JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This entire thread is a representation of what I dislike about open carriers.

People with an axe to grind, a point to prove, or a lesson to teach, and doing it in the way that will garnish them the most attention.

This thread was started by a person that wanted as many people as possible to know that he was going to open carry and keep everyone informed of his confrontations, funny looks, etc, etc.

I rank open carriers up there with the goths who walk each other around on leashes and feed off of the attention it gets them.
Both groups use the same rational, same excuses, and same methods under the guise of furthering or expressing their rights.

Just my honest opinion.

Mr.NiceGuy have you said your peice now? If so I'd like to remind you that just because somebody started this thread you are not require to read and/or respond to it.

GoGoDawg I would disagree with you on 1 small point. I am CC'r but have zero problems with somebody that chooses to OC. I believe statements to the contrary though well meaning can add to divisions between the CC'rs and OC'rs. Again I understand the law and actually appreciate those of us who choose to OC. I can't bring myself to do it myself thus far however.

OUCH.
I started this thread with the hopes people would want to know how open carry would be seen here in Washington as I go on with my daily life. I'm not going to get huffy with your opinion about this because it is YOUR OPINION and I respect that. Keep an open mind and you may see that not all people are as you depict them.
Thanks for adding a little spice. :s0114:

Mr.NiceGuy have you said your peice now? If so I'd like to remind you that just because somebody started this thread you are not require to read and/or respond to it.

GoGoDawg I would disagree with you on 1 small point. I am CC'r but have zero problems with somebody that chooses to OC. I believe statements to the contrary though well meaning can add to divisions between the CC'rs and OC'rs. Again I understand the law and actually appreciate those of us who choose to OC. I can't bring myself to do it myself thus far however.

Just as you are not required to read and/or respond to my post.
Just because it is a dissenting opinion does not make it any less valid.

Or am I only allowed to be passionate if I agree with you?
I was just expressing my first amendment rights :s0114:

Excellent sir! You would be one of the few CCers who understand. Again, I chose to because of who I am. I wear a shirt with a collar everyday, I don't own camo, I have a wife and two teenage daughters, I am active in the community. I didn't want my firearm rights to be portrayed by just guys in harley davidson shirts and leather, I want them viewed through a larger prism of society.

Agreed! ;)

Now quit bickering Mr.NiceGuy :s0140:

angry-smiley-055.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

People with an axe to grind, a point to prove, or a lesson to teach, and doing it in the way that will garnish them the most attention.

This thread was started by a person that wanted as many people as possible to know that he was going to open carry and keep everyone informed of his confrontations, funny looks, etc, etc.

I rank open carriers up there with the goths who walk each other around on leashes and feed off of the attention it gets them.
Both groups use the same rational, same excuses, and same methods under the guise of furthering or expressing their rights.

Just my honest opinion.
This entire comment is a representation of what I dislike about people like you!

Well MrNiceGuy heres a (my) scenario for ya. You live and work in the woods/rural area. Weapon is not concealed cause frankly who the **** is gonna see it. Done working and its beer thirty so you decide to run down the country store (45min. away) and grab some refreshments. Upon exiting the store the wife calls and asks for you to go to town and grab a few things from the local supermarket. You get there and realize "Oh no, I dont have a IWB holster in the truck, (like it matters to begin with) what am I ever gonna do?" Im not gonna leave my weapon in my vehicle for some douche bag to steal. Just go get the crap you were told to get. Thats what you do. No fuss no muss just get the crap. I HAVE A RIGHT TO CARRY!

And I rank people who make statements like you with the anti gun, pro obama, constitution killing, anti American liberal/democrat people. Same rational, same excuses, same methods under the guise of furthering or expressing THEIR (WANTED) "rights."

Just MY honest opinion!

Honestly The Bickering and fighting needs to stop.. this thread was started to follow a persons journey through open carry and his experiences... Not for people opposed to his idea to bash on him and cause his thread to be closed... if you want to debate on open Carry start a new thread specifically meant for Open carry debate, but turning this guys thread into a huge bashing orgy is not a nice thing to do, nor is it respectful to him...

Now Tattoo I have enjoyed reading this thread and if it does get closed down cause of immature people who cant stand someone standing up for their right and are in support of Obama and against the 2nd amendment... then please email me your experiences, because i would like to know more.

Ooo I want to join too

Just my honest opinion.

This entire post is a representation of what I dislike about people who care too much about what other people do.

Seriously man, who gives a crap if some goth weirdo likes to be on a leash. How does it affect you? I am of the opinion that everyone should be able to do whatever the **** they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. (In fact, I don't even trust anyone who doesn't have some sort of strange fetish. That would just be abnormal! :s0131:) Same goes for gays, open carry, and anything else.

I rank people like this up there with people like Ahmadinejad--forcing everyone to follow their belief systems with with no right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Just my honest opinion.

Btw, if a mod wants to split the pro/anti OC posts into a different thread that would be cool.

I'd join in, but everytime someone posts a dissenting opinion, they're a troll or something not worthy of responding.

Everyone has the right to disagree with you. I have the right to think OC is wrong and contrary to furthering the 2nd Amendment cause. Equally, I have the right to to think that it's great and something we should all be doing. Both are valid arguments.

Calling names and being rude, questioning loyalties, and generally being low-brow is not appropriate for either argument. Respect people's right to dissent. It's as important as the right to carry a firearm. In fact the two have often gone hand in hand in our history.

I'd join in, but everytime someone posts a dissenting opinion, they're a troll or something not worthy of responding.

Everyone has the right to disagree with you. I have the right to think OC is wrong and contrary to furthering the 2nd Amendment cause. Equally, I have the right to to think that it's great and something we should all be doing. Both are valid arguments.

Calling names and being rude, questioning loyalties, and generally being low-brow is not appropriate for either argument. Respect people's right to dissent. It's as important as the right to carry a firearm. In fact the two have often gone hand in hand in our history.

Why is OC wrong and contrary to furthering the 2nd Amendment cause?
Why is being open and honest about who I am detrimental to that cause?
Why is changing the preconceptions of those who see firearms owners as rednecks, hillbilies, bikers, etc... to that of a businessman contrary?

I do not think OC is for everyone, but it is an individual choice. You must be prepared in your appearance and behavior.

Why is changing the preconceptions of those who see firearms owners as rednecks, hillbilies, bikers, etc... to that of a businessman contrary?

I do not think OC is for everyone, but it is an individual choice. You must be prepared in your appearance and behavior.

Read the sentence after that please. I was playing devil's advocate. I was making a point that everyone has a right to their opinion even if it's not yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoDawgs

Read the sentence after that please. I was playing devil's advocate. I was making a point that everyone has a right to their opinion even if it's not yours.

I understand. As you can see I don't ridicule or call names.

However, I thought your point deserved to have the questions put forth for answer, if not by you then by others. This is a fundamental question that I would like to see discussed.

I understand. As you can see I don't ridicule or call names.

However, I thought your point deserved to have the questions put forth for answer, if not by you then by others. This is a fundamental question that I would like to see discussed.

Probably best to start a new thread on that topic. Tatoo is simply trying to share his experiences and that would likely cause some heated debate, as there are people on both sides of the fence reading this thread. Or simply search some of the old threads, as I'm pretty sure the arguments have all been put forth and debated already...

We have been Welcomed to meet at my local Denny's on the 3rd Saturday of each month.:s0155:
5-22-10 10:00am will be the 1st get together. I will be open carrying there and hope to see some of you there. If you feel a little uncomfortable with open carry, this would be a good place to feel comfortable.
Please see the post under events and gatherings, here on this forum or visit Open Carry dot org.

We have been Welcomed to meet at my local Denny's on the 3rd Saturday of each month.:s0155:
5-22-10 10:00am will be the 1st get together. I will be open carrying there and hope to see some of you there. If you feel a little uncomfortable with open carry, this would be a good place to feel comfortable.
Please see the post under events and gatherings, here on this forum or visit Open Carry dot org.

I didn't see it posted on the calendar here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top