JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I haven't updated anything in the past 2 weeks, because there really hasn't been anything to update on.

Here's a list of places I've open carried in the Beaverton/Hillsboro area in the last couple weeks without any problems, looks, etc.
-Subway on 185th and Evergreen
-Fedex on 185th and Evergreen
-Trader Joes on 185th and Evergreen
-Safeway on 185th and Evergreen
-Goodwill on 185th and Baseline
-Jamba Juice on Evergreen
-Shari's on 185th and Evergreen
-Bi-Mart on TV Hwy
-Red Robin on TV Hwy and on 185th and Evergreen
-Dollar Tree on 185th and on Cornell
-Bed Bath and Beyond on 185th and Evergreen
-Winco on Cornell
-Dominos Pizza on Cornell
-Sububblegumown on Evergreen
-Verizon Wireless Store on Evergreen
-Little Ceasers in Gresham off 242nd and Division
-7-11 on TV Hwy and Minter Bridge

All places, no problems, only thing was a look from that one girl at Shari's, but then again it was literally in her face when she looked out of the booth, and all was well there too.

Last Edited:
Thats great. :) We still have not had much fair weather to open carry in so I to have not much to add. Summer is coming (I think) and things will be a little more interesting then.
We should have a great show up of 2nd amendment supporting folks at the Dennys, corner of 512 and pacific ave on Sat 5-22 at 10:00am.
Coffee is on me. (up to a point) I havent hit the lotto yet so it all depends on how many good folks show up. I can put in about $50.00. :)
Dave

I have to share this.
Yesterday i got dressed to take my dogs to the dog park. Strapped on my 45 with ammo carrier and 2 extra mags for oprn carry being a nice say i wasn't going to wear extra clothes. I don't think anyome noticed my weapon even with people walking all around me.
Went to the range. Stopped at Starbucks for coffee afterwards. Went to Home Depot in Gig harbor and then it happened.
I was standing at the check out and the lady at the check out next to me said in a good clear voice "It is nice to see a prepared american." I said thank you!!!
Man that made my day.

:s0155:

I love hearing stories about people getting the good comment about open carrying. I have yet to get one, but while open carrying and taking my dogs for a walk around the neighborhood, a car was pulling out of a parking lot. The passenger looked at me, looked at my hip and gave me a thumbs up. That made me smile :)

Open Carried to a gathering of folks from the Open Carry forum, yesterday. What a great sight to see a dozen men and woman getting together at Starbucks in Federal Way enjoying a cup of coffee and expressing there 2nd amendment right. Bein a 1911 platform lover, I was pleased to see a few 1911s on hips there. :)
All went very well. We just talked, drank coffee and met each other.
I would really like to see some of you at Dennys on 108th and Pacific Ave, Tacoma, on Saturday May 22 at 10am.:)
I will post more about the gathering as it gets closer.
Dave

Open Carried to a gathering of folks from the Open Carry forum, yesterday. What a great sight to see a dozen men and woman getting together at Starbucks in Federal Way enjoying a cup of coffee and expressing there 2nd amendment right. Bein a 1911 platform lover, I was pleased to see a few 1911s on hips there. :)
All went very well. We just talked, drank coffee and met each other.
I would really like to see some of you at Dennys on 108th and Pacific Ave, Tacoma, on Saturday May 22 at 10am.:)
I will post more about the gathering as it gets closer.
Dave

Thanks for coming Dave, we have been meeting here on the 2nd Saturday of each month since the Starbucks/Brady thing started. This was the first time that FWPD was not there when we arrived. I suspect that they do a shift change at 8am, but perhaps they did it somewhere else this month. There were 9 there open carrying. In addition to Dave who was new there was also 2 other newbies, including a 63yo single woman, 'Ruby'. Ruby was introduced to opencarry by Dave Workman. She spent the entire time with us and I must say I am always impressed to see a smart intelligent woman decide to take her safety into her own hands. After coffee (10am) we walked across the parking lot to Wholesale Sports to do some shopping. Most had not been into WS (the old sportsmans warehouse) and we shopped and talked for another hour.

As Dave could see, most people give us very little attention. If you conduct yourself in a manner in public that is polite, courteous and professional you will experience no problems OCing.

Had a little meet and greet with some of the Open Carry dot Org guys at a little family owned diner in Fife earlier tonight. Felt great being with open carry folks outside in the fresh air, drinkin a shake and fillin the air with a bit of the old BS.
Good times.:)
Did have 1 gal voice her opinion about us (not to thrilled) but out of all the people that went through there with there kids, getting food and sitting on the outside benches, this was the only 1 person who had to disapprove of us being there. The owner thought it was great to have us. :s0155:

You guys and gals have to try to show up, if you can, to the meet and greet at the Dennys on the 22nd. It is a good experience.
I will remind you of the when and where, later on in the week.
I have found it great to meet people with this common bond.
Supporting our rights.
Dave

Now that I have read all 14 pages, I realize that my answer probably belongs in another thread, if so, MODS feel free to move it.

Sometimes what is legal isn't always right. I never cared much for in your face politics no matter what side was doing it. Too me it's not a big deal to cover the gun up, it respects the feelings of others, it doesn't keep me from carrying a firearm, and it doesn't add to the public sentiment about poor opinions of gun owners. We all pick our hill to die on, this is simply not one I am interested in pursuing. Flame me if you want, I have heard all the reasons and I don't agree. I just don't see the advantage to have to justify myself at every public venue because of I want to force the issue. Enjoy.

There was a black man in Arizona who slung an AR on his back and walked around with it at the convention. Folks said that was bad for the gun community. Well Arizona just passed a Constitutional Carry and now no permit is required to conceal a weapon about ones person. Look how he ruined it for everyone...
Open Carry is not for everyone, I'll admit that. Some of you have hidden that gun away for so long it been ingrained not to show or print it. However some of us have decided that hiding it is not for us. I really hate putting on a jacket or an extra shirt because of how someone might think... You got use to hearing curse words on tv, then you got use to sex on tv, well you better get use to seeing guns in the open.

Went for a big walk today down Ruston Way here in Tacoma. For those that don't know, Ruston Way is a VERY BUSY PLACE where families, joggers and all types of people come to enjoy being by the bay, on nice days. Bumper to bumper traffic.
My wife, my son and I Slowly made our way down Ruston way as I Open Carried my Colt 45. Felt good. :)
Not one word or hassle from any one. :)
We will be there tomorrow at about noon, with our 5 month old grand daughter in a stroller, strolling down the way, enjoying the nice weather. 45 on my hip. Its a good 1-2 mile walk.
Maybe see you there?

Dave:)

Being a weeee bit over weight, we have decided to do this walk every weekend that doesn't rain. Right around noon. Should be a good way to loose a few pounds and enlighten people on there 2nd amendment right.
Lots of people and LEO there. :)
Dave

I will be Open Carrying. Just a little heads up. I posted this in the events part of this forum but thought it needed to go here too.
Dave

5-22-10 10:00am. NEXT SATURDAY.
How many are going to make it to Dennys on 108th and Pacific Ave in Tacoma for a meet and Greet?
I would like to give them a heads up. They are going to give us a corner and I would like to know how big this corner needs to be.
Really hope to get to meet some of you local guys and gals.
Let me know by Wednesday please. :?
Thanks.

Dave

I have spoken with Clark Co deputy re this open carry in the county. He says same thing, you will be challenged, the way he said it gave the impression that he personally didn't like open carry. Makes me wonder... Why so controlling and confrontational? If O-carry is legal, that should make the deputies action harrasment.

that doesn't like concealed carry either.

When I got my license many years ago the Clark County officer that handed it to me pulled it back and said "I wouldn't give any of these out if the law didn't require it".

Most people don't realize that WA was a "shall issue" state since 1962. I know my father had one for years before that but his was because he was a tax collector for the state and had been threatened more than once when out trying to collect from loggers at their home.

1 more post about the meet and greet. This is what I have posted on other forums. If you want to be some where where you can feel comfortable with your gun on your hip, this is the place.

Just got back from Dennys.
Talked with a different manager this time and told him we were going to have a meet and greet with people and wanted to give them a heads up on that.
Told him we are at a dozen or more and he asked me to tell the first person that shows up there to give him (the manager) a heads up and he will work on getting tables together for us.
Not once did he ask what kind of group we are and I did not lend any info to him on that.
I (I should say my son and I)will be there at about 9:30

See ya there.
Dave

Great time. We were about 30 strong with kids and all. There is really something to be said about a group of Open Carrying people sitting together and BSing over breakfast and coffee. WOW. :)
You can mark your calender for the 3rd Saturday of each month to come sit and have a greet and meet with a wide variety of good folks.
This went over really well.
Dennys manager was GREAT. He is looking forward to seeing us on these Saturdays. They really went out of there way to make us feel comfortable and wanted.:s0155:
It made for a peaceful stress free gathering. :)
I am looking forward to next one. Saturday 6-19-10 at 10am. Dennys on 108th and Pacific Ave. Tacoma
See ya there.
Dave

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews