JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Davis Derringer in .22lr. Bought it on a whim and thought just for fun plinking. The barrel unlocking lever broke off before I even fired it. Took it right back to the Gunbroker in Clackamas who, to their credit, refunded my money. Cheap cast metal parts.

On the other hand. I had a Jennings J-22 about 15 years ago that was very reliable and durable. I'd take it out to the range and it would rip off 6 shots in no time flat. Very fun to shoot and I would even consider it safe for carry even though its a .22lr. I dissassembled a round by taking out bullet and powder and stuck the primed casing in the chamber. I then proceeded to throw the pistol about the room and on the floor for quite a while. The safety never moved to fire, nor did it fire when it was abused with the safety on "fire". It is one of the guns I'm sorry i got rid of.

As for weapons that worked but I just didn't like... Glock 27 hurt a lot as did a VZ-24 Mauser.:(

H&R 949 .22lr revolver. The barrel worked itself loose enough to wobble around. Then the plastic piece that helps bring the hammer forward shattered while in the safe.

I'll have to say it was a Jennings 9MM. It shot a 2 foot group at 10 feet with multiple keyholes. Absolute trash! I didn't buy it; it was a gift. It would have been a nice present to give to Ted Kennedy or Sarah Brady. I don't remember what we did with it but I DON'T MISS IT! Absolute JUNK!!!.

Ruger 10/22 jamamatic POS. I have 3 of these things and even today I think while they are fun, out of the box they are very choosy what they eat and I hate clearing a chamber every 10- 15 rounds on a clean gun......Oh well still neat to have.

I already "voted" but afterwards I remembered the real worst gun I once owned.

I bought a little .25 auto in the mid 80's. Was such a piece O crap that you couldn't hit a pop can at 10 feet. Maybe that's not what it was made for, but that's why I hated it. Cute little bullets, though.
My AMT Backup .45, with the trough for a sight was 100 times more accurate. (actually hated that gun ,too)

597 Remington HB 17HMR. 7th shot slam fired blew off the bolt handle and set 3 rounds off in the mag. Brand new and a different kind of experience I don't want to experience again.

Davis .380 (same company that made Jennings and other SNSs)
used, 100 otd and a first purchase of mine at a gun show (no returns) bought with great cheap shotgun which runs perfectly, bought the same guys.

shot about 30rds thru, handed it to a friend of mine to try and it broke on shot 2 of 6.

It was almost worth the loss to see his face at 'I broke your gun'

its a paper weight now at my pal who is a gunsmith has it - he wont fix it - wont order parts - wont let anyone touch it for fear of a hand exploding.

This POS could have turned out worse.

Smith and Wesson compact Sigma 9mm. This was one of the CCW versions they came out with back in the mid-90's, it was a blowback-action version of the subcompact Sigma .380. This thing was a POS, it had numerous FTF's, FTE's and light primer strikes. I sent it back to S&W twice and they could never get it to work right. Traded it in on a revolver and never looked back.

I'm still mystified: it seemed like a perfectly sound, well built, and brilliantly simple design that should have worked, a kewl .22 pistol that took Ruger 10-22 magazines. The threaded barrel implied all kinds of underground fun!

However, it was designed without an ejector, so that virtually every shot jammed on extraction. It was extremely rare to fire twice in a row. I tried everything: different ammo, different mags, radically enlarging the ejection port, new extractors, stoning the extractors, burning candles to Chengo, etc.

Finally, I got half my money's worth at a "gun-buy-back" event, without the magazine! The watchdog cop on duty there did not even know what it was. He huffed, "Wal, thatsa kind of thing we want to get off of the street!" I did restrain my Fist-of-Death and stifled a scream, "Idiot! It NEVER WAS on any street!" Where do they GET these guys?.......................elsullo :s0131:

A Beretta Tomcat. The trigger crapped out after 66 rounds, and I couldn't get a single magazine to run cleanly before that took place. In a word, ugh. In two words, never again.

Wasn't going toss my 2 cents, But I got a real nice Jennings J22, came in a brown paper bag with 3 magazines and reassembled, Super glued to cup coaster makes a fine paper weight.

Bushmaster M-17S

Had to have a bullpup, didn't want to spend $2k for a Aug (only other option at the time).

Magazine was too low in relation to feed ramp, would jam the bullets almost all the way back into the case. Had to get taller mags so it would feed.

Ridiculous sights, rail was floppy, couldn't hold zero for anything.

Very gritty trigger.

Oh yeah, it had a tendency to go BANG BANG BANG on one pull of the trigger.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top