JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last time I checked, industry is in the business to make money. Increasing margins is one way to do that.

A 2A friendly type of business comparable to Amazon could help bring better prices to customers but none exist that I am aware of.

Last time I checked, industry is in the business to make money. Increasing margins is one way to do that.

A 2A friendly type of business comparable to Amazon could help bring better prices to customers but none exist that I am aware of.
Palmetto State is the closest to that. Love em or hate em. Bringing the AAC ammo online helped us all out. Now'd if they'd just get that steel cased Russian x39 rolling out:s0092:

I've seen the second hand, marked up, ammo classifieds when there are shortages. But I don't buy used ammo, or I should say "second hand ammo", from classifieds (with 480 Ruger being the one exception because it can be hard to find), only new from a retailers. I typically buy bulk and have not had to pay high prices.
I will buy "used" ammo in bulk, if it is in the original boxes - not loose (I sometimes have wound up with some loose ammo as part of a deal). Sometimes that has been from members here, sometimes PD "trade-in" ammo at a good price (Recoil Gunworks used to have some good deals on PD trade in defensive ammo - haven't seen any lately).

There are exceptions - lever action and sometimes revolver ammo (when I still had my 460V). I have bought .45-70 from some members here when they had 100 or so rounds at a good price. Now I have about 200-300 rounds of that and I think that is about all I will ever need in that cartridge except maybe to reload some very light loads with light bullets for small game.

They might be closest but a long ways from same day free delivery.
I pretty much don't care about same day delivery, not even same week. I buy a LOT of stuff on Amazon (but usually not Amazon made stuff - not with the Foxconn scandals) and I usually select the delivery day that is several days out at least. Some of the stuff doesn't come for months. I don't care because I don't need that stuff yesterday.

Same goes with ammo; there is no caliber I have guns for that I don't have at least adequate ammo for - I buy for the Zombie Apocalypse in the long term, and when there is a good deal. I doubt I will ever use all of the rimfire ammo I have - even the hunting ammo I have I doubt I would use all of that if SHTF - mostly it is for barter if SHTF.

The name of the game is to make money to increase one's personal wealth. How it's done is up to the individual's conscience. Inflation stats, labor stats etc. change as needed to convince others that "all is good"! YOU should determine what is the better solution for YOU! The so-called "market basket of goods" (inflation index) is a variable that is easily manipulated by the presenter. It has been changed many times!

This is one of those times to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the propaganda machine is telling you.
Ain't no shortage.
Ain't no run up in prices.

Unless we all run out and start hoarding again.

This is one of those times to do the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the propaganda machine is telling you.
Ain't no shortage.
Ain't no run up in prices.

Unless we all run out and start hoarding again.
A month ago, there were hundreds of bricks of primers at Cabella's.
Yesterday I stopped by Cabella's, there were NO primers.

I think there is a shortage. IMHO.

this guy is a clown, his Youtube channel is a joke, he uses shock tactics, false headlines, and general misinformation. he might as well be wearing a clown nose.

This just in, proof of ammo pricing conspiracy.

1702655706430.png

I don't know that I buy this conspiracy theory. The "stockpiling" may have been a result of a sales downturn the past few months. Most firms won't knowingly get ahead of themselves too far because they tie up a lot of money in labor and materials with stored goods. They don't have to stockpile to raise prices. They can do that whenever they want. But that works both ways. If they raise prices more than the market will bear, they have more ammo sitting around unsold.
This. The company I work for supplies a major ammo related company with components for their machines (have to keep it vague because of NDA's) . During the covid panic many companies pumped up production to keep up with demand and way over bought expecting it to go on for longer. The place we do business with has stopped purchasing from us because they over bought thousands of the components estimating at the current rate they wont need to buy from us again for another 2 years. But also I could see how many companies are withholding stock piles to keep the prices profitable for everyone much like diamond companies or how farmers destroy billions in crops to keep the price of crops in a profitable margin.

Vista Outdoor, a parent company to many firearms businesses, told Newsweek that it will substantially increase its ammunition prices due to "an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder."

The Minnesota-based company confirmed the authenticity of a December 1 letter sent to customers that it would go ahead with an across-the-board increase of its ammunition and gunpowder prices on January 1.

"Due to world events our suppliers have notified us of unprecedented demand for and an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder, and thus has increased our prices substantially," Vice President of Sales, Sporting Products Brett Nelson said in the letter. "We must therefore raise our pricing to help offset those increases."

Companies that will increase their prices include Remington, Alliant Powder, CCI, Federal, SEVI-Shot and Speer. The following increases include:

• Shotshell: 1-7 percent
  • Rifle: 1-7 percent
  • Handgun: 1-5 percent
  • 22LR/Shorts: 1-5 percent
  • WMR/HMR: 1-7 percent
  • Primers: 5 percent
  • Alliant Powder: 10 percent (limited availability).

this guy is a clown, his Youtube channel is a joke, he uses shock tactics, false headlines, and general misinformation. he might as well be wearing a clown nose.
That, lamentably, sums up so much of the firearms-related video content. It is the reason why, with very few exception, I don't bother any more, and haven't for some time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top