JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today after making ammo all morning I decided to run out to the BLM gravel pile and shoot my Sig 229 in 357 Sig. I've recently started wearing prescription eye glasses and wanted to see if I could shoot with them or not. I'm happy to report not having to aim fuzzy sights at an even fuzzier target helped quite a bit. I only shot 50 rounds and was shooting at left over clay pigeon chips but towards the end was feeling like my old self where I'd line up the sights on a spot and hit it almost without effort. Good times.

Yesterday I finally got the Springfield SA-35 that I had been lusting after. I brought it home and cleaned and lubed it up. Today I took it and my Glock 32 that I've been tinkering with to the wet and cold range for a bit of lets see how they shoot. The range I belong to is in the south Eugene hills so I saw a couple Deer and Turkeys on the drive. Any way I shot the Springfield first and made a fist sized group a little low and to the right. I'm left handed so that's to be expected before a sight adjustment. I shot 60 rounds without any problems. It's a fun gun but left me with a just another 9mm feeling. All others pale in comparison to my SAO Shadow 2. Still and all it's a keeper if for no other reason than it''s the gun JMB was working on when he died. It' smaller and lighter than the CZ or my 1911's so it'll carry easier at the BBQ.
On to the Gen 4 Glock 32 in .357 Sig. Man I like this caliber in this gun. Last night I'd installed a set of Dawson sights, red fiber optic front and black adjustable rear. Once at the range I could see I was hitting a bit high so a couple clicks later I was tearing the bullseye out of the target at 20 yds. The last couple magazines I emptied flipping the 25 yd dueling tree plates back and forth. Now I'm glad I kept this gun it''s very fast accurate and easy to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top