JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked this bad boy up this morning .629 deluxe

1557780843056.jpg

Earlier today some things that go bang and some things to hold them came and a powder measure, some wads and a reloading stand came for the Old Army.
I also ordered a set of grips for it.

I picked up a nice old school used Cabela's holster for the OA for $15. at my favorite tackle & gun store last Saturday. It looks a lot like a Bianchi, not nearly as nice as the old El Paso Saddlerys before they were hecho en Mexico. But I'm sure it will outlast me and it doesn't need to be broken in. :D

Added a Streamlight TLR-8 G
Got in a TFO front sight also but find that it's not really necessary now.
No problem seeing the sights with the light on. Green dot is really bright as well, inside or outside.
Y1wplRDl.jpg

I should be receiving my most recent order from Midway. A rack to store cleaning rods. AR-15 front handgrip wrench. Chicago screws. Two slot picatinny rail section . Three 50 round 8mm 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips for my M48 Yugo. 250 Berry's 230 grain .45 ACP. 250 158 grain Berry's .38 Spl. 250 125 grain Berry's .38 Spl. These will be loaded up to test in my S&W Model 64 with the heavy 4" barrel. This stuff will keep me busy.

Added a Streamlight TLR-8 G
Got in a TFO front sight also but find that it's not really necessary now.
No problem seeing the sights with the light on. Green dot is really bright as well, inside or outside.

I've had my eye on the TLR-8 for a while now. I keep hoping that someone will put it on sale. Looks like a nice light.

I received a Seekins SP-10 BCG yesterday, a Thunder Beast CB muzzle brake today and, with any luck, a Faxon 16" 308 barrel tomorrow. Might be shooting a new AR before the weekend is done. :)

I received a Seekins SP-10 BCG yesterday, a Thunder Beast CB muzzle brake today and, with any luck, a Faxon 16" 308 barrel tomorrow. Might be shooting a new AR before the weekend is done. :)
That's gonna have some serious muzzle flash lol. My 18" barrel kicks out about a 2 foot fireball to each side of it.

That GM308 makes the wallet warm, when you buy it 1k at a time.
Yeah definitely not the cheapest ammo, but not the most expensive either. Paid $0.83/rd + tax on it. That grendel ELD match ammo costs more than the GM-SMK ammo@ $0.85/rd + tax. But I don't blast that ammo. Slow precise shots for that stuff typically on paper.

For blasting I use tulammo 150gr 308 steel cased @ $0.28/rd + tax. Good blasting/gong ringing ammo. :D

My investments are considered fine wine. I have 168gr and 175gr in my cellar.
Hirtenberger works fine for lead slinging. I stick my nose up at that.

No steel case has seen my bolt guns or my custom AR308.
And to think I bought a Magpul D-50.
The day I load it up to see dollar signs in the flash, LOL, NOT.
For the cool factor, and they may get banned.

Last Edited:
My investments are considered fine wine. I have 168gr and 175gr in my cellar.
Hirtenberger works fine for lead slinging. I stick my nose up at that.

No steel case has seen my bolt guns or my custom AR308.

My custom LR308 has seen plenty of steel cased ammo lol

After buying 1-2k rounds of steel cased vs brass cased I could easily buy a replacement barrel and extractor/bolt if necessary just from the money saved alone and have money to spare. Not hard to change those parts considering I assembled the upper and lower ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top