JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw a photo of one of those "protesters" with a high wattage laser in her grubby hands. She and others of her ilk are shining them into the eyes of the federal agents and causing some real eye problems. The green and blue lasers can actually blind a person. So in my book, that constitutes an assault with a deadly weapon. Charge her and arrest her. Why isn't it happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a photo of one of those "protesters" with a high wattage laser in her grubby hands. She and others of her ilk are shining them into the eyes of the federal agents and causing some real eye problems. The green and blue lasers can actually blind a person. So in my book, that constitutes an assault with a deadly weapon. Charge her and arrest her. Why isn't it happening?

But.....happy trails!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a photo of one of those "protesters" with a high wattage laser in her grubby hands. She and others of her ilk are shining them into the eyes of the federal agents and causing some real eye problems. The green and blue lasers can actually blind a person. So in my book, that constitutes an assault with a deadly weapon. Charge her and arrest her. Why isn't it happening? As an aside, I've noticed that most of the "babes" associated with this bunch are not pin up material. Fat, no chest, no makeup and I've been told a wee bit odiferous.

You mean, these babes?

397896BD-B32E-482B-A95C-B7BDE8B31761.jpeg

2198F24C-5A78-402B-839E-FCB021D7A3B9.jpeg

Would definitely be interested in your take on the laser usage. If I was a cop this would enrage me beyond belief. Hopefully they are issuing you guys industry grade eye protection.

Its a felony in WA to shine a laser at a pilot or LEO to disrupt, disorient, or lead them to believe they are being targeted with an aiming device. There is eye-pro that is being issued now that this is becoming more common. It would be interesting to see someone refer charges other than unlawful use of a laser.

Its a felony in WA to shine a laser at a pilot or LEO to disrupt, disorient, or lead them to believe they are being targeted with an aiming device. There is eye-pro that is being issued now that this is becoming more common. It would be interesting to see someone refer charges other than unlawful use of a laser.

Plus it deserves an asswhoopin'.

The FAA has prohibited their use against airline pilots and high wattage lasers require a permit and notification when they are being used. I have one that I use (in AZ) when giving lectures on astronomy. A creative cop will write the charges to accurately reflect what laws and statutes have been violated. If it's a chargeable offense then they get a nice Christmas photo taken and are booked until a bail hearing can be arranged. These are Federal laws, not local.

The FAA has prohibited their use against airline pilots and high wattage lasers require a permit and notification when they are being used. I have one that I use (in AZ) when giving lectures on astronomy. A creative cop will write the charges to accurately reflect what laws and statutes have been violated. If it's a chargeable offense then they get a nice Christmas photo taken and are booked until a bail hearing can be arranged. These are Federal laws, not local.

In regards to pilots and federal police on federal grounds, yes. You'll go in front of the magistrate. But if someone shined one in my eyes, I would have to articulate other elements to refer for anything but the unlawful use of the laser. Getting a PA to charge assault on LE these days is difficult, and impossible in some places.

In regards to pilots and federal police on federal grounds, yes. You'll go in front of the magistrate. But if someone shined one in my eyes, I would have to articulate other elements to refer for anything but the unlawful use of the laser. Getting a PA to charge assault on LE these days is difficult, and impossible in some places.

Personally, I'll just crush their head.

Yeah, that type doesn't care until the protesters show up outside their house, then suddenly it's horrible, terrifying, and just wrong.

Exactly right, make them bleed, they'll start caring and all of a sudden 911, police, fire and EMS doesn't sound like a bad gig. How about when those services start being selective and saying "wait weren't you're the one want to defund us, no sweat...done."

Not 100% but I recall IR lasers becoming " Non-citizen " a while back ?
My understanding was threat of retinas burned out without visibility. Most folks cannot afford or keep up with tech advance to notice law change.
THESE MARXISTS LIKELY USING TYPE YOU BUILD OR BUY. POP BALLOONS AND START PAPER FIRE.
OUCH TO THE EYE.
CHARGE EM DEEP SO WE CAN 3 STRIKE THEIR ASSES

Not 100% but I recall IR lasers becoming " Non-citizen " a while back ?
My understanding was threat of retinas burned out without visibility. Most folks cannot afford or keep up with tech advance to notice law change.
THESE MARXISTS LIKELY USING TYPE YOU BUILD OR BUY. POP BALLOONS AND START PAPER FIRE.
OUCH TO THE EYE.
CHARGE EM DEEP SO WE CAN 3 STRIKE THEIR ASSES

Depends on the IR, they are available for peasants to own just not as powerful as the gov models.

I would start charging with assault with attempt to maim, or something to that effect, regardless, it's a felony and should be treated as such, same with the illegal fireworks! I wanna see skulls popped! You shine a laser, you get a rubber bullet to the eyes, lets start there and work our way toward more severe outcomes!

Officers have already been blinded by lasers and they don't know if they're going to get their sight back.

Losing your sight constitutes grave bodily harm.

Lethal force should be authorized against anyone using a laser.

causing some real eye problems. The green and blue lasers can actually blind a person.

that constitutes an assault with a deadly weapon.

That's a bit of a stretch. It may be assault, but the deadly weapon part is sensationalist.

I agree they should be charged and held accountable. We know they won't be though, because they are ever so "peaceful".

That's a bit of a stretch. It may be assault, but the deadly weapon part is sensationalist.

I agree they should be charged and held accountable. We know they won't be though, because they are ever so "peaceful".
High powered lasers have the ability to light things on fire from a distance. That's not sensationalism that's fact. Deadly weapons are not limited to firearms and knives.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews