JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No show of LEOs at all. At least a half a dozen smokers (open carrying) went outside the front door for a smoke and all was good. I left the meet and headed down to our waterfront(Ruston way, Shuster parkway) with my Wife, son and 2 of his friends, for a walk by the bay while open carrying. This is a busy place with quite a few LEOs driving by all the time. Not 1 issue or confrontation at all. As the weather gets better, there will be more open carry for me. I have gone completely OWB carry and it has been a lot more comfortable. The bad weather has kept me concealed by a coat. As I read more, on open carry, on the Open Carry Dot Org forum, I find that this way of carry is a growing trend here in Washington. The LEOs are getting on board with this as are the different establishments . (stores, restaurants, ect) More and more people are doing this with little to no confrontations. For me it has been like an out of the closet kind of experience. I don't feel like I am hiding something. Just by getting comfortable with OWB carry without the worry about the legal ramifications of it, has lifted a weight from my shoulders. This may not be for every body, but it sure feels good to me.
Dave

So me and my Wife's Best Friends Boyfriend Oced a lil Bit the other day.. Well We went into Papa Murphy's to pick up dinner and he handed the person behind the desk his girlfriends debit card She took it and then looked back at us and asked for ID while asking she glanced down to see our firearms, he replied oh its not mine, its her's the girls who's name is on the card, the Girl behind the counter just said ohh ok and ran the card... kinda odd, but was funny. Makes me wonder whats the point for writing SEE ID on your cards if they dont check.

So me and my Wife's Best Friends Boyfriend Oced a lil Bit the other day.. Well We went into Papa Murphy's to pick up dinner and he handed the person behind the desk his girlfriends debit card She took it and then looked back at us and asked for ID while asking she glanced down to see our firearms, he replied oh its not mine, its her's the girls who's name is on the card, the Girl behind the counter just said ohh ok and ran the card... kinda odd, but was funny. Makes me wonder whats the point for writing SEE ID on your cards if they dont check.

Writting "SEE ID" on your card invalidates your card per the cardholder agreement.

Oh I didnt know that... I dont know if her's says that, But Iv known people to write that.. I dont sign mine period even tho im supposed to

Well being no one reads their card holder agreement, it is not surprising.

What is suppose to happen is that you sign your card. Then the retailer has the responsibility and liability.

1) To verify that the signiture matches as all 'credit' transactions should require the retailer to be in possesion of the card.

2) If the signiture doesn't match or is worn, then the retailer 'may' require ID.

Writing SEE ID could force a retailer to deny the transaction.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top