I did it!

Reactions
Well guys, I've been living in the Vancouver are for the last 3 years trying to work out the plan. 2 months ago I and my family traveled to the reservation where my mother was born in Minnesota to harvest wild rice for our food storage. During that type we realized this place is right for us. We started looking for the right opportunity/property and after a bit of feel in our laps. We bought a 93 acre off grid Amish ranch/farm/compound. Already set up with a huge barn, home and multiple workshops. I can't even believe it but it happened. I love this site and will continue to post here. I will be having many questions so be prepared.

Thanks and chat soon!

ZA_Survivalist

Reactions
Congrats man! That sounds like a fantastic transition and a great leap towards living the great life you envision for yourself!
Hope we dont lose you as a member, post pics when you get all set up!

Camelfilter

Reactions
Nice, congratulations!

Ease into what you want to do, and do so well. Rather than taking on more than you realistically can and doing so poorly.

More so if you all are both working fulltime, or reasonably close to such, away from the place. Dunno about telle working, but if that's what you all are doing, or partly, MIGHT be able to do "more".

Talking animals & there care here primarily, as to what not to take on too much of, too soon. Other " things" project wise can be built up towards without having immediate impact if missing the daily care. However stay realistic...

JeremyK

Reactions
My dad’s side of the family is from Minnesota, and I property search there from time to time and I’m shocked to see 100+ acre farms with 2000 square foot houses, barns, grain silos, workshops, outbuildings, etc. Going for mid-100k in price range

Hop Sing

Reactions
Congrats! I'm originally from the upper midwest and it sure is a great place for the outdoorsman! Did you harvest the rice the old fashioned way, using two sticks. one to draw teh rice over the canoe/boat and the other to whack the stems to dislodge the rice? What a fun and relaxing way to obtain delicious food.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom