JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Excellent....please come say hello....

Nickinfrontofcrowd1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda related and kinda not. But I was just listening to some Merle Haggard, "Pancho and Lefty" and heard a lyric I hadn't paid attention to before.
"Pancho was a Bandit boy, his horse was fast as polished steel, he wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to feel."
Merle Haggard supports open carry, although I'm not sure he is able to own firearms due to his record, but he was pardoned for it by Reagan. Either way, good lyric in a good song referencing open carry.

Also, have been open carrying a lot lately with the good weather, went out to breakfast at Shari's with some family this weekend. I had to get up to let my wife out of the booth and had to stand next to the booth next to us. There was a girl sitting in, on the end where I was standing, so my Glock was eye level for her. She didn't say anything, but was just staring, almost frozen at my hip. I didn't say anything, just gave her a friendly smile and sat back down once my wife had gotten out of the booth, otherwise nothing big, just every day life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopinc
It's also legal to walk around naked, but why would I want to? Why draw unneccessary attention to yourself?

It takes a certain type of person to wantonly draw attention to themselves in this fashion.

I'm not going to start name calling, but, I avoid these types of people.

On another forum I once had a LEO make this same ABSURD notion. I quoted the law that surely being naked in public IS ILLEGAL!

I carry openly to educate, to normalize gun owners who are marginalized everyday by the main stream media. Personally, I have had enough.

I am a father of two teenage girls, a businessman, a high school basketball referee, a former PTA president. I doubt that there is a name you can call me that would matter, it would be untrue. I find that 99.99% never see the firearm and those that do are curious and accepting.

On another forum I once had a LEO make this same ABSURD notion. I quoted the law that surely being naked in public IS ILLEGAL!

You just couldnt be more wrong.
Oregon law allows nudity -- as long as it isn't done to sexually arouse oneself or others.
http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/judge_throws_out_charges_again.html

Maybe you should tell the judge how wrong he is.

or this one
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-6068545-504083.html

she bikes nude to educate and normalize nudity.... same excuse you use.
It is a common excuse among self aggrandizing attention seekers.

Sounds like your my kind of guy there gogo. :s0155:
Some will never get it.
Some like you, do.
Dave

What I find interesting, is that after 10+ years of CCing, I have come out of the closet and now primarily OC.

I find that individuals that OC are far more tolerant of others method of carry, whether it be OC or CC. Why? Because we understand and have done both on a regular long term basis. We understand there is no reason to undermine a fellow gun owners choice.

I find that individuals that CC are far more likely to criticize those that OC, yet they have yet to walk a mile in their shoes. (I am not talking about walking a few steps). They always come up to me and say..."well it may be legal BUT....." I wish they would say "well it may be legal, I just don't think it is for me...why is it for you?" This initial knee jerk reaction always confounds me, why is it that CC is sacred?

This thread is pretty much proof that OC doesn't hurt anyone.

Anyone panic? Arrested? Did your gun get taken away and used against you?

Anti-OC on this website will have to stop using those excuses now.

What I find interesting, is that after 10+ years of CCing, I have come out of the closet and now primarily OC.

I find that individuals that OC are far more tolerant of others method of carry, whether it be OC or CC. Why? Because we understand and have done both on a regular long term basis. We understand there is no reason to undermine a fellow gun owners choice.

I find that individuals that CC are far more likely to criticize those that OC, yet they have yet to walk a mile in their shoes. (I am not talking about walking a few steps). They always come up to me and say..."well it may be legal BUT....." I wish they would say "well it may be legal, I just don't think it is for me...why is it for you?" This initial knee jerk reaction always confounds me, why is it that CC is sacred?

This entire thread is a representation of what I dislike about open carriers.

People with an axe to grind, a point to prove, or a lesson to teach, and doing it in the way that will garnish them the most attention.

This thread was started by a person that wanted as many people as possible to know that he was going to open carry and keep everyone informed of his confrontations, funny looks, etc, etc.

I rank open carriers up there with the goths who walk each other around on leashes and feed off of the attention it gets them.
Both groups use the same rational, same excuses, and same methods under the guise of furthering or expressing their rights.

Just my honest opinion.

This entire thread is a representation of what I dislike about open carriers.

People with an axe to grind, a point to prove, or a lesson to teach, and doing it in the way that will garnish them the most attention.

This thread was started by a person that wanted as many people as possible to know that he was going to open carry and keep everyone informed of his confrontations, funny looks, etc, etc.

I rank open carriers up there with the goths who walk each other around on leashes and feed off of the attention it gets them.
Both groups use the same rational, same excuses, and same methods under the guise of furthering or expressing their rights.

well if you are going to result to name calling and character assasination then you win....

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top