JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You can skip to 2:11 when he gets informative.
But in a nutshell, a verified employee of an ammo maker claims
the shortage is being put on by the ammo makers. They are stockpiling massive amounts, They have built huge warehouses
and have many many trailers full of ammo and are now laying off employees and s running
skeleton crews and are shutting down lines and shutting down 9mil production for december.
all according to a whistle blower, ALL TO JACK UP THE PRICES FOR US!

TIME TO WRITE THESE BUMS AND DEMAND THEY STOP THE SHENANINGINS!
Add in your own verbage, call them, make them feel uncomfortable, stop buying at their stoopid prices

Last Edited:
Talking to many ammo industry people...warehouses are indeed full, as people haven't been buying the amount of ammo as in the past few years.

Look at some of the recent 9mm prices...down into the 20 cent range.

I've been watching the price of 223 and 5.56 ammo on ammoseek go up an average of .5 to 3/4 of a cent per day.

The ammo is there, what they want to do with it is their choice. If they decide to hold and get more profit, again that's their choice.

I know the margins I need to have and replacement costs of components to keep the doors open...we've got plenty on hand this go 'round to keep prices more stable.

I don't know that I buy this conspiracy theory. The "stockpiling" may have been a result of a sales downturn the past few months. Most firms won't knowingly get ahead of themselves too far because they tie up a lot of money in labor and materials with stored goods. They don't have to stockpile to raise prices. They can do that whenever they want. But that works both ways. If they raise prices more than the market will bear, they have more ammo sitting around unsold.

I say fake.
Where are these "huge warehouses"?
Who built and paid for them during the pandemic when raw material was scarcely available?
Why would a for-profit corporation choose to stop making profit?
Where would their operating funds come from, by NOT selling goods?
They need clash flow to survive.
Publicly owned corporations answer to their investors.

One "Never happens like that" factor certainly could happen.
Two "Never happens like that" factors raise eyebrows.
Three "Never happens like that" factors...C'mon man!
Four or more? Like I said.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep.. I get that... A companies will to do what they want I get that...
I'm getting something more here.. What is being implied here is that after the initial rush to get back after the plague,
they've (vista) been caught up for a few years now (so what we saw in 2021 and 2022 was artificially inflated)
and have been only letting a little out at a time.. This isn't a recent occurrence.
THAT is what is annoying about this. I get the (joe)flation aspect of all this and the neckbeards scalping, yada yada.
Sure prices are low for factory ammo NOW...
But now we have Cz Group buying them (Vista) up and Cz Group owning a lions share of Fiocchi we're startin to see
a monopoly develop which should be a major concern for us.

And lastly, what's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?
6 months or less,
Just sayin'

Last Edited:
kills me just the other week or two there was 556 for $7.20 at some places and today i look because of the new and welp here we go. I was on PSA and had a cart to go with 15 boxes of the 556 they had, had to run outside for a min and poof it is not longer available. funny as the other week I was I will buy some ammo at the end of the month when i get paid as i have been putting off buying some 556. maybe ill look on here for some 556 but I'm guessing the ole "community" will follow suit and go with every man from themselves ($15 for a box of 20) mentality it likes to do :/

I say fake.
Where are these "huge warehouses"?
Who built and paid for them during the pandemic when raw material was scarcely available?
Why would a for-profit corporation choose to stop making profit?
Where would their operating funds come from, by NOT selling goods?
They need clash flow to survive.
Publicly owned corporations answer to their investors.

One "Never happens like that" factor certainly could happen.
Two "Never happens like that" factors raise eyebrows.
Three "Never happens like that" factors...C'mon man!
Four or more? Like I said.
I too would take any story like this on YT with a pound of salt. VERY much doubt it is not fabrication.

I am also skeptical of the story.
I recently noticed 9mm, 124 grain, brass cased on sale for less than $11 for a box of 50. I had not seen that low of a price for a few years, especially if you factor in the inflation has occurred.

I am also skeptical of the story.
I recently noticed 9mm, 124 grain, brass cased on sale for less than $11 for a box of 50. I had not seen that low of a price for a few years, especially if you factor in the inflation has occurred.
Those of us who have lived through multiple panic shortages see one common theme. Every time it happens a LOT of people screaming its done by the people making the stuff. That if they were not doing this they would just "make more". There is no reaching people like this as they don't want to hear truth. The cost to slap up a new plant and hire more people is HUGE. It takes a LONG time for that cash outlay to turn into profit. The Co is also paying taxes on the place they sit and on the equipment. Even if the equipment is sitting idle they are paying for it. Building a warehouse to store stuff they don't want to sell would be HUGELY expensive. Laying off large numbers of employee's also becomes VERY expensive. Most who want to believe this is done on purpose will stare at you eye's glazed over when you try to explain this. :s0092:

1698354911617.png

1698354752604.png

1698354776760.png

1698355004951.png

1698355194551.png

Aloha, Mark

Yesterday......
The guy I met in Portland said that prices were on the way up. So, I should buy NOW (whatever I could afford).

1698355374618.png

Then, he showed me another bag.

1698355630449.png

And he reminded me, that he would always be here for my "additional needs".

Aloha, Mark

PS.......

1698355956709.png

Well, you couldn't prove it by me. Yes 9mm is getting back to the .20 range. But 7.62x39? I've stock piled deep on the Russian 726 and have hand loaded bunches more but still feel the price is too high. I mean who uses that round any more? I thought all the cheap Warlords and Soviets used AK74's now.

Or maybe they have a limited number of machines so make say a years worth of a certain kind of ammo then switch the machine over to whatever is next, wash rinse and repeat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top