JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Browning BLR in .338 Federal... its not listed at all, should be doable because its right between .308 and .358 Win...

Otherwise... seems everyone else pretty much said it... except..

A US made, SKS-M/D that takes AK mags, and is not gonna be double what the AR15s go for on average:rolleyes:

Rem Model 8/81, in modern calibers...

...does anyone still make a "Longslide" 1911?
1911 w/ 7.5" barrel. That would be cool.

I know of four companies that make 1911's with long slides for 6 inch barrels. 6 inches is quite long. I think that anything longer would be impractical.

The companies are Springfield Armory, Rock Island Armory, STI, and Fusion Firearms.

Some offer just complete handguns, but I know that with Fusion, you can just buy the complete upper slide assembly, to put on an existing frame. Some offer higher velocity calibers, to take advantage of the longer barrels. Springfield Armory offers their long slide in 45 Super. And Fusion Firearms offers 6 inch barrels chambered in 400 Corbon, 10mm Auto, and 357 Sig.

Here is a video of the Springfield Armory 6 inch long slide in 45 Super:

And one of a Fusion Firearms 6 inch long slide in 10mm Auto:

That's easy. A 7 lb 44 mag lever action carbine with a FASTER barrel. Maybe 1:22 instead of this 1:38 stuff. Plus a larger chamber that can handle bullet weights up to 360 grain or so. And put either Skinner or XS sights on it. Big loop lever.

Ruger SP101 match champion in 9mm.
Even a GP100 in 9mm
For a range gun that shoots cheap 9mm center fire ammo.
Charter Arms makes one that's close, but it's not even on their site:
Charter - Pitbull, 9mm, 6\
Taurus has one, but not with a 4-5" barrel or an adjustable site.
:(
edit: I know S&W has a Performance Center 9mm revolver but it's $1100+

May as it make a 9x23 and shoot both.

Browning BLR in .338 Federal... its not listed at all, should be doable because its right between .308 and .358 Win...

Otherwise... seems everyone else pretty much said it... except..

A US made, SKS-M/D that takes AK mags, and is not gonna be double what the AR15s go for on average:rolleyes:

Rem Model 8/81, in modern calibers...

Actually, the Rem 8/81 can be re-barreled to .308 Winchester or pretty much any thing in that length!
Ed Shillin did conversions on these, and while quite popular in the 50s and 60s, not really all that popular now! I picked up a Shillin .308 Mod 8 last year ( thanks to SgtNambu, RIP) and have been most pleased with it, especially compared with my cousins original .30 Remington! You can find these now and again on the online auctions, they fetch around $600 or so, depending on the condition and such!:D

The number 1 obvious choice would be a 1911 made by Browning. It was his design, so it seems only fitting Browning makes a Browning quality 1911.

12ga / .22 combo

Semi .22 lr on top, pump or semi 12ga on bottom.

Ideally something like a 10/22 magazine fed from the top and then ejects to the right. Imagine taking a left side charging 10/22 and spinning it 180 degrees and affixing it to the top of a 12ga.

Trigger layout would need some engineering.

"One that comes to mind is a quality, reasonably faithful to the original, reproduction of the Mauser C96 "Broomhandle" in 9㎜ Parabellum. Bonus neat-o-ness if they offered an SBR version with the stock/holster. It is exceedingly unlikely to ever happen though."

I think the short recoil roller lock action ala the Cz-52 would work pretty well in C96 type architecture. Most of the machining could be done on a CNC mill - simpler than the original locking system. Maybe containing the FCG housed in a module (think Tokarev) allowing change out for different applications.
This fantasy pistol might even be available in 5.56X45, 7.62X39,.300 BLK, etc.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top