JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, no, no….. gotta get all slippery, get eye to eye… see what's going on in there.

o_O
I've met enough psychopaths and defense attorneys, trying to see what's going on there is a waste of time.
Years ago, I used to think that compassion was useful in these cases. Now I just imagine firing up the wood chipper.

What you see when you look deeper into their psyche, imagine a Hieronymus Bosch painting coming to life, with each rat or demon having the face of the person under scrutiny.

Might as well look at burning scrambled eggs.

I've met enough psychopaths and defense attorneys, trying to see what's going on there is a waste of time.
Years ago, I used to think that compassion was useful in these cases. Now I just imagine firing up the wood chipper.

What you see when you look deeper into their psyche, imagine a Hieronymus Bosch painting coming to life, with each rat or demon having the face of the person under scrutiny.

Might as well look at burning scrambled eggs.
No, no, no…. when I say, "look them in the eye", I mean you're holding their eye in your hand up close to your eye…. that's what the sharpened rusty tablespoon is for!

siiigh… only @Certaindeaf even remotely gets me these days.

:s0064:

Be intersting to see how they caught this guy. If they got him dead to rights, it would be nice to see the authorities "accidentally" lose custody of Muse, in the immediate vacinity of the remaining Hawk family and friends. Chair or injection way too easy.

Some years ago I was a volunteer RSO at one of the ranges where I am a member. Some of the other RSO's carried a loaded sidearm while on duty. Out of choice, I did not. The thinking of those who carried on duty was to guard against crooks who might hold up a gun range with the simple knowledge it was a place they could get guns. I figured when I was on duty, there were other shooters already on the range with loaded guns who might provide the same deterrent effect. But there is no denying that a gun range might make a juicy target for crooks who want a source for guns.

One lesson from this sad story is that having a video surveillance system that is contained on-site is vulnerable. Some sort of off-site backup that is protected (can't be wiped or overwritten from the monitored site) is necessary for the system to be of use in a case like this.

My take is that the killers were at least semi-professional. They probably cased the store prior to the attack and knew that there was a system and probably where it was located. They probably intended to kill everyone in the store, and timed the attack for the end of the workday so it would take a while before someone came around to check. If it turns out that the "open" sign was turned off and visual cues to the store being closed were put in place, that would confirm this.

With this increase in crime expanding nationwide, expect small businesses to be targeted. They have the fewest resources for security, and often not technology-savvy. We are slipping back into third-world status when it comes to gang-related crime, and part of that is the open arms our government is giving to criminal emigrants.

If I ran a small gun store, this would make me completely review my security plan. Training, equipment, operations, and policies. I would be getting some training about "profiling" in the hope of spotting anyone casing my store. Identifying the potential attackers would be one way of getting the jump on them.

Perhaps we should have a separate thread on security in our troubled times.
Biden and his pals love and welcome more gun crimes as grist in their anti-private ownership of firearms crusade. He has been a patsy of the anti-firearms rights gang from the git-go the last 50 years. The more violent gangs, the better they like it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top