JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I follow ammo prices and have never seen Federal XM193 for 25 cents a round. I have seen other brands for less than 30 cents, but they were off brands that I have not had any experience with. When in doubt, I stick with Federal or Winchester for 5.56x45. PPU is another brand that I have had good luck with. I also have a (beat-up) .303 British Enfield - my first hunting rifle.
Off brands such as?

After quite a bit of searching, I found, and bought, a stainless Interarms Walther PPK/S in .380 ACP (9mm Kurz) on GB. It looks to be in great shape and it includes the original box, extra magazine, etc.

I plan on replacing the black grips with some nice wood ones after it arrives. I've read about Wolff spring kits for these, but I need to do more homework before bothering with them.

Last Edited:
Jumped on the sale that Natchez advertised for 1000 rounds of 223 or 5.56 for $299.99 plus free shipping, plus the rebate!!!

327194-e4ee5121651012040c81227c755c2ca6.jpg

Picked up a case as well.

Ordered a bunch of stuff for the STG-58 coming in... Handguard, bipod, stock, flash hider, and pistol grip.

Since it was modified and not coming with that stuff. Not sure about how I'm going to break the weld on the muzzle brake to put the flash hider on... But either way excited. It'll be a heavy pig (9-10 pounds before I put a hensoldt on there).

Picked up my XDS 40 yesterday and today I got my Powder River parts for it. I also ordered the Gear Up promotion which will get me a 9MM magazine carrier (Springfield's 40 mags fit) a XDS paddle holster, two regular 6 round and two extended 7 round magazines, the extension sleeves too.. I need to get it out and shoot it some to make sure it's working fine before I mess with the parts.

Picked up my XDS 40 yesterday and today I got my Powder River parts for it. I also ordered the Gear Up promotion which will get me a 9MM magazine carrier (Springfield's 40 mags fit) a XDS paddle holster, two regular 6 round and two extended 7 round magazines, the extension sleeves too.. I need to get it out and shoot it some to make sure it's working fine before I mess with the parts.
Post what you think about the Powder River parts. I'm guessing you got the trigger and springs..?? I love the trigger on my 3.3 .45, no complaints, but curious about the trigger upgrade from Powder River.

Ordered some wood grips from Hogue* for the PPK/S that should be here in a day or two. Then ordered a set of less good, a trifle wacky, grips, just because. And an additional magazine, because, well magazines are good.

* These.
728820071.800x800.jpg

Last Edited:
Ordered some wood grips from Hogue* for the PPK/S that should be here in a day or two. Then ordered a set of less good, a trifle wacky, grips, just because. And an additional magazine, because, well magazines are good.

* These.
View attachment 377809
Those are nicer looking than the wooden grips that came with my W German PPK/S. I use Pachmayr grips for CC. They are a little larger, but gives me a better grip surface. Be careful buying Pachmayr grips for yours, I have heard that the newer ones are a pain to install. Let me know how those work out for you. Walther or Mec-Gar magazine?

RUGER LCP II
on the 13th I got a spankin new RUGER M77 HAWKEYE Stainless 338 winmag

Now that i've had my LCP II for a while I am liking it more and more. First time out it was not much fun. Trying to run a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it was reliable, which it was. Problem was after a box or so it's not much fun. After a few boxes it had me flinching. Now when I take it along to the range it's just a couple mag fulls and it's a blast. The damn trigger is SOOOO much nicer than the KT .380 it replaced.

Post what you think about the Powder River parts. I'm guessing you got the trigger and springs..?? I love the trigger on my 3.3 .45, no complaints, but curious about the trigger upgrade from Powder River.
Okay I will, Springer Precision, in Bend, did 'Combat Action' jobs on both my 9 and 45 XDS several years ago (After the big recall) and I was happy with that. I have ordered a third party, extended slide release lever from Springer last night. PRP does not offer many, if any, third party parts, I have PRP triggers in three Mod 2 and pretty happy, I did have to fit the sear in two of them. I also put their sear in my XDM with no fitting (It has a wonderful Springer trigger) PRP is geared to the do-it-yourselfer of send it in and they will do it. PRP offers a more complete parts kit solutions. Both are a little shy on the Instructions. Springer had been geared to the Competition market and are now seeing a better market with the day to day crowd so they are trying to expand. (My order will come from Redmond, Oregon. not Bend)
Anyway it might be week or two before I get to shoot my XDS 40 in it's factory clothing and I have to do that and ensure it works correctly, because they will confiscate and discard any non-factory parts if it needs to go back (All companies do this)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top