JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

OK, now THAT I get, and can get on board with... matter of fact I spent an hour this afternoon removing gang graffiti on an adjoining street to my house that was done up Friday night... yes, I was visibly armed with a .45ACP during the process, plenty of people of the predominate "ethnic group" around here saw me, and HOPEFULLY it sent a message to the appropriate jerks... :mad:

Tattoo.... you dont carry cocked and locked?

Looks like he does from the pictures. He just puts the retention strap over the hammer. It looks that way to me anyways. I always carry condition one. If/When you need to deploy you need it 10 seconds ago. You don't get extra time in a life or death situation sorry. No time outs, no do overs, I'm afraid.

LOL.. he pulled A .45 from the safe... not THE .45!! :s0112: :s0155:

Welcome to my house. There are 3 1911 45's in my safe. Well honestly 2 right now because I'm carrying one. 1 fullsize 1911 45 super rig with 6" compensated barrel. 1 Fulsize High Cap 1911 14+1 standard 5" barrel. And I'm currently carrying my Warthog 1911 and my LCP.

Yes I know I'm a 1911 nut ball and I'm kool with it. Things you won't find in my safe are Glocks and the like. Just not my cup of tea sorry.

Well ya can't have just 1. :s0114:

Heck no! and I like you already tattoo. :s0155:

If you're licenced to carry concealed you can pick up or drop off a student without having to dissarm.

(e) Any person in possession of a pistol who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060, while picking up or dropping off a student;

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.280
That particular statement "while picking up or dropping off a student" has never been tested in court. Does it mean while stopped outside in the parking lot, or can you actually go into the school?

I don't want to be a test case so I leave the .45 in my car along with the mags and folder! It's also legal to carry in the sheriff's office, but I don't either.

We have a school building here in Vancouver that has been converted to a community center, it's also right next to an active school and is posted like the schools. State law says that to have the exclusion applied the building has to be "exclusively" used as a school, which this one isn't. The Boys and Girls Clubs have offices and events there as well as a swimming pool and rock climbing. I wish the AG's office would give on opinion on carrying there.

The laws in WA aren't that complex. Some of us who OC in WA keep a printout of all of Title 9 Chapter 41 of the RCW. If my dang printer worked, I'd do it too! But there's only one law that really matters, and I can cite it pretty well.

i keep looking for the exact part about OC but find none just on CC point me in the right direction if you could if it states terms of OC or if its just mainly where you cant carry at all here in WA

I do. One of my pics were taken to just show the holster and I was not going out so I just pulled a 1911 out of the safe for a pic. I carry a 38 sp around the house. :)
a .45 even around the house unless I'm in my bathrobe, then it's only a Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser. Hopefully that's enough to get to something bigger!!

I know its a bit off topic.... BUT>>>>> :s0122:

Okay...

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

UPDATE. :)
All is good. I have been open carrying all I can with this wet weather we have been having. Only a couple of days worthy of no coat. :( The Best Buy guys gave me a few interesting looks but nothing bad. As the sun comes out, so will my open carry. I have not given up this right to do so.
This Saturday there will be a 2nd amendment rally in Olympia and My 11 year old son and I will be there. We will have a 5x9 foot American flag that we are going to hold up in support of the USA and our rights that we have. We will be getting a lot of pics there so I will post them on Sunday for you all to see. I hope to get some real great GROUP pics with many good folks and our flag.
Rain or shine, we will be there.
If you go, look for us and say HI :s0155:
Dave. :)
And Alex (son) :)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class