JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well guys, I've been living in the Vancouver are for the last 3 years trying to work out the plan. 2 months ago I and my family traveled to the reservation where my mother was born in Minnesota to harvest wild rice for our food storage. During that type we realized this place is right for us. We started looking for the right opportunity/property and after a bit of feel in our laps. We bought a 93 acre off grid Amish ranch/farm/compound. Already set up with a huge barn, home and multiple workshops. I can't even believe it but it happened. I love this site and will continue to post here. I will be having many questions so be prepared.

Thanks and chat soon!

Congrats man! That sounds like a fantastic transition and a great leap towards living the great life you envision for yourself!
Hope we dont lose you as a member, post pics when you get all set up!

I'll never leave this board. Is already good to go as far as being set up. We've made great friends with the Amish and are beginning to learn their ways and it's great. I've open field I can see from the back porch has deer coming through all winter.

Nice, congratulations!

Ease into what you want to do, and do so well. Rather than taking on more than you realistically can and doing so poorly.

More so if you all are both working fulltime, or reasonably close to such, away from the place. Dunno about telle working, but if that's what you all are doing, or partly, MIGHT be able to do "more".

Talking animals & there care here primarily, as to what not to take on too much of, too soon. Other " things" project wise can be built up towards without having immediate impact if missing the daily care. However stay realistic...

If you see this Amish guy around, don't provoke him:)

eaRSOI.gif

Great fishing and hunting. I'm learning it all from my cousin here. Currently I'm trapping minnows so I know how for bait and income. I have another business that wouldn't matter if SHTF so learning it all.

My dad's side of the family is from Minnesota, and I property search there from time to time and I'm shocked to see 100+ acre farms with 2000 square foot houses, barns, grain silos, workshops, outbuildings, etc. Going for mid-100k in price range

Congrats! I'm originally from the upper midwest and it sure is a great place for the outdoorsman! Did you harvest the rice the old fashioned way, using two sticks. one to draw teh rice over the canoe/boat and the other to whack the stems to dislodge the rice? What a fun and relaxing way to obtain delicious food.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top