JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was either a Jennings .22LR or Raven .25 that an acquaintance owned, in the eighties. The worst one i ever owned was a Hungarian Walther PPK clone in 9mm Makarov. The pistol felt great in the hand, but was a jam-o-matic and very inaccurate, even at close range, especially compared to the real Makarovs from Russia and elsewhere in E. Europe.
I have to add the Jennings but I think it was a .25 I shot if that exists. Either way was a POS and I could not hit paper at 10ft or keep it from jamming every other round. My cousin got it as a extra in a trade his gun had more value in. My little High Standard double action derringer is tiny and I can put every shot on paper even when I first got it I could shoot it reasonably well.

1. Universal M-1 carbine, super rough chamber. Great extractor though! Rip the case head in 1/2!
2. AMT Goverment model. This thing was unreliable with Wilson mags!
3. A Spanish copy of the 1903 Colt .32, incredibly inaccurate! Oddly the thing had real ivory stocks. Truly pearls upon swine.

Good thread, BTW!

still working on it when i have time..universal m1 carbine enforcer pistol, will go bang every time but will only extract every other round, had a rossi short bbl .357. least accurate gun ever, couldnt hit a pumpkin at 10 paces..and not just by inches..most dissappointing..msar stg 556. most expensive firearm ive ever bought. sent it back to the factory with a list of problems as long as my arm( ftf,fte,mag well catches magazine. the twang from the bolt stings the face, bolt hold open doesnt work, forward assist doesnt even touch the bolt carrier, take down pin in the stock wont budge)

Had a Wyoming Arms 45ACP. Rear sight slid out of the dovetail and the safety detent spring left causing the safety to engage with every shot. That in itself wasn't horrible but the fact that the dovetail was so oversized as to let the sight slide around with light finger pressure was.

One of those .45/.410 derringers, not the good one, but the ones you get for under $100. Shot it once, told my step dad to toss the damn thing in the ocean. He thought it was the greatest thing he bought.

Youse guys make me feel better about my own lousy decisions, none of which I'll share here....

My first handgun was a Llama .380 Micromax III, bought for $140 back when I was so poor I couldn't even pay attention. It wasn't worth half that, but at least it never endangered me.

One time shooting it at an indoor range something popped me in the chest while I was halfway thru a mag dump - it was the firing pin! It spit that sucker out undamaged, the strangest malf I've ever seen.

I had a Kel Tec in 40 S&W that had the raised squares on the grip. It would tear at the skin between my thumb and forefinger and then smack my middle finger with the trigger guard. It was painful to shoot and not very accurate so I sold it. I have a target grey Ruger Super RedHawk in 454 Casull with the 9.5 inch barrel that didn't hurt that much to shoot. It did raise a pretty large bruise on my palm though. I still need to find some better grips or get it magna ported or something.

both my Jennings (.22 & .25) are great, obvious thats a relative statement....just load them with cci mini mags and they shoot great. hell half the "good" guns you buy are ammo picky anyway...really though I bought the zip v1.0 and it would not shoot more than one round...didnt matter what ammo or what springs in the gun...it was actually the first gun I bought that wasnt used..funny

The makers of these "weapons" should face a firing squad at dawn

Blindfold or cigarette, sir?

"Blindfold please, I've been trying to quit."

---------

Worst gun I ever shot was a tiny .25 semi-auto that bit the web between my thumb and hand. Temp was zero outside and windy, so you can imagine how that stung on bare skin! Almost threw it in the river, but it was frozen solid. Bled a LOT when I warmed up in the car.

Worst gun I ever owned was a stainless ODI Viking 1911 with Seecamp DA conversion. Cool concept, but in 100+ attempts, it never fed a full mag. I was still poor then (military enlisted) and $600-700 in the early 80's was a bitter pill to swallow.

Hammerli olympic target .22
While competing the .45-.22 NM, was given opportunity to shoot the hammerli.
Couldn't shoot a group.

Taurus 709
Bought it and a G27.
couldn't group the 709. The G27, however, made me look very good!

Was asked "how's the gun shoot?"
Had to respond "shoots good, it's got shooter issues"

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class