JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Grendel P10

GRENDEL1.jpg

Recoil so bad it bruised my hand
Trigger pull is horrendous - has a big flat coil spring inside and a hidden hammer
Unreliable
I gave it away.

A Series 80 Colt MK lV.
That was in the early 90s and besides a couple of revolvers, I haven't owned anything w a prancing pony on it since.

I'd say the sting was worsened considerably because at that time, at my age (early 20s then) that SS Colt represented a pretty big achievement for me... it was a real halo piece that turned out to just be a piece. A legendary disappointment.

Mosin 91/30. It was my first center fire cartridge firearm. I didn't think it was the best thing ever when I bought it, I could afford it.

So many people hate it for being a garbage rod but it serves it's purpose. The action isn't as smooth as my Enfield mkiv, the sights aren't as good as my 03A3, but I don't think it's a POS only 18 year old kids buy.

I an sure I will think of others but three come to mind - a Phoenix .22 I bought impulsively - jamming, inaccurate POS that finally cracked the frame. Sent it back, got replaced with new and promptly sold!
The other was a Glock 36. Hey now a Glock is fine in its standard size in 9mm but chop it to the size of the 36 in .45 and it has virtually no redeeming qualities - hard to hold, massive recoil, Terrible accuracy and jammed with SWC ammo (which was not surprising)
I couldn't even fathom considering it for defensive/CC carry - heck a Conmander class 1911 is only a little larger and is vastly superior in accuracy & performance.
Third was a Maadi AK - jamming, feed issues - but being inexperienced with AKs I learned later the Maadi is/was one of the worst AKs there was - but it was free so that was the trade - off. Actually some careful polishing of the chamber and feed ramp and the mag lips got it to run much better and I am sure a few hundred more rounds would have smoothed it up but it got traded for a Mod 70 in '06.

Last Edited:
I can't say hated...disappointed more like it. I had a Charles Daly ( Armscor made) 1911 that was full of cheap MIM parts that broke during recoil. Had to have a gunsmith do work on the frame to fix it, plus I had to replace the recoil spring guide.

There have been many disappointing 9mm Taurii.

Sig Mosquito was very ammo picky.

S&W Scandium 44 Mag
The most brutally recoiling revolver I've ever shot

I don't hate my 329PD, I just hate to shoot it with almost any kind of ammo. It isn't pleasant to shoot - it hurts. But for carrying, it is almost as if it isn't there.

Comparatively, my 460V is a pleasure to shoot with almost any kind of ammo, certainly with ammo about the same power level as .44 mag. but it is a really heavy revolver and not pleasant to carry.

I like both revolvers, but they each have their pros and cons which are not subtle.

Another one I forgot about was the Yugoslavian M57. It was like a Yugo in pistol form. The crap safety constantly caused the gun to fail to fire. The trigger was the grittiest I've ever encountered on a pistol. It also had a nasty habit of ejecting a magazine under recoil. Neat cartridge (7.62×25mm Tokarev), but what a worthless handgun.

Nagant M1895 good luck hitting anything with that double action trigger pull.

Indeed, the Nagant M1895 has, arguably, the worst trigger of any revolver ever made in quantity. I had one, but dumped it along with some other guns when the Mrs went to grad school. I only wished I kept it so that I could have threaded the barrel and ran it with a 9mm can for the giggles.

I've had guns that I wasn't overly excited about after shooting, but I don't think I've ever had one that I actively hated.

I had a 1918 military roll-marked Colt 1911. I bought it, fixed it, and shot it. It chewed a groove into the top of my hand. Hand hold is too high for a non-beaver tailed 1911. Even then, I was disappointed, but didn't hate it. Walther PPK/S do the same thing. I think they are the closest thing to a gun I dislike...

Lots of firearms just aren't my thing...but there are few that I "hate"...

If pressed I'd guess that I'd say any gun that has been used against me in a combat zone...
At that point in time , when I was getting shot at ...I have no problems now , with the many different types of "small arms" that were used against me any longer ....'cause I am no longer getting shot at with them....
And even then ...it wasn't really the gun per se....but the situation...
Andy
I'm with Andy on this one. AKs, SKSs and any of the Soviet Union and ChiCom weapons:mad::mad::mad:. I repaired them and supplied them to our LLRPs and RECON Marines; including providing both with American Made ammunition. I found a bunch of the Ammunition for those Guns that our CIA had Booby Trapped with what appeared to be C-4 in place of the powder.

I also really hate the many different versions of the M-16s. But that's a whole different story.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top