JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's a bit of a stretch. It may be assault, but the deadly weapon part is sensationalist.

I agree they should be charged and held accountable. We know they won't be though, because they are ever so "peaceful".
No, it's not! If some one came up to you and with a great big grin on their face, proceeded to gouge your eye(s) out, that is a serious deal, and fully justify's a lethal response! It's the same as if that person walked up and lopped off your arm! Do that to me, and I'm gonna do a mag dump in you!

I don't think folks are understanding just how bad this actually is, look up the FAA ruling on the use of lasers and the punishment that come with it!

Imagine going through the rest of your life attached to a German Shepard on a harness, or going through life having to tie your shoes with one hand!

High powered lasers have the ability to light things on fire from a distance. That's not sensationalism that's fact. Deadly weapons are not limited to firearms and knives.

If that's the defense you want to take to court for shooting someone with a laser pointer, be my guest.

No, it's not! If some one came up to you and with a great big grin on their face, proceeded to gouge your eye(s) out, that is a serious deal, and fully justify's a lethal response! It's the same as if that person walked up and lopped off your arm! Do that to me, and I'm gonna do a mag dump in you!

I don't think folks are understanding just how bad this actually is, look up the FAA ruling on the use of lasers and the punishment that come with it!

Imagine going through the rest of your life attached to a German Shepard on a harness, or going through life having to tie your shoes with one hand!

So dramatic! There seems to be some folk dying to find a thinly-veiled defense for homicide because they don't like the group perpetuating the crime.

Sorry, I don't think it warrants a lethal response. But I guess I just don't put myself in a position to have to make that decision. Good luck to you.

Having a dog by my side (even if it's a German Shepard) sounds better than being someone's bubblegum in a 10x10 cage. Woof woof.

If that's the defense you want to take to court for shooting someone with a laser pointer, be my guest.
Do some research bud, you only make yourself look more and more ignorant about the issue til you do.
Here a freebie: S3 Arctic - World's most powerful laser you can legally own - Wicked Lasers
The rest of the research is on you.

These lasers are far more powerful than your average laser pointer, these lasers(the ones in the link above) will set paper on fire from a distance, what do you think that would do to an unprotected eye?

Do some research bud, you only make yourself look more and more ignorant about the issue til you do.
Here a freebie: S3 Arctic - World's most powerful laser you can legally own - Wicked Lasers
The rest of the research is on you.

These lasers are far more powerful than your average laser pointer, these lasers(the ones in the link above) will set paper on fire from a distance, what do you think that would do to an unprotected eye?

Thanks for the tip, bud. I'm not saying thy aren't powerful nor debilitating. What they aren't are life threatening.

Do some research on use of force, bud. I think in court, each of you Ramobos lose.

Thanks for the tip, bud. I'm not saying thy aren't powerful nor debilitating. What they aren't are life threatening.

Do some research on use of force, bud. I think in court, each of you Ramobos lose.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but intent is what's referred to as "prima facia" evidence. Rather than parse words, let it suffice to say that we all agree that using lasers is not a "peaceful" protest.

I agree with you guys. These lasers are silly. If only centerist democrats would exercise their 2A rights then we'd see these protesters out there with guns instead of laser pointers. I bet they'd stop getting kidnapped by unidentified mercenaries and blasted in the head with whatever's coming out of the 40mm launchers. It's almost like they're watching tyranny take hold from the sidelines...

So, there is an Official fed response specifically addressing the use of lasers against fed agents and officers! According to an article by the Wash. Post! ( Yea, a bastion of truth and unbiased reporting) the response will be non lethal, but severely applied, and serious charges will be leveled at those found guilty of using lasers, up to 10 years behind bars! According to the report, the agents and officers have been directed to use any and all means to stop the use of lasers and other weapons as long as those weapons do not constitute a lethal threat or serious bodily harm! In other words, NO, they will not use lethal means to stop the use of lasers, but they have no problem using rubber bullets, bean bags, gas, or any other less then lethal means to protect themselves and each other!

BTW, POTUS is sending up to 100 more fed officers and agents to Portland to enforce the rule of law!

In regards to pilots and federal police on federal grounds, yes. You'll go in front of the magistrate. But if someone shined one in my eyes, I would have to articulate other elements to refer for anything but the unlawful use of the laser. Getting a PA to charge assault on LE these days is difficult, and impossible in some places.
I feel for you buddy. I'm seeing a lot now that prosecutors are not taking the sides of police and it's definitely because of the polarization of the country. It sucks that you have to base your reaction on how the state would view your actions and not base them on how your mind is telling you to react.
Oh, and it's crawDAD not crawfish. ;)

Last time I checked here in Oregon, if someone threatens or uses (deadly) physical force which can cause death or serious physical injury (blindness counts) then deadly physical force is permissible.

Go grab an ORS book and do some reading, it's amazing the things you can learn.

I feel for you buddy. I'm seeing a lot now that prosecutors are not taking the sides of police and it's definitely because of the polarization of the country. It sucks that you have to base your reaction on how the state would view your actions and not base them on how your mind is telling you to react.
Oh, and it's crawDAD not crawfish. ;)

The PA in King Co says that if someone hits/kicks/whatever you while resisting arrest, their intent wasn't to hurt you, it was to resist you.....

CRAWFISH

Last time I checked here in Oregon, if someone threatens or uses (deadly) physical force which can cause death or serious physical injury (blindness counts) then deadly physical force is permissible.

In this climate, it's not about what the book says. It's about how the 12 people on the bench view you. In an environment like we're dealing with right now, I wouldn't shoot unless I had imminent fear of my life and had no other option. Not because I don't want to protect myself, but because how society is viewing us gun owners right now. God forbid you are a white male and you defend yourself against some BLM thug. Media will be on your bubblegum before you get a call out to your lawyer. You'll be headline news in all 50 states and I bet 9/10 people will demonize you.
And god forbid you do it in Portland (where it most likely would happen) and you have to deal with the "sorry for being white" crowd. Try citing that ORS book, I bet it won't do sh** for you.
But that's just my 2 cents.

I'm only quoting what the Fed's orders are, Not OSP, not City of Portland, or Multico Sheriff deputies! I would imagine it's close enough, but they have ROE's that say what is and what Isn't, so, what we believe to be serious physical harm, isn't according to their ROE's! :confused:

The PA in King Co says that if someone hits/kicks/whatever you while resisting arrest, their intent wasn't to hurt you, it was to resist you.....

CRAWFISH
Yes this right here. It's scary. I really do feel for you and your comrades. I hate what I'm seeing in this country. I respect law enforcement as long as they uphold their oath to the constitution. It sucks that 98% of you guys get a bad name because of the the 2% of you guys that misuse their power.

oh, and CRAWDAD, you dirty bastard.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR