JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been looking for one of these for the last year at every gun show and online. Last weekend in Albany I found it at the table of a FFL I have had good dealings with in the past. I did not have the funds set aside but found out he would be in Eugene this weekend. Well she is mine.
The story behind it is that it was a retirement gift to a detective in 1975. He put it in his safe and never shot it. It does have the slightest cylinder line, however the barrel and firing pin look brand new. This will likely go in the safe and remain unfired by me. But man SHE is beautiful.
Now to find an original box and owners manual from that era, a period correct holster and some mid seventies ammo and I will have the nice makings of a historical display.

1975 Colt Detective 38 Special

IMG_1695.JPG IMG_1696.JPG IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1706.JPG IMG_1712.JPG IMG_1716.JPG

I have been looking for one of these for the last year at every gun show and online. Last weekend in Albany I found it at the table of a FFL I have had good dealings with in the past. I did not have the funds set aside but found out he would be in Eugene this weekend. Well she is mine.
The story behind it is that it was a retirement gift to a detective in 1975. He put it in his safe and never shot it. It does have the slightest cylinder line, however the barrel and firing pin look brand new. This will likely go in the safe and remain unfired by me. But man SHE is beautiful.
Now to find an original box and owners manual from that era, a period correct holster and some mid seventies ammo and I will have the nice makings of a historical display.

View attachment 336922 View attachment 336923 View attachment 336924 View attachment 336925 View attachment 336926 View attachment 336927
My Dad bought one of those for my mom in the early 80s. I asked my mom for it and she said no. Anyways, nice find!

View attachment 336922 View attachment 336923 View attachment 336924 View attachment 336925 View attachment 336926 View attachment 336927
Very nice !
They don't make 'em like that anymore !
Love that deeeep bluing.

Also, wanted to share here... I had an ad on armslist for a glock and lucked out some how. Some guy traded me an Arsenal AK in mint shape and continues to message me with cool stuff he forgot to give me.

I thought I was going to pick up a new lower today and got the FBI delay. This has happened to me three times now. Guy at the shop says the delay is random one in every five. I think there is some criminal version of me out there running around messing up my good name. Screw you other guy with a similar name!

Beautiful!!! Can't beat a Dick Special! I'd be sick with a desire to fire her! In fact, I'm positive I would! :D

I thought I was going to pick up a new lower today and got the FBI delay. This has happened to me three times now. Guy at the shop says the delay is random one in every five. I think there is some criminal version of me out there running around messing up my good name. Screw you other guy with a similar name!
It's more and more the norm to get delayed. Took me God only knows how many firearm purchases till I got my first delay this month. Sucks but the way she goes!

I had gotten a delay on the last 5 firearms I purchased, 2 rifles, an AR pistol, and 2 handguns until today. My mossberg MVP patrol 7.62 got a proceed after ~20 minutes. Before the delays starting happening, the previous bunch had never had a delay.

Dirty old man! :eek:
LOL
Pretty darn cleaver don't you think?
Gabby
Duh you already said it was cleaver, I'm guilty of not really reading, but being taken in by your SHOCKING naughty comments. LOLOLOLOL :rolleyes:
I hope he got a patent on it already or some Chinese outfit will be cranking them out next week!:mad::(

Last Edited:
So I have a bushnell spotting scope and some good old binoculars but I don't have anything that is less than ~15 years old by them. does anyone have any idea if their economy line stuff like this is worth the purchase:

Bushnell AK 1x25 3MOA Red Dot Sight - AK731303

any tips appreciated.
That red dot sight works fine, especially for that price. I've used it on a WASR and didn't have any issues for the few hundred rounds. I think this one is similar to the trs25.

I just ordered three 'Mr. Softy' leather holsters from High Noon holsters as they were on sale. Just so I have extra options for my XD45 SC Mod 2, G-33, and Ruger LCR 327.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top