JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I remember right it was a FIE aluminum frame 38 special revolver.couldnt hit the western hemisphere with it, out of time, terrible trigger, you name it. I put it on a metal band saw and cut it up in 1/2 long pieces and tossed it in scrap.

Kimber micro 9, good thing i never had to use it to defend myself

I had been wanting a Micro 9 for a while but hesitated due to all the issues people have with them. I recently saw one in the case at BiMart at a very reasonable price and took a chance. After 400 various rounds of Blazer FMJ, Federal FMJ, my Berry's HBFP reloads, and a 50 round box of HSTs I think I can say this gun is 100% reliable, not one single issue.

The worst? I bought a Ruger SR1911 10mm soon after they came out. I fought with it almost a year experiencing an extraction jam about every 50 rounds. My FFL kept sending it to Ruger where they would adjust or replace the extractor, test fire about 20 rounds and send it back.

The fourth trip back we asked them to replace it and they did. The new one worked perfectly. After about 400 trouble free rounds I left it with Velzey. Now the slide is super smooth, trigger is perfect, it is one of the best guns I own.

Things worked out eventually but I won't be buying any more Rugers in the first year of production.

Things worked out eventually but I won't be buying any more Rugers in the first year of production.
I bought an SR1911. The very first one I saw.
It's been 100% since day one, pretty much like every Ruger I've ever owned. I did say "pretty much". I had one Blackhawk that wasn't perfectly timed and they fixed it with no issue, eventhough I bought it second hand.

I really like the looks of that little Micro 9, but Kimber pissed me off so much a few years back I've still haven't gotten the bad taaste out of my mouth...

An AR-7 clone. It may or may not chamber the first round, and really bad odds on a follow up shot without somehow failing to eject, chamber or fire the next round. The barrel liner moves around, the finish washed off and you might hit a barn standing inside of it. Assembled, it makes a fairly decent whiffle bat.

I had been wanting a Micro 9 for a while but hesitated due to all the issues people have with them. I recently saw one in the case at BiMart at a very reasonable price and took a chance. After 400 various rounds of Blazer FMJ, Federal FMJ, my Berry's HBFP reloads, and a 50 round box of HSTs I think I can say this gun is 100% reliable, not one single issue.

The worst? I bought a Ruger SR1911 10mm soon after they came out. I fought with it almost a year experiencing an extraction jam about every 50 rounds. My FFL kept sending it to Ruger where they would adjust or replace the extractor, test fire about 20 rounds and send it back.

The fourth trip back we asked them to replace it and they did. The new one worked perfectly. After about 400 trouble free rounds I left it with Velzey. Now the slide is super smooth, trigger is perfect, it is one of the best guns I own.

Im glad to hear it worked out good for you, every other round would not go into battery it was a nightmare and constatnly sending it back and still couldnt get it fixed so i ended up selling to someone

A Colt Delta Elite, current generation, with the plastic recoil spring guide rod. It was my second DE so I loved it but ended up hating!

After 1,200-1,300 hundred rounds of S&B 10mm FMJ, it ate the plastic spring guide rod!

It had looked a bit more worn after one practice session, and it froze up the slide on the next one. The slide crushed it like a plastic penny after the train ran it over :confused::mad:

I could not find a thing about this plastic piece on the forums so took it to my old gun smith who suggested a full length metal guide rod / spring replacement ($250.00). So, being a cheap guy especially for an issue on a near year old rather expensive Colt, I called their customer service to "explain" my dissatisfaction about their new design!

The Delta Elite was in the mail the next day, and returned to me within two weeks with a shiny new plastic guide...crap! So, called them back again to explain about plastic guide rods and eventually got to a smith who simply said, "Colt's calling it a "consumable part" now." Crap again...

Sold it off and bought a Dan Wesson 10mm Valor...no plastic ;)

Ruger#1 varmint .223 . . factory reamed a throat a mile long and barrel quality a TURD . I did weeks of load workup only to find it was an expense boat anchor . It was a 'Beautiful' looking Rifle, and it went BANG . but Was a real POS, and a Big Zero for Ruger's Quality Control or knowledge of Smithing accuracy .

Marlin Model 60 "Glenfield" tube-fed semi-auto.
Marlin Model 60 22LR - Marlin Model 60 - Wikipedia

Accurate, handsome, nice stock, comfy and inexpensive. Started misfeeding/jamming during the first brick of 500, became entirely useless after two. I'm satisfied mine wasn't a unique lemon. Perhaps it was just a bad run that year (1981-82ish), but it was the same story with several others (4-5) my buddies all bought that summer, regardless of keeping them squeaky clean, properly lubed and doing extensive research with a dozen brands of ammo.

Last Edited:
Winchester 94 in 357. Cabelas took this one back for a full refund after 2 trips to their gunsmith could not stop cartridges from slipping under the carrier and locking up the works. This one hurt... beautiful wood, pistol grip stock, octagon barrel... but the 94 was never meant for the 357... the 92 is WAY better for that. Gone
Taurus 85 stainless. Split forcing cone on shot #5. Could not hit barn standing in barn. Gone
An inherited Armenius 22mag... probably the biggest POS you could possibly imagine. Gone
And of course the inherited Raven 25acp... ditto. Gone

An AR-7 clone. It may or may not chamber the first round, and really bad odds on a follow up shot without somehow failing to eject, chamber or fire the next round. The barrel liner moves around, the finish washed off and you might hit a barn standing inside of it. Assembled, it makes a fairly decent whiffle bat.
I had one of the originals. I even bought the scope mount for it. Had a trigger pull like the last turn on a Spam can and was about as intimidating as a, "Whiffle Bat." :s0001:

Kahrs are built to extremely tight tolerances. It takes a MINIMUM of 200 round just to break it in.

The single-stage trigger pull takes a bit of getting used to also. It is long but smoooooth.

My worst gun was a Ruger 10/22. It must have been a lemon.
That must have been one gawdawful ruger. I had a brand new 1st gen takedown that shipped without an extractor. Almost ran 2 mags in spite of missing critical parts.

My worst by far was a Rossi single shot .410 synthetic. Stock screws stolen from ikea furniture . Plastic so thin it would flex under cheek pressure.

"Things worked out eventually but I won't be buying any more Rugers in the first year of production."

That's a good idea with just about anything, unless you want a 1st year for collecting purposes. I can't see paying to do the Beta testing on anything and that goes exponentially for anything I could be betting my life on, guns especially.

I almost forgot my Winchester, "Stainless Steel", 12 GA., Marine Riot Gun.:rolleyes:

Stainless Steel ??? What crap !! :(

Maybe the barrel, but the receiver was plated and when the plating pealed off it pitted in several places. Of course this was after Winchester sold out to the Japanese.:mad:

Taurus PT845 - Not necessarily because of the gun but more because of the Company/Customer Service.
Within about 200-300 rounds, the extractor claw broke. Customer service told me to send it back for repair but wouldn't provide a return shipping label. What I could find under the law was that it had to be shipped Priority Overnight from UPS or Fedex. Cost me $70 to send a pistol from Oregon to Florida overnight. That turned my $400 gun into an almost $500 gun. I cut my losses and sold it immediately upon return. I wasn't going to chance the gun costing me any more and because of that experience, I will never buy another Taurus. Used that money to buy a Walther and never looked back. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top