JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The BK-5 is only 3/16" blade thickness, thinner than the BK-7. You can certainly baton it but I bought it for its lighter blade and fighting knife profile. It's nice that it came much sharper than the usual BK's, which are just reasonably sharp, IMHO. This baby is razor sharp! But....you don't want to do any unreasonable prying with it!

IMG_1006.JPG

Finally got my Witness Steel Compact today. It is a bit heavier than I would have liked, but the balance and feel are wonderful. I can carry it cocked and locked (unlike the CZ P-01). Need to find a good concealed holster for it now. I wear a vest, so I was thinking of shoulder rig.
witness-steel-compact_l-jpg.372018.jpg

Picked it up on monday. My new EDC, Springfield XDs 3.3 .45acp Needed a smaller, "Less printing" EDC for Summer, and saw this at Dj's new at a great price. Could have, but didn't resist the calling!
View attachment 373515 View attachment 373516

Do not forget this promotion
Purchase ANY new Springfield Armory® 9MM, .40SW OR .45ACP pistol February 1 - August 31, 2017 and receive:
  • 4 EXTRA MAGAZINES
  • DOUBLE MAG POUCH
  • RIGHT HAND HOLSTER
I have had a XDS 45 and 9 since before the recall, I only have the five round and seven round magazines for the 45, seven and nine for the 9. Well suited to pocket carry, where my 45 lived for years.

Last Edited:
Do not forget this promotion
Purchase ANY new Springfield Armory® 9MM, .40SW OR .45ACP pistol February 1 - August 31, 2017 and receive:
  • 4 EXTRA MAGAZINES
  • DOUBLE MAG POUCH
  • RIGHT HAND HOLSTER
I have had a XDS 45 and 9 since before the recall, I only have the five round and seven round magazines for the 45, seven and nine for the 9. Well suited to pocket carry, where my 45 lived for years.
Yup, the first thing I did was go to the site and register for it. Sucks having to wait 8 to 12 weeks, but then again ya can't complain about FREE!

Picked it up on monday. My new EDC, Springfield XDs 3.3 .45acp Needed a smaller, "Less printing" EDC for Summer, and saw this at Dj's new at a great price. Could have, but didn't resist the calling!
View attachment 373515 View attachment 373516

When I got my CHL I picked up one of these, just right before Sandy Hook. The reason I mention that was that the few times I went out shooting it I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn standing two feet away from it. I blame the shooter, not the gun so there is that. I got a call from the place I bought it at just after Sandy Hook, there was a guy there looking for an XDs and the guy at the shop knew that I wasn't overly thrilled with it. Ended up the guy at the shop offered my $900 for it. After picking my jaw up off the counter I said "Hell ya" to the offer. It just happened that the shop had a nice Sig Sauer Ultra Compact 1911 in a nice dual tone for sale for $899. I offered $890 for it and got it.

Got a Ohaus/RCBS Model 304 Dial-a-Grain reloading scale. It's accurate to within 1/10 grain, doesn't need batteries, and sits high on the bench so I don't have to scrunch down to read it. Like-new in box with instruction manual. Should arrive in the mail next week

IMG_0038.JPG

I switched over completely from AK's to the AR platform a couple of days ago and picked up a gaggle of stuff. Now I patiently await the big brown truck and a call from my friendly gun store. :cool:

Bought two FAL metric magazines. One of them had a rusty spring so went out to buy a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi and poured it into a bucket to let the spring sit in for a while. Might do the same for the rest of the magazine parts but maybe not, since the amount of rust on the magazine bodies is minute in comparison.

For anyone looking for a reason to quit soda, let rusty metal sit in some soda for a while and see what happens.

An old school timer for Bullseye pistol to replace the cheap plastic West Bend I had been using until it broke. Good to know how much time you have left to shoot the Timed Fire and Rapid Fire. No timer needed for Slow Fire: has anyone *ever* gone over time in Slow Fire?

s-b275x275.jpg

Ordered two single magazine carriers for IWB carry, one for my G-33 and the other for my XS40 SC Mod 2, in different colors so I can tell them apart.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top