JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mateba Revolver Clones(based on the original looks of the gun not the ugly Rhino revolver)
Double action top-break revolver built to handle .327 magnum, .357 magnum, .44 magnum, or .45 Long Colt, but I could settle for a top-break in .45 ACP if it was factory rated for +P or .45 Super, though .460 rowland would be the best of both worlds.

Too bad they never caught the thief who stole Detonics prototype top-break,if that went into production it would be my dream gun and probably my only handgun.
For now I'll just have to hope that the rumor I've heard of Mateba revolvers coming back is true, though I will have to save up considering I read msrp was $2,500.

For guns never made a top-break with the barrel placement of a Mateba in .454 Casull, that could also take .45 acp,.45 super, and .460 rowland on moon clips would be my ideal gun. Could be loaded mild(.45 acp) for new shooters, to wild (.454 Casull) for serious threats like Alaskan Grizzly, the Mateba style barrel placement would also significantly reduce recoil even more so if the barrel was threaded and came with a compensator. I'm just a 25 year old with weird taste in guns though doubt any manufacturer would listen to me unless I had a few million to invest in a gun company.

Mateba_6_Unica_Hunter.jpg
Detonics Top-Break.jpg
7959232_orig.png
1316645_orig.png

Savage already makes it.

I have one - Savage 24 in .223/20 ga.

Chiappa makes them in 12/20/410 & .22 LR/WMR.

There are others out there, a few sell for under ~$500, and then you go up from there - Valmet usually being the next step up, then various other euro combi guns for quite a bit more.

Savage used to sell a combi that was a rebranded Valmet, only you could not swap barrels on it and it only came in one or two configurations IIRC.

.....Too bad they never caught the thief who stole Detonics prototype top-break,if that went into production it would be my dream gun and probably my only handgun.

I toured the Detonics facility in Bellevue in the early 80's courtesy of a friend who'd become acquainted with Sid Woodcock. I saw that revolver in their machining center in the process of having grooves cut in the barrel rib. At the time a break action revolver seemed a bit archaic but the 7 shot feature made it kinda cool. They had a little pocket auto they were working on too but I don't recall the caliber. Looked like the 9 in one of your pictures. Interesting stuff.

I haven't read this whole thread, but the number of rifles in stainless with iron sights and threaded barrels is disappointingly low, especially in 22lr! I have the 10/22 takedown already but it would be nice to get a stainless Ruger American Rimfire with iron sights and a threaded barrel. Apparently all stainless threaded guns need scopes! I know I can have a Smith work on one, but that is extra money and time and you never know exactly how it will turn out.

Anyway, just wanted to rant about that a bit. Back to your regularly scheduled day dreaming.

I haven't read this whole thread, but the number of rifles in stainless with iron sights and threaded barrels is disappointingly low, especially in 22lr! I have the 10/22 takedown already but it would be nice to get a stainless Ruger American Rimfire with iron sights and a threaded barrel. Apparently all stainless threaded guns need scopes! I know I can have a Smith work on one, but that is extra money and time and you never know exactly how it will turn out.

Anyway, just wanted to rant about that a bit. Back to your regularly scheduled day dreaming.

sadly in this day and age nobody knows how to use open sights. People are putting optics on everything, and destroying the value on lots of guns that never should have had optics. Frequently see old lever guns like 1886, 71, 94, 73, etc drilled, tapped, ruined for a $100 Walmart scope, or crappy skinner sights. I guess open sights are like driving a manual transmission, millions will never experience it.

I wouldn't say that nobody uses open sights...All but one of my rifles have open sights.
Many a match and shooting challenge has been won with my favorite rifle ( A fine Hawken Rifle replica ) even against rifles with scopes...

I do agree that far too many folks think that you need a scope to make hits at a given range...and that learning to effectively use iron sights is a underappreciated skill that needs to be pushed back into the forefront.
Andy

Fair enough. Speaking of Hawkins. At the range I've seen a few kit guns with red dot scopes. Thought never occurred to me, never mind it's just blasphemy. Lol

Red dots have their place, but that certainly isn't one of them!

And although we can agree about using iron sights being akin to a manual transmission, I do enjoy peep sights, including a couple of Skinner sights on my lever guns. I suppose it all comes down to what works for you. It would be nice if manufacturers would at least give you the option on a lot of guns that come glass ready these days.

Maybe there's hope they'll come around. After all, I didn't think I'd see Marlin make a stainless 357 lever gun again, but they did. Although they put a rail on it! Here's a shameless picture of my 1894CSBL sans rail but still with the ghost ring, which is fine by me.

1894CSBL_Ford_1_2018-10-11.jpg

Chiappa makes them in 12/20/410 & .22 LR/WMR.
...And the .22 WMR is nothing to sneeze at. A podcaster in AZ claims to have killed a black bear in his goat pen with one shot from one. Admittedly, the BC of the bullets is pretty pathetic, so range isn't great.

You're not going to put many rounds through a single-shot rifle, so the cost of the ammo is almost irrelevant.

sadly in this day and age nobody knows how to use open sights. People are putting optics on everything, and destroying the value on lots of guns that never should have had optics. Frequently see old lever guns like 1886, 71, 94, 73, etc drilled, tapped, ruined for a $100 Walmart scope, or crappy skinner sights. I guess open sights are like driving a manual transmission, millions will never experience it.
I do but I'm outside the norm, I actually prefer open sights, not a single gun I own has optics and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I've never had a problem hitting a target indoors or outdoors with nothing but irons, I see other people my age shoot mostly with red dots and it makes me cringe.(I'm 25)

I see no reason for optics unless shooting at extreme long range, like you need to kill a bad guy a mile away with a Barret m82 .50 BMG or Cheytac .408, otherwise I see no need for optics.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top