JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More AR goodies! The Magpul MS4 sling,IWC QD end plate, Rise Armament trigger, and KNS anti rotation pins I got on sale at Primary Arms 4th of July sale. The Tacksport QD scope mount, bore snakes, and Aim Assist throw lever I picked up on Amazon.

Geno
View attachment 377029

Nice!

Geno, you might think on having some stock up items shipped up here for your visit home next month.

Great time to stock up on ammo in particular, a whole bunch of online specials, if you can't have them shipped into your resident county down there.

Nice!

Geno, you might think on having some stock up items shipped up here for your visit home next month.

Great time to stock up on ammo in particular, a whole bunch of online specials, if you can't have them shipped into your resident county down there.

I have about 5 months to stock up on ammo- on 1/1/18, California is requiring ammo buyers to register to buy ammo, just like buying a firearm. And it will no longer allow ammo to be shipped from other states. I will be buying ammo online and when I visit Oregon, as well as reloading supplies and a bullet press in the next few months too. I figure between that, and my 2-3 trips a year up to Oregon, I should have enough ammo.

Geno

Just ordered 500 rounds of .223/5.56 55 GR. Reman FMJ for $133.00 shipped, from AGB ARMS. Heard they have great customer service, and reviews looked pretty good. Figured why not try them out! Anything over $129 ships for free BTW

Just picked up the first electronic ear muffs for the indoor range. Howard Leight Pros. Wife said the non electronic ones were not enough protection for our indoor range. She's a nurse and she would know. We will try them out today.

RUGER LCP II
on the 13th I got a spankin new RUGER M77 HAWKEYE Stainless 338 winmag
While it is not normally 'fun' to shoot a 380 Pocket Pistol the LCP II's and the Kahr's accuracy make it satisfying at least so I'm sure you will like the trigger on your LCP II.

Odd but the fact that you got a new Ruger Hawkeye inn 338 Win Mag did not show in the original post from you on my computer, but did show in the reply quote.... Congratulations to you, condolences to your shoulder.

Oh It's getting a 4 port brake installed on it ,I dropped it off yesterday has not even been fondled yet that brake will make it enjoyable to shoot
I'm way to old to need shoulder surgery

Just picked up the first electronic ear muffs for the indoor range. Howard Leight Pros. Wife said the non electronic ones were not enough protection for our indoor range. She's a nurse and she would know. We will try them out today.

Nice! You might think on starting out with double protection, ear plugs & those muffs. Even though it doesn't "double" the protection, it'll both add a few extra DB's, and may protect from some wavelengths.

The pros are better protection than the less expensive ones we run, so you'll likely be GTG without though.

IMG_0941.JPG
My M & P 15-22 came back with its integrated bbl yeasterday. Went to see it, pay up and do the stamp thing. Oh yeah. Took some Ammo and got to shoot it on their range! Made more noise hitting the backstop!! Now come THE WAIT!!

I freaking love mine. It's nice to be able to hear everything going on around you, and also be protected. They work great.

<broken link removed>

Bought 2 SCCY CPX-2 9mm pistols for bug out bag guns. They are on sale for only $169,99 with free shipping. Gun comes with 2 mags. These are usually around 250 each so quite a savings.

Nope, SCCY is 100% American made. Nice little pistols. Lifetime warranty too.

I was interested to read a couple reviews on them, and they seem well received! They had me at "aluminum frame." I like an aluminum frame alla Beretta 92. That's a great purchase, SHPD!

For those members that are near a BiMart, the 5.56x45 55 grain Federal ammo is still $5.99 a box. And for those like me that bought a bunch several days ago, Federal just came out with a rebate that started on the 15th. It is $1.00 a box, which makes it $4.99 a box - 25 cents a round. I went and purchased another 1000 rounds. Wish that I had known several days ago, but oh well. The max rebate is $200 and it includes most of Federal's .223 and 5.56 ammo. Stock up now!

For those members that are near a BiMart, the 5.56x45 55 grain Federal ammo is still $5.99 a box. And for those like me that bought a bunch several days ago, Federal just came out with a rebate that started on the 15th. It is $1.00 a box, which makes it $4.99 a box - 25 cents a round. I went and purchased another 1000 rounds. Wish that I had known several days ago, but oh well. The max rebate is $200 and it includes most of Federal's .223 and 5.56 ammo. Stock up now!
That makes the net purchase $200 !! Any idea how long that sale lasts in Scappoose?

Nice! You might think on starting out with double protection, ear plugs & those muffs. Even though it doesn't "double" the protection, it'll both add a few extra DB's, and may protect from some wavelengths.

The pros are better protection than the less expensive ones we run, so you'll likely be GTG without though.

The wife and I have tried that approach. She has exceptional hearing and the doubling up was a non-starter for her. Range work still caused her auditory discomfort even with that set up. Went to the range today with our new Howard Leight Pros and it was perfect. She did not flinch every time another shooter shot. We could converse between mags and compare targets. All in all it was a good day at our range. We both shot well too. That is always a bonus.

That makes the net purchase $200 !! Any idea how long that sale lasts in Scappoose?
The sale lasts until next Wednesday and they had a huge shelf full on Saturday - 10s of thousands. The 50 boxes that I got didn't even put a dent in it. The actual net is $250 for 1000 rounds. Of course Federal wants the UPC code off of every box and it is located on the back in the middle instead of on an end. Going to be a pain. Still thinking about getting more even though my earlier thread said that I didn't need any more 55 grain when I bought 400 rounds at $5.99 (no rebate). So now I have 1400 rounds and my ammo shelves are stressing.

That's a good deal on the ammo, though if you look, several places are doing various deals for 30c/round shipped if you buy 1000. Can be a mix of .223 or 5.56 though.

Bought another 6 boxes of PPU .303 British today :)

862348.jpg

That's a good deal on the ammo, though if you look, several places are doing various deals for 30c/round shipped if you buy 1000. Can be a mix of .223 or 5.56 though.

Bought another 6 boxes of PPU .303 British today :)

View attachment 377201
I follow ammo prices and have never seen Federal XM193 for 25 cents a round. I have seen other brands for less than 30 cents, but they were off brands that I have not had any experience with. When in doubt, I stick with Federal or Winchester for 5.56x45. PPU is another brand that I have had good luck with. I also have a (beat-up) .303 British Enfield - my first hunting rifle.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews