JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just for fun...can be due to reasons of design, reliability, or whatever.

Although I have strong sentimental attachment to it, I am tempted to say that my Springfield M-6 Scout is the worst gun I've ever owned. It's designed to be a "survival" rifle and is a .22LR/.410 over/under. Indeed, it was used as a survival rifle by the U.S. Air Force from the 50s through the 70s.

So I accept the design limitations and indeed think that's an interesting niche.

However, I wouldn't want to try to survive with the Scout.

• The trigger is epically bad. I don't think you can avoid a good multi-inch jerk off target in order to fire it.
  • I've had two different Scouts, and on both it's impossible to extract the spent .22LR case without pliers (the extractor seems engineered to stick).
  • The finish rusts quite easily. I have to coat it in Rig or something to keep it clean when it's in the case. I'd cleaned it with CLR and put it in the trunk...three months later I looked and it had a fine orange film. You'd think for a survival rifle they might have considered stainless...
  • And the case is the worst part. Actually, either the hard case it comes with or the soft case you can buy for it have the same problem - they're not designed to store the gun with the scope attached. Now, granted, it's flimsy scope on a flimsy mount. But still...let's say my plane crashes or whatever and I have to survive with my Scout. I open up the stock and see that I have 15 .22LR and 4 .410. Cool. But wait...I have to burn a bunch of that .22LR so I can zero in the scope! (forehead slap)

Armscor .45 1911 officers size. That POS would not even feed BALL ammo:s0154: POI was about 3ft below the POA, stove pipes, FTF's FTE's. I would have had better luck throwing that heavy *** thing at a BG then trying to shoot 'em with it:s0114:

I had a Wyoming Arms 45 that I owned for less than 24 hours. While shooting the 1st clip, the sight moved and let the safety spring and dedent fly off leaving me with a single shot 45 auto :( I am holding out hope the the S&W PPKs I sent back to S&W today for it's third trip(ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!) home for repairs comes back as a shooter instead of the paperweight it was.

Probably the one I wish I'd never sold. AMT Automag II. Was so picky about what you fed it. Wouldn't eject CCI shells to save it's life.
Or maybe it was the Hawes Western Marshall 22 revolver. Cool old single action 22 revolver, but at any reasonable distance you'd better aim way low and to the right...
I really liked them both, though....

Kel Tec P3AT The thing is so small (which is why I bought it in the first place), that with the DA trigger, by the time the thing goes off, my finger is curled completely around the trigger and then the thing moves in my hand because my grip is compromised (I have huge hands...that's right ladies). This wore a patch of skin off my trigger finger that took nearly a month to heal after about 25 rounds.

Bryco .25 or an RG .22 revolver. Never had an issue with either though. The RG has a 1 3/4" barrel though, so hitting a target passed 10 feet is all but impossible. Fun guns though. Between the two I think I paid $50 :D

Try shooting one of those Kahrs for a while. PM40 was a great idea except .40 in that small and light of a gun is no bueno for a shooter. Now if all you want is to shoot about 50 rounds through it and put it your pocket, its probably just fine.

Try shooting one of those Kahrs for a while. PM40 was a great idea except .40 in that small and light of a gun is no bueno for a shooter. Now if all you want is to shoot about 50 rounds through it and put it your pocket, its probably just fine.

Ya, I know what you mean. I shoot a lot of Kahrs.

They are pure defensive weapons. Not at all made for casual plinking.

But to save my life, it is the number one choice for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top