JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

There are endless discussions on SHTF and "Go" bags. But lately I've been thinking about a "Go" box. The size of a rubbermaid tub that can be put into the car or pulled along on a bike cart that has SHTF essentials.

So the question is: what would you include in a single SHTF rubbermaid tub?

If money no object, this would be my "SHTF box" :s0064: BG_U_MogHome_1.jpg

Or this...
3BqN8Gl4-_fNpL9ncPr-(edit).jpg

As to what I'd put in what size box? Not sure. 55 gallon tote, black with yellow or green or blue lids (different companies, different names; similar sizes); camping and dining gear, a rucksack of clothes, some morale boosters (card games, simple puzzles, usb drives with working netbook or similar, hard copy art& supplies) , and then in a smaller tote; things to cook with, like stoves, fuel, matches, ferro rods, tools...

Edit. I'd be wearing/carrying the ammo, knives, fighting stuff in a separate ruck and the wife would be pulling a kiddy cart with the kid while both wear armor

Might be worth adding vehicle specific gear or bike specific gear if that's how you plan on transporting it. It might be wise to have a secondary option other than the car and bike to haul the stuff in the case your car or bike become unusable.

For vehicles I have both. The bag contains essentials (gun, spare mags, medical, food, clothing, flashlight, knife, etc.). I can take it with me if I need to leave the vehicle, and it is functional as a standalone kit. The box contains additional supplies that I would prefer to have on hand but can live without if I have to ditch the vehicle (more food, water, water filtration, more clothes, shoes/boots, rain gear, blankets, tarps, zip ties, breaching equipment, other tools, etc). Some redundancy in gear between the bag and box is fine, especially for consumables (food, flashlights, batteries, etc), but I try to keep from doubling up on things unless necessary.

My SHTF box is more of a Get Home Box. If it does hit the fan, getting back to the family is my number one priority. I've stocked it anticipating a 25-40 mile hike based on my commute.
Waterproof poncho, light blanket, Mylar space blanket, 2- 4000 calorie emergency bars, Life Straw, Bic Lighter, head lamp and a handful of road flares.
In addition to that, I don't walk out the door without my Leatherman, folding knife, another Bic lighter, 9mm and a spare mag. I also have a 1 liter water bottle with me at pretty much all time. Weather can get pretty nasty in the winter time and I will toss a jacket and sleeping bag in during the colder weather…After typing that out I realized it may be time to put them in a back pack rather than a box
Pretty simple stuff but if I can't make it home with those items it may be time to put my head between my legs and smooch

I'm figuring that you WON"T be needing to waste any space in that box
for either the S or the F ....
.... 'cuz there will be plenty of stinky fans laying tossed about everywhere.
:s0153:

I decided to put everyone who annoys me in the box so I an enjoy SHTF in peace. Nothing bad, IMO, about SHTF if it means I can shoot people who won't get off my lawn.

Ok, I will play, as I like these thought provoking tools.

First, I am going to make some assumptions, like you do and will take a go bag as well as your EDC and this is above and beyond these items.

I personally have a backpack with a 3-day supply of food and water and basic supplies to at least get me away from a SHTF along with my EDC.

Weight will be an issue in my opinion, in a car no problem but behind a bike it will take a lot out of you as the rider slowing down your get away.

So, what to take:

Extra socks 5 to 6 pair nothing worse than wet cold feet
Extra pair of light weight hiking boots/shoes
Spare pants
Spare shirt
Shoe laces nothing worse than broken shoe laces during a march.
Gloves leather work
Extra water filter/life straw
Portable radio wind up/battery to hear any news of what is going on
Head phones for radio
Extra batteries for flash lights, phones, radio, red dots
Phone charger and cable
Note pad and pen/pencil (draw maps and take notes)
550 cord at least a couple hundred feet
Duct tape
Fishing line and fish hooks and bobbers
AXE or large hatchet
Folding saw
Wet wipes
10x10 tarp
Basic sewing kit, needles, thread, buttons
Medical supplies, tourniquet, aspirin, ibuprofen, antiseptic, Benadryl
20 large heavy black 30 gallon or larger trash bags, temp shelters and wind breaks
Extra loaded mags
Any extra room fill with water and food

This is some of the stuff I feel would be great to have at least to start with. Your needs and location your heading to will determine what is top priority to you.

Hey Folks,

There are endless discussions on SHTF and "Go" bags. But lately I've been thinking about a "Go" box. The size of a rubbermaid tub that can be put into the car or pulled along on a bike cart that has SHTF essentials.

So the question is: what would you include in a single SHTF rubbermaid tub?

The head of one of my enemies, so I can have someone to talk to during quiet times.

Not really. :s0131:

I've got my GO trunk packed, that heavy thing I'll put in the backseat if I can't take my Go bag.

But it has MRE's
First aid kit
Ammo, mags
Spare pistol
Socks
Whiskey

My knees are shot, I'm medication dependent, I'm only running if the house is on fire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top