JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a new S&W M&P Shield 9mm with thumb safety this week. So far I really like it but man it's going to take some getting used to. I'm suffering the apparently very common of "down and to the left" accuracy syndrome.
My first small handgun, my first striker fired and my first partial polymer handgun all in one.
Great little gun at an amazing price. $339.
The longer mag that allows your pinky to grip is a crucial must have.
image1.png ?

I bought a new S&W M&P Shield 9mm with thumb safety this week. So far I really like it but man it's going to take some getting used to. I'm suffering the apparently very common of "down and to the left" accuracy syndrome.
My first small handgun, my first striker fired and my first partial polymer handgun all in one.
Great little gun at an amazing price. $339.
The longer mag that allows your pinky to grip is a crucial must have.
I have the same Gun, but I bought it awhile back for $389, but mine is gathering dust as I bought too many other guns and it's raining, and I hurt my wrist, and someone peed in my Post Toasties...and....

Those darn Palmetto e-mail ads... advertising Federal American Eagle 5.56 at $6.99 a box of 20, free shipping on 25 or more boxes. I got 50 saving some for you yes I already had umpteen thousand rounds on hand, but this is nearly a years worth for me.

Old Powder River Precision got another order from me, mostly for the new 40 Mod 2, I have coming. I have the drop in trigger kit, extractor, striker and a couple of other things that I forgot about already, half the innards. I got a set of their punches and a extended grip safety for my XDM 5.25

"Oregon's Gun Laws" Kevin Starrett, the newest edition. From the OFF table at Albany gun show. They have several cases, if you need one swing on by if your going tomorrow.

I think the show closes early on Sunday, 3 maybe?

Busy show! Didn't see my Unicorn any where (stainless CZ Compact), but a friend of mine bought a Sig he'd been wanting for a long long while.

4 Anderson Manufacturing Ambi Single Point Sling Adapter Plate
3 Carbine Stock Lock Ring - Castle Nut
2 JBO Low Profile Gas Block .750 Black
1 JBO Low Profile .625 Gas Block for LIGHTWEIGHT Barrels
1 KAK INDUSTRY 1/2x28 .223/5.56 SLIMLINE FLASH CAN
2 MAGPUL MBUS Front Back Up Sight (Gen2) - Black - MAG247BLK
1 Complete Mil-Spec Forward Assist Kit

4 Anderson Manufacturing Ambi Single Point Sling Adapter Plate
3 Carbine Stock Lock Ring - Castle Nut
2 JBO Low Profile Gas Block .750 Black
1 JBO Low Profile .625 Gas Block for LIGHTWEIGHT Barrels
1 KAK INDUSTRY 1/2x28 .223/5.56 SLIMLINE FLASH CAN
2 MAGPUL MBUS Front Back Up Sight (Gen2) - Black - MAG247BLK
1 Complete Mil-Spec Forward Assist Kit
Isn't it great getting everything staged for the big build...and not once does it resemble a "to do" list...just pure ANTICIPATION!

I am curious about the Boraii pocket guards. They seem to be just what I am looking for, safe and minimalist. I'd appreciate an update in a few days to see what an actual owner (not a website review) has to say about them.
A couple days of normal carry in, i'm leaning towards skipping them in the future.
On the positive- its way more concealed than my vedder holster in same clothes same carry gun(walther pps .40sw)
On the negative- my barrel is full of lint. I feel like I need to clean it daily. I might he OCD, but...
i'm goong to carry it a bit more before fully deciding. I love it for my stashed piece (taurus millenium pt111) makes picking up and getting on target easier.

A couple days of normal carry in, i'm leaning towards skipping them in the future.
On the positive- its way more concealed than my vedder holster in same clothes same carry gun(walther pps .40sw)
On the negative- my barrel is full of lint. I feel like I need to clean it daily. I might he OCD, but...
i'm goong to carry it a bit more before fully deciding. I love it for my stashed piece (taurus millenium pt111) makes picking up and getting on target easier.

Interesting. I was thinking of getting one for my Taurus PT111. They are cheap enough that if it ends up not working out then no harm done. Thanks for the input!

I have a dedicated holster for my PT-111 so I carry AIWB with it. I had ordered four Boraii's for different guns and they are under way. I have several RKBA leather pocket holsters and they normally set flush on the bottom of the pocket with the actual muzzle 1/8 to 1/4 inch above the pocket, I won't say I never get muzzle fuzz, but rarely. Like I say I'll know more about the Boraii's in a week.

A pound of Accurate #7, 250 Berry's 180 40 cal bullets, a box of 50 HPA 10mm.

Sportsman's out on 185th and hwy 26 has been getting more and more powder, bullets ammo, primers, etc. Everytime I go in I find a few more things that weren't there the last time. Checked out the new SR1911 cmdr in 9mm, trigger was o.k, I could see it getting pretty good. I was surprised how loose it was though, as soon as I picked it up I could feel the frame/slide gap. None of my 1911's are that loose. Probably shoots o.k., wasn't terribly impressed overall. Had the odd pleasure of shooting a Llama .22 mini 1911 the other day, kind of a POS but cute and fun at the same time. It never missed a beat and we were shooting out to 25 yds and hitting pop cans. So while at Sportsman's I fondled the Browning .22 mini 1911, I'd buy one at 1/2 the price but not @ $549 o_O

It was a good lunchtime browse.
S0, i saw a nice Sako 6.5 creedmore at Coastal. Had the cash but, I have a 6.5x284. And a few other long range rifles.Walked.Yesterday I bought it. Sweet rifle. I love Sako. I have no self control. I can not die without that rifle.

Okay the Boraii are in and my initial impressions on the LCR, RM-380, and LCP II are...

LCR 38 fits with the Ergo Delta grip like it was designed with this grip in mind, but the retention is so tight that it is nigh on impossible to draw out of the pocket. The only 'hook' is fairly rounded and even with rearward force applied, it does not want to catch. you have to grab the holster and rip it off the gun. The holster will hit the ground, but you will be able to use the gun.. Pocket lint haters will not like the complete lack of muzzle protection. Times like these make me want to buy a professional heat gun (More heat than my hair dryer) to loosen the retention some, then it will work.

RM-380 fit like a glove, but still very tight retention, not as bad as the LCR, but I do wish there were one or two retention adjustment screws. Where is that Heat gun?

LCP II fits well, still strong on retention, but this one will release the gun and the holster flips out of pocket to the ground. a lanyard would be a possible fix if you did not have a heat gun,

I have not tried my G-33 yet, but I will once Sleeping Beauty awakens

They all positively protect the trigger

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews