JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bushmaster M-17S

Had to have a bullpup, didn't want to spend $2k for a Aug (only other option at the time).

Magazine was too low in relation to feed ramp, would jam the bullets almost all the way back into the case. Had to get taller mags so it would feed.

Ridiculous sights, rail was floppy, couldn't hold zero for anything.

Very gritty trigger.

Oh yeah, it had a tendency to go BANG BANG BANG on one pull of the trigger.

I had a Bushmaster bullpup Pistol and it also had the tendency to go full auto due to a previous owners attempt at a trigger job on the aforementioned bad trigger. I replaced the hammer which fixed the problem before I sold it.

Really a tie for me, I had an old stainless Sterling Arms .22 pistol, basically the same design as a Jennings J22 (had one of those too, that was the tie) but a little heftier. I wound up going as far as shooting it left handed with the ejection port pointing at the ground and then I could get 3 or 4 before I got another FTE instead of 1 or 2. Same issues with the J22.

Then theres the great and terrible Phoenix Arms HP-22, crazy reliable, but it wore out fast. The hammer was softer than the firing pin, so it dinged a hole into the hammer, and the slide was softer than the hammer so it wore a giant groove in the slide. I don't think you could design a more self-destructive pistol if you tried, maybe if you put fault lines in the barrel but short of that..

Just for fun -

Everyone always talks about the best firearm they've ever shot, likening it to a religious experience....

So,

The question is, what the absolute worst weapon you've ever shot?

Let's hear it.

It was either a Jennings .22LR or Raven .25 that an acquaintance owned, in the eighties. The worst one i ever owned was a Hungarian Walther PPK clone in 9mm Makarov. The pistol felt great in the hand, but was a jam-o-matic and very inaccurate, even at close range, especially compared to the real Makarovs from Russia and elsewhere in E. Europe.

Ahh yes, the old universal carbine, you are so right just a piece of junk. My worst gun was a Western style Saur 6 shooter, made in Germany, now the famous Sig-Sauer.
A friend loved the gun and I told him it was just junk. He wanted it so bad, I sold him the gun for what I had paid for it. 2-3 months later he came crying to me about how bad the gun was. I said too bad, so sad. A deal is a Deal. 6 months later we were still friends and he had learned a lesson, be more cautious.

Most uncomfortable was a compact USP, it just hurt my hand for some reason, not recoil, just the grip. Also a Llama Mini-Max .45, I think you could put the thing in a rest and not hit a milk jug at 10'.

Full house .357 out of an air weight snub was pretty brutal. Nice gun, but I still check under the bed for that monster.

My buddy has one of those scandium .44 mags that he claims will usurp the air weight as the new boogeyman

My buddy has one of those scandium .44 mags
S&W 329? I once shot two full-power rounds through one of them, handed it back to the owner and said I never wanted to see one again in my life. If I wanted to cripple my hand I'll find some other way to do it, thank you. And I own and shoot .44 mag all the time, so I'm not necessarily recoil sensitive (though I'm sure some macho/masochistic type will come along to tell me I'm a wimp :))

As to worst piece of junk, that would have to be a toss-up between a Jennings 9mm and an AMT Backup-45. Absolute garbage, both of them.

I don't even remember the name of the one .25 I had. Couldn't hit a man size target at 10 feet. Gave it to my daughter in law who is now a long gone daughter in law! Glad my son dumped her!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I have a Raven .25 and it works great. Never a jam, minute of milkjug at 10 paces. Make a believer out of a switchblade man I suspect. Now onto crappy guns. I had to think about this one for a bit, I guess Ive been mostly lucky. Except for one. I too fell for the AMT Hardballer back in the 80's. Poorly finished, tool marks, bad trigger right from the box. Wouldnt shoot anything reliably. Never went bang more than 3 times in a row. Finally dumped it on another G. I. when I PCS'ed back to Germany. Wait! This reminds me.....I DID have some really crappy rifles too. They seldom went bang more than a couple consecutive shots too. They were called M16A1's. Perhaps you remember them? :)

High Standard 995 carbine 9mm. Would shoot only one round and jam every time. It was 99$ at the gun broker a few years back so I got it for cheap plinking fun and due to their no questions asked policy I sent it to them and got back what seemed to be a brand new gun with the updated stock and 5 new mags with my serial number welded on it. Never has failed since I got it back and is pretty fun to shoot. Most painful was the AMT 45. No 45 should come out of something that slim and small.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top