JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Butler Creek Scope Caps.

I cannot think of a single accessory manufacture that is spread accross my collection, more than Butler Creek is.

Who (for the same money) makes more and better Flip Up Scope Caps than Butler Creek?

Vortex Defender scope caps are a little more money but will worth it. I stopped buying Butler Creek years ago after getting tired of them breaking when you looked at them wrong. ;)

Vortex Defender scope caps are a little more money but will worth it. I stopped buying Butler Creek years ago after getting tired of them breaking when you looked at them wrong. ;)

Didn't you get this disclaimer in the package when you bought them??

don%2527t%2Btouch%2Bit.jpg

Today I ordered some AK furniture. A Tapco side folder and magpul hand guard.

BTW for anyone who is considering using the Wheeler Ceramecoat at home cerakote type stuff, don't waste your money. Used it on my AK build and went and shot the rifle and the finish was bubbling and starting to flake. Spray paint is in my future;)

Good info on the Wheeler ceracoat!

My M-1A has a stainless barrel and I keep a can of hi-temp BBQ spray paint in case bright metal showing becomes a bad idea.

Olight PL-1 II weaponlight ordered, expected to ship Friday. 450 lumens of eyeball-zapping goodness at my right thumbtip...

Left to buy for this build:
--LAW Tactical sidefolder
--Lasermax Uni-Max rifle kit
--Mossie Mount
--DI Optical FC1 prism-sight
--possible brace replacement consisting of SB Tactical SBM4 brace, SB-MAG20 mag carrier and two SB-Sacs configured as saddlebags

And a new top plate for my jig. I'd really LIKE a better grade of EPL under it, but those bum-sucking arsepirates in Olympia may not give me time for that...

Acquired some IronMonster items a few weeks ago. Finally bought some pipe and put it all together.
View attachment 403810
What material tubing did you use on the frame? Got me some of that Ironmonster steel the other day along with the leg kit, and I was just at the hardware store on a errand for the wife and browsed a bit at my options. wonder what a good compromise of weight and strength would be.

Last Edited:
I just got 2 10' sticks of 1" black pipe. Had them cut it at Home Depot into 4' pieces (so it would fit in the trunk) then welded the 2' scraps together for the top cross bar. I bent the hangers out of some 3/8" coldroll I had in the corner.
I took it to the range this morning to try it out and get a chance to exercise a 336W along with dialing in a flip-up rear sight on an AR build. Black pipe doesn't like 30-30 even at 80 yards:D. IM targets didnt seem to mind though. I don't ever want to get shot with 30-30.
View attachment 403858
View attachment 403860

Last Edited:
They look new. Where did you find them?

Palmetto State Armory, $5.46 per. Shipped.

They're bolt hold open, not that much of a fan of BHO, but at the price point can't be beat.

Looks like they're gone now, but stuff at Palmetto usually comes back around frequently.

Test fit 1 in a Norinco & it's perfect. I fully expect to have to modify a few of these, but again no prob at the price.

Packed in single plastic with hang tab hole, like you could do retail.

In a light non foul smelling oil.

If you look at a regular AK mag and you're good with welding, you could probably weld a little tab to get rid of the BHO feature.

They're cheap, so why not try on a few mags anyways?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top