JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do but I'm outside the norm, I actually prefer open sights, not a single gun I own has optics and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I've never had a problem hitting a target indoors or outdoors with nothing but irons, I see other people my age shoot mostly with red dots and it makes me cringe.(I'm 25)
You may feel differently when you're over 40 and develop presbyopia :p

Still, I find it weird that I can go into a gun shop and seen no new centerfire bolt guns with iron sights.

The hole in my can is not big enough for .452!
You want a new rifle but not a new can? Weird. ;)

It seems like you already have a great 9 mm-ish suppressed rifle (and I'm envious). You can buy A LOT of .357/.38 brass and components for the price of a 9 mm rifle, so even if it was a thing, why?

For those who don't already have a Rossi, it would make sense.

True that. Of all our long guns, only two rifles are scoped. One is for medium sized game (Savage 99) while the other for varmints (customized Ruger Mini-14).* The rest sport iron sights.

* These fellows.

View attachment 515808

View attachment 515809
This gives me an idea - I've heard the .308 Winchester and the 7.62 NATO cartridge are based on the .300 Savage.
What if you took the .300 and opened it up to .375.
Base is .473" and shoulder is .446", so its possible...hmmm :s0149:

Dean

You want a new rifle but not a new can? Weird. ;)

It seems like you already have a great 9 mm-ish suppressed rifle (and I'm envious). You can buy A LOT of .357/.38 brass and components for the price of a 9 mm rifle, so even if it was a thing, why?

For those who don't already have a Rossi, it would make sense.

Cuz shooting different suppressed guns is too much fun!

I do but I'm outside the norm, I actually prefer open sights, not a single gun I own has optics and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I've never had a problem hitting a target indoors or outdoors with nothing but irons, I see other people my age shoot mostly with red dots and it makes me cringe.(I'm 25)

I see no reason for optics unless shooting at extreme long range, like you need to kill a bad guy a mile away with a Barret m82 .50 BMG or Cheytac .408, otherwise I see no need for optics.
I'm 40 years older with (sorta) the same attitude. Less so as I age but irons still work for me. One observation though , I can hit a target with irons at a much greater distance than I can properly identify it.

"And although we can agree about using iron sights being akin to a manual transmission..."
I would regard the ability to drive a stick shift as a basic driving skill.
Calculators are convenient but they don't replace being able to do basic math with a pencil.
GPS is kewl. Even better is knowing how to use a map and compass.
Iron sights have worked for a long time and still do. Someone who can't use them is missing a basic shooting skill.
Lots of amenities are nice as long as they aren't a crutch for lack of primary skills.

this:

Last Edited:
1) All steel SIG P227 Tactical Elite with fixed mags, QRT and chambered for .460 Rowland and 10mm

2) Revamped PS90 (better/thicker plastic stock, better trigger pack, better sights) with barrel read for integral suppressor.

3) Titanium/scandium/etc. pistols/revolvers for .22 rimfire with at least a 6" barrel and rails for scopes/etc.

4) Well designed takedown bolt action tube fed rimfire rifles with lightweight materials (Ti/CF/etc.) that fold/takedown into a small compact package, but are easy to shoot and very accurate.

5) Lightweight compact bolt action pistol & rifle chambered for 5.7x28

Last Edited:
Picture a Mauser C96 Broomhandle, but:

• Shrunk down in size consistent with a handgun in .32 ACP / 7.65x17㎜ Br.
  • Gorgeous bluing and custom wood grips.
  • Fixed, 20-shot magazine, fed by stripper clips.
  • Very nice, high visibility, adjustable sights.
  • Possibly threaded for a silencer.
Ever going to happen? Nope. But a fellow can dream. :D

Hammer fired DA/SA subcompact 9mm. Kahr sized.

A low volume (compact dimensions) .223 semiauto rifle. Think AR-18, but even more compact.

European quality combat pistol built on the Pedersen Rem. 51 fixed barrel mechanism.

Throwback Beretta 92 with round trigger guard and a hidden decocker.

Production fixed sight pencil barrel N frame S&W with 3 or 4" barrel. (And blue it.)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top