JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought just in case a mag law comes through. Reallly cut it close with the check on this one:oops:

CDE9FD8F-4F40-4E85-821F-ACC7A477BA6E.jpeg 16A9CAC8-9258-4FF9-B2A8-0E3E1074BAD7.jpeg
Worth it:D

Ordered a VG6 Epsilon 65 brake for the grendel and 2x accu-shot precision rail monopods. 1 for the .308 and 1 for the 6.5 grendel.

I did some shooting yesterday with the grendel using the match grade ammo and got the scope sighted in at 100yds and pulled off a 3/4" 3rnd group at 100yds with gusty wind and no bag or monopod to stabilize my shaky hands with. So I want to see if I can tighten up that group with some stability assistance from a monopod and a tighter muzzle brake (currently has a 7.62 gamma brake on there that's meant for a .308)

Last Edited:
Ordered a VG6 Epsilon 65 brake for the grendel and 2x accu-shot precision rail monopods. 1 for the .308 and 1 for the 6.5 grendel.

I did some shooting yesterday with the grendel using the match grade ammo and got the scope sighted in at 100yds and pulled off a 3/4" rd group at 100yds with gusty wind and no bag or monopod to stabilize my shaky hands with. So I want to see if I can tighten up that group with some stability assistance from a monopod and a tighter muzzle brake (currently has a 7.62 gamma brake on there that's meant for a .308)

Have you ever shot with a monopod? I am by no means saying you made a mistake buying them because they are a really cool little bit of kit. However, I don't use mine very much. Using a bipod and a monopod seems to be too rigid for my liking. Still transmits a lot of wiggle. I much prefer a rear sand bag. Again, not knocking your purchase but I guess I will be curious to see how you like them. :)

No pics at the moment but have decided to get rid of the rest of any $ that I had! (Thanks Saffir!). Had a single stage reloader, bought a Frankford Arsenal wt tumbler et al, a primer extractor and a primer loader, and more. Should have gotten a girlfriend instead!!

Have you ever shot with a monopod? I am by no means saying you made a mistake buying them because they are a really cool little bit of kit. However, I don't use mine very much. Using a bipod and a monopod seems to be too rigid for my liking. Still transmits a lot of wiggle. I much prefer a rear sand bag. Again, not knocking your purchase but I guess I will be curious to see how you like them. :)

Nope. Never shot off a bag or a monopod. But my stocks have mount points for them, so figured I'd give it a try...

I've always just stuck my left fist under the grip, or a magazine with my hand on it under the grip to help steady the rifle on target.

I didn't have enough time to switch out targets after sight in to make a group, so I just crossed out the sight in shots. My hands are not very steady and it was a bit of a gusty day. So I definitely feel I can improve this group a lot on a calmer day with either less jittery hands, or at least something to stabilize the rifle a bit better...I didn't even realize till I got home and checked with a ruler that I pulled off sub-MOA LOL.

2 of the shots I crossed off were touching/overlapping a bit, but I was still adjusting the scope at that point bringing it to center of target. To the outside of the white showing on the holes is .75" (splattering target) if you measure the actual holes themselves it is closer to .6" top to bottom and less than .5" left to right for that grouping. I think I can get them all touching with this ammo and this rifle. We'll see the next time I take it out to the range with the Luth-AR stock on it and the monopod + tighter brake. :D
20190505_135834.jpg

Picked up the NIB stainless Ruger Old Army .44 this morning. The box is pretty beat, but it came with the manual & factory nipple wrench, some wads, a nipple pick and a set of spare nipples.
I ordered powder, wads, shot, etc. and will soon introduce it to the Holy Black to use it for its intended purpose.

20190510_094723.jpg 20190510_094746.jpg 20190510_094833.jpg

Plenty...

But enough???:s0153:
Pocket 380's I have a dozen, yet not a dozen pocket's so I have plenty for the pocket's I have. I have a 9 MM for the range and that is one too many for me, I have a LC9S Pro for pocket carry or a Taurus PT111 G2 and a G2C as a spare in case that Taurus breaks as everyone seems to claim. I even have more nines and one is more than plenty ask those nine MM fans. So I have plenty of those. Forties? I like those. The wife claims I have plenty, so reluctantly I guess I have plenty. Tens? I have five that I already don't shoot much, I'll say plenty. 45's, two 1911's and then others. Enough. I have other calibers too, but how many 30 M1 Carbine Caliber handguns are there, one works for me.
I'm going to say I have plenty. ….. and enough …… for now.;)

This little fella hitched a ride yesterday.
View attachment 578806
I own the "Lite" version, (XSP when I bought it) and it has been a favorite of my pocket 380's, but I would prefer the metal frame over my polymer. Shot mine a few days ago using my Springfield 7 & 6 round magazines, they worked fine and if I had Sig 238 mags, I would expect them to work. but have not tried any.

I had a blued Mustang back in the day and it was very accurate for a mousegun.

Or a Doctors Gun, you know, eyes, nose, ears & throat. ;)

Enjoy that puppy.

I picked up some "stout" 380 ammo, two years ago, in anticipation I would buy a 380 eventually.
I have found Underwood with XTP's to be universally accepted, to load, fire, eject properly in all 12 that I own. FMJ I have had the best overall luck with PMC, the stoutest for me FMJ wise has been Fiocchi (my CW-380 hates it), my Mustang loves it. You just have to try different brands in some guns. Underwood makes a +P, and that works in everything too.
Since it is a Mustang I would expect any ammo to work, but sometimes life surprises you.

This little guy followed me home last week... Brings back fond memories of the blued Colt Mustang Pocket Lite I once owned...

View attachment 578819
I shot my 911 (Slightly different model) last week 72 rounds using four brands of ammo. Locked back each and every time. I emailed Springfield, they emailed me back but I did not see that message in time for them to get my response back to them in time. Monday I guess, really like the gun other than that,

I shot my 911 (Slightly different model) last week 72 rounds using four brands of ammo. Locked back each and every time. I emailed Springfield, they emailed me back but I did not see that message in time for them to get my response back to them in time. Monday I guess, really like the gun other than that,
Hmmmm... Interesting, sounds like a slide lock spring issue... Haven't gotten out with mine, hoping it runs as smooth as my Kimber Micro 9mm. Appreciate the heads up, something I'll certaily watch for...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top