JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The worst gun I ever shot was my Father-in-Law's Taurus P111. That thing felt like someone had poured some sand into the trigger housing, then inserted a sponge right up against the sear. Just awful!

From a discomfort perspective, my least favorite was a Diamondback DB9 - can't get a good enough hold on that little thing to keep it from jumping around and cutting up my hand, and when I did, I wasn't too impressed with the reliability.

Skky cpx2 what a piece of crap. Trigger reset was awful had to take my fingers and wiggle it back and forth to get it to click. Also db9. Wasn't mine but a friends ftf over and over and when it did shoot ouch.

An old Iver Johnson 16 gage single shot that when you fired it, left you with the forearm in the left hand, the stock in the right and the barrel in the mud. Unless you were use to shooting it and held it right.
Did have fun with folks with it though :s0087:

I am still on the fence over which is the best gun I have ever shot but two of the worst come to mind for me - first, a Glock 36 - it wouldn't run SWC ammo, inaccurate and just had a weird 'feel' in my hand. Also the quality was not nearly that of earlier Glocks. Second, a Phoenix .22 I bought mistakenly at a gun show. It wouldn't feed reliably, had a heavy trigger and eventually the frame cracked.

What is the most hated firearm, you have owned or shot ?
( reversing a previous question on the board)

1. Taurus PT-22, me and the misses bought a pair thought they would be fun to shoot they couldn't hit a 4' target at 4' LOL ( ok exaggerating) and that when they didn't jam. Tried every type of 22LR ammo and it just wouldn't fire a full mag. I mean never.. 500rds thru it and nothing, oh other then apparently that is the max on the gun as the barrel warped! Yes shooting 500rds over 6 months warped the barrel. Sent in in for repair and sold them when it came back. Not to mention these little farts had a little recoil was surprised.
  2. Mossberg 500 12ga Pistol grip, not fun to shoot, not fun to clean, and wouldnt shoot worth a darn and was loud as hell due to the short barrel.
  3. Glenfield 22 Rifle, now the rifle is fine, but in 1972 my friend shot me in the foot ( big toe to be precise) with one and well lets just say we never went shooting again.

Lots of firearms just aren't my thing...but there are few that I "hate"...

If pressed I'd guess that I'd say any gun that has been used against me in a combat zone...
At that point in time , when I was getting shot at ...I have no problems now , with the many different types of "small arms" that were used against me any longer ....'cause I am no longer getting shot at with them....
And even then ...it wasn't really the gun per se....but the situation...
Andy

Ha ha I owned but did not shoot a Rohm .22 revolver. I was afraid to.
When I got home with it, the front sight was 90 degrees off. Like it would spin around with the slightest pressure. We laughed and said it was a extra feature for shooting gangsta style-- knuckles up, like the movies. Then the sight would be pointed up.
Got my money back, but what a piece of junk! Made in Germany too. AVOID at all costs.

Any tip up barrel mouse gun.

Ditto on the pistol grip Moss 500.

I want to say that about all of the hated guns I've tried. Some haven't fit my hand or the ergonomics were wrong for me but I generally like anything reliable that goes bang - unreliable stuff is frustrating to say the least.

I have nice bolt action 300 WSM that I've never completed load development for because the darn think aggravated an issue I have with my right forearm so badly, it took 6 months to get over the pain. Maybe it was my fault for doing multiple sets of 50. I don't hate the rifle but I often think about selling it and getting something a bit more gentle.

In a similar vein I sold an S&W Airweight many many years ago -- it's the only gun I've ever sold that I didn't later regret selling. Perfectly nice pistol -- just zero fun to shoot.

Charter Arms Bulldog .44 special. Weighed about a pound. With ordinary .44sp ammo it recoiled a good 2 feet the first time I shot it and torqued sharply sideways, trying to escape my hands entirely. The third time I fired it the hammer and several other parts fell out on the ground.

Charter Arms Pathfinder .22. I bought at the same time as the Bulldog. This fired only about half the time. Light primer strikes. I couldn't hit anything even when it did fire, as trigger was so bad.

One day a friend of mine came into work with a black eye and missing teeth. She was near six feet in height and powerfully built. Nevertheless, when she had been harvesting baby leaves for her craft projects in a woods near her home, a guy had stopped on the path and asked her what she was doing. This wasn't uncommon, and the guy was friendly and seemed fine. So she began to explain. Actually he was just trying to get close enough to attack. This guy was much bigger than my friend. The attack was two full force blows to the face without any warning. When my friend regained consciousness, she was slung over the shoulder of the attacker and being carried deeper into the woods. However, she had some scissors on her belt she had been using to harvest leaves. Using the scissors, she stabbed bad guy several times in lower back. He dropped her, and she was able to run away.

At that point, I taught my friend to shoot and bought her two guns. One was a Ruger Standard .22 that served her well her whole life. (This was the first time I taught a grown woman to shoot, and I started with .22s because that's how we taught people to shoot in my family. These days I would have given her a .686 4inch with .38sp wadcutters, and for the light weight option, a 9mm Glock 19. She was a big lady with big hands. )

The other gun I got my friend was a Jennings .22. oh well. It never fired a magazine without one or two jams. I was very young. Actually believed gun reviews in gun mags back then.

There was this M16A1 that I went to shoot one-handed out the passenger side of a M151A2 1/4-ton truck (aka Jeep) but apparently the rear take-down pin detent was worn (I'd been babying it along for over a week) and it made like a break-action shotgun on me when I needed it most. NOT COOL at the time, but me and my team laughed our asses off when we got back to our hooch! I got a different weapon assigned to me after that...

Kel Tec P11, the stuff nightmares are made of. Jam-O-Matic, even after polishing feed ramps, and the fluff and buff procedures that all in the Kel Tec forums said this gun needed. Racking the slide felt like the recoil spring was from the front end of a chevy.

Surprisingly not many, those are almost all El Cheapos:

• My father's Jennings that blew up in my hands on box number one. Fortunately, no damage to me other than some blackened hands and a startled demeanor, but the gun was destroyed. POS? Beyond so.
  • Phoenix Arms P25. Unreliable junk in the same mold as the Jennings.
  • Tec-22. Neat idea (.22 that feeds from 10/22 mags in pistol form), but a completely worthless piece of dung. Mag release broke on outing one.
  • WASR AK underfolder. Canted sight, wobbling magazine, totally unreliable, grossly inaccurate, and ugly as sin equals the rifle equivalent of a sewage pipe.
  • AO M1 Carbine. Another neat idea, but a piece of crap in reality. Even after lots of magazine changes, two trips back to the factory, feeding through a single magazine reliably was too much to ask.
  • Any zinc derringer I've ever shot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top