JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I picked up three AK receivers that I ordered from Childers Guns LLC for the three AK kits I posted earlier Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today? and Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today?

DSC_0774a.JPG

from the top: Polish KbK AKMS underfolder, Bulgarian AR-M1 AK-74, and Romanian PM md. 63.

Close-up of the correct markings for each country applied by Childers.

DSC_0785a.JPG

Childers also applied the same serial numbers from the corresponding kits to each receiver so the receiver serial number matches the serial number of their parts kit numbered parts.

Keeping with the AK theme, I also got this beautiful AK coffee table book from AK — Vickers Guide

DSC_0753a.JPG

It is full of beautiful color illustrations of every type of AK, organized by country. I put a real AK next to the book so you can get an idea of how big the pictures are.

DSC_0758a.JPG
DSC_0770a.JPG

Last Edited:
I picked up three AK receivers that I ordered from Childers Guns LLC for the three AK kits I posted earlier Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today? and Guns, Gear, Accessories, Etc: What did you buy today?

View attachment 581165

from the top: Polish KbK AKMS underfolder, Bulgarian AR-M1 AK-74, and Romanian PM md. 63.

Close-up of the correct markings for each country applied by Childers.

View attachment 581166

Childers also applied the same serial numbers from the corresponding kits to each receiver so the receiver serial number matches the serial number of their parts kit numbered parts.

Keeping with the AK theme, I also got this beautiful AK coffee table book from AK — Vickers Guide

View attachment 581167

It is full of beautiful color illustrations of every type of AK, organized by country. I put a real AK next to the book so you can get an idea of how big the pictures are.

View attachment 581168
View attachment 581169
Very nice. If possible, please post up your build progress.

I purchased an EGW one piece rail for a Savage Long Action flat back receiver aka older Savage 110 without Accutrigger. I needed a one piece rail so I could put the rings closer together than my 2 piece bases. I have to give a shout out to EGW for quality products. The finish was perfect. It came with a fresh torx bit and 5 screws not 4. Always handy to have extras around. I went to their website to get more info and found out that for only a few dollars more than Amazon, you can order extra torx bits and extra screws to accompany the rail if purchased directly from EGW. Unless you need steel mounts required for falling out of Helicopters and other hazardous activity, EGW aluminum bases are a great way to get a lightweight quality mount for optics on a variety of actions.

Their standard offerings are 0 or 20 MOA but they give you the option to order a custom setting like 10 MOA which is pretty cool.

Not sure why their photos still show the torx "L" wrench when they ship with a 1/4" T10 torx bit, but that's hardly any reason to fault them :)

EGW rail.jpg

I shot my 911 (Slightly different model) last week 72 rounds using four brands of ammo. Locked back each and every time. I emailed Springfield, they emailed me back but I did not see that message in time for them to get my response back to them in time. Monday I guess, really like the gun other than that,
I started a new 911 thread.

I picked up 10 lbs. of Holy Black.

Also, another Vedder pistol holster and two Vedder magazine holders. I really like the holsters made by Vedder.

Finally, I ordered a NIB Ruger No. 1 in .44 Magnum that is supposed to arrive this Tuesday. I already own one in .357 Magnum (non-CHP marked) and I wanted it's bigger brother.:)

Damn those sales! they got me again...

From Primary Arms: Leapers UTG ACCU-SYNC spring loaded flip up iron sights
From PSA: another Geissele SSA-E trigger. Cause my .308 and my 6.5 grendel need some nice precision triggers... Probably steal the SSA-E out of my 15-22 and put it in the grendel, put the 308's ALG trigger in the 15-22, and give the new trigger to the .308 when it eventually arrives (PSA ships slow anyway and it's coming via free ground shipping)

That will be 4 of those triggers I have now..Guess I'm a fan LOL
Currently my 5.56x45, 7.62x39 (the one with the scope on it. the other one has a cheapo mil-spec trigger in it), and .22lr all have SSA-E triggers in them. the .22lr is getting demoted to ALG trigger cause reasons! :D

100 rds of magtec 308 with Sierra hpbt @$0.80 per round. Its more expensive than the stuff I have stockpiled (MEN rebrand @ $0.59) but I like how it groups way more. The price you pay.

MTM ammo crate

PSA 10.5" pistol build kit.

100 rds of magtec 308 with Sierra hpbt @$0.80 per round. Its more expensive than the stuff I have stockpiled (MEN rebrand @ $0.59) but I like how it groups way more. The price you pay.

MTM ammo crate

PSA 10.5" pistol build kit.
I used a heavier buffer with my PSA 5.56 10.5" Pistol, I have a 9 MM 10.5 PSA too, yet to shoot it.

Picked up a NIB KRG Bravo chassis (w/extras) from a member here in the classifieds.
I'm all giddy :p

Edit
And last night I finally caved. I spent $62/ea and (choked) bought two Acurate-Mags in .223.
The rifle's done and ready for some pointers.

Last Edited:
That Ford, if it makes sense, fix that beauty up to live on. The dang things are built like a tank.
Ride it some more, if the body is up to snuff.

Been there, done that, the wiring fun when electronics are in the loop. It can get costly, fast.

Filled some gaps in my SHTF equipment. Built some trauma packs for plate holders. Didn't have tourniquets so ordered some RATs and Hemostatic gauze.
It only makes sense that if I'm grabbing a plate carrier, getting shot is a possibility and requires a couple steps up from IFAKs have now or access to my supplies neatly stored. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top