JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I follow. I'm asking because I saw one for sale recently for $1500 and I assumed it was just the lower, not all the goodies included. Thank you.

I don't normally get in to analysis of posts that I believe are made by internet trolls, but a few things stand out here:

- New member starts posting with the screen-name "Assault Rifle" - which most serious folks on the gun boards understand is a bogus term to begin with, so his username creates the first red flag.

- New member comes aboard, professing to be a resident of San Francisco and the state of California, claiming to have just purchased a firearm that is banned in California.

- Upon questioning, new member states that he "doesn't obey unconstitutional laws."

Just feels like some anti-gun individual is trying to get reactions on a dedicated internet firearms forum -- or, it's some 14-year-old "Call of Duty" addict who reads gun magazines, posting from Mom's basement -- or, it's just some pathological liar posting out of some yet unknown motive. In any case, there are multiple lies involved.

Which is fine and dandy...and even perhaps to be commended.

However something to consider here is that it may not be wise to go on the internet proclaiming that you break laws.

Which goes back to something I posted earlier....
Anyone can post just about anything on the internet...but just 'cause its posted , don't make it true or factual.
Andy
I agree with everything Andy says here. While I wouldn't print the OP's post but I am fine with him buying it if he can. He certainly doesn't need anyone here to OK it or give him a hard time. At the most a suggestion about not giving out too much info, but good for him. Like it says in the classifieds, Don't like it, don't buy it.

@Assault Rifle - bring it to Texas and we can go shoot it in the light of day! Congratulations

I just bought a Knight's Armament SR-15 for $150.00
Didn't have to do a 4473 either 'cause my CPL makes me exempt.

Well not really....:D
My point here is .....
If you can type...you can say , do or be anything you want on the internet.

'Course the above would have been far more believable if ...
It weren't for my well known liking for muzzle loaders and vintage / antique firearms.... :D
Andy

I don't normally get in to analysis of posts that I believe are made by internet trolls, but a few things stand out here:

- New member starts posting with the screen-name "Assault Rifle" - which most serious folks on the gun boards understand is a bogus term to begin with, so his username creates the first red flag.

- New member comes aboard, professing to be a resident of San Francisco and the state of California, claiming to have just purchased a firearm that is banned in California.

- Upon questioning, new member states that he "doesn't obey unconstitutional laws."

Just feels like some anti-gun individual is trying to get reactions on a dedicated internet firearms forum -- or, it's some 14-year-old "Call of Duty" addict who reads gun magazines, posting from Mom's basement -- or, it's just some pathological liar posting out of some yet unknown motive. In any case, there are multiple lies involved.
That's just a part of the suspicious/phony behavior. Also appears to have used a stolen (or rather, lifted from another site) photo of a gun and presented it as his own and started a thread on a "debated" topic in the gun community, apparently in hopes that it would lead to arguments (it didn't).

trolling-lines-930x620.jpg

I am not nearly as sophisticated as you guys are. And no, I cannot afford one. What makes the Knights armament SR 15 lower so much better than my BCM's or any other decent lower that I have? What am I missing, and I thank you all for the answer.

OK, I follow. I'm asking because I saw one for sale recently for $1500 and I assumed it was just the lower, not all the goodies included. Thank you.

It has a fancy name.
Don't get me wrong, as a total snob, I'll pay for Wilson Combat. But does it function better than a Tisas?

Well...I get it. I have both Winchesters and knock-offs. Do I get more enjoyment from shooting a genuine Mod. 1892 or 1894 winny, yes to a degree. Will I pay 3 times as much for the genuine article over a Rossi? Yes and I have. But 10 times as much for a Colt over a nicely finished Uberti? NEVER!

It's what you like and what your budget will afford.

There is something to say for a quality built AR 15. I honestly believe you can feel the difference between a $1,200.00 AR and a $600.00 AR. However, there's very little difference between a 2,500.00 AK and a $600.00 AK as far as shooting goes, I know, I've owned several. That's my experience, YMMV.

Where are you finding KAC SR15 lowers for $1500? At $1500 I'd buy as many as I could find. What is the part number of the lower you bought?

............. CURRENT

SR15 lower $5075 with 3+ hours left

Knights Armament SR15 Lower - NEW - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 1031244932

SR15 lower $2800 with 3+ hours left

Knights Armament SR15 Lower - FDE, LIKE NEW - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 1031068735
Gunbroker prices, usually a rip off for parts that sell fast. Other than these links, i've seen KAC at normal prices on instagram ffls... the small shops that do "drop" clothing sorta stuff. Pretty impossible to find them in stock, and at that price it'd be nice to have a mil pocket.

CA compliant price ha: https://www.2azone.com/products/knights-armament-company-iss1102-4992

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top