I was at a car quest franchise in junction City, Oregon and needed a certain special socket to remove the spindle nut on a truck. They had one in stock so my buddy and I drove over to retrieve it. While I was checking out, my buddy asked where the bathroom was and they gave him semi clear directions with a finger wiggle. I guess he wandered too far because I heard an employee said just a little too loud "should have just told him to pizz in the corner." Well I wasn't having it so I immediately returned it, explained clearly why and have since refused to purchase anything from that car quest in junction City, even on business for my employer. I will never give them another red cent. You don't treat customers that way.

Ended up calling a snap on truck and purchased the socket at mark up from them happily. They were glad for my business.

I have experienced bad customer service from big box stores...small mom and pop stores...and online stores.
Bad service happens....a lot at times.

If given a choice...
I will purchase items from a local mom and pop store...even if that means at a higher price.
Because chances are I know these folks...and they know me...It is good to keep money local so to speak.

With that said....
At times what I want is not available from the local shop....so I order online.
But...I always check the local shop first.
Andy

I have experienced bad customer service from big box stores...small mom and pop stores...and online stores.
Bad service happens....a lot at times.

If given a choice...
I will purchase items from a local mom and pop store...even if that means at a higher price.
Because chances are I know these folks...and they know me...It is good to keep money local so to speak.

With that said....
At times what I want is not available from the local shop....so I order online.
But...I always check the local shop first.
Andy
Yep, 100% the way I like to do it. You're the man

Yep, 100% the way I like to do it. You're the man
Thank you...nice to know I ain't the only one.

Where it gets difficult for me is ....
Black powder...at times the club I belong to orders powder and sells it to club members.
$26 a pound...is a lot better price than the local store at $40 a pound.
I want to support both my club and the local gun shop ...my favorite gun shop..

Also books...
There is a excellent local used book store...they get lots of my money and book trades.
However they don't always have what I am looking for...so I have a few online book stores that I like.
One in particular is "local"...just not here...but they specialize in old west history books...a favorite of mine.
Andy

I use the buy online, pick up in store (or in the parking lot) option a lot these days.

Unless it's something that requires some acumen (ie: lumber or meat & produce), I'll let the store monkeys pick it off the shelf and bring it to me.

I also don't' waste half my life wandering the store trying to find where the moved everything to, again.

I use the buy online, pick up in store (or in the parking lot) option a lot these days.

Unless it's something that requires some acumen (ie: lumber or meat & produce), I'll let the store monkeys pick it off the shelf and bring it to me.

I also don't' waste half my life wandering the store trying to find where the moved everything to, again.
But you're missing all the catchy grocery store ambiance music

Yeah or buy online deliver to your home. Works for me and the inventory selection online is at least 10 X what is available in any store.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top