JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Be careful out there today (Sept 5th):

I went by a small pro-Trump sidewalk demonstration today, I think it was in Tenino (WA). Gave em a wave and a little toot from the air horn. They looked happy and were all smiling... must been thinking about their white privilege and how they were going to oppress some gays later on. I mean, it IS the weekend after all... in Tenino.
This would make a good movie, building on the Falling Down type of story.
Even at a young age I noticed how they cocked-up that story and HAD to make him a psychopath. Nobody in their right mind would ever consider pushing back, right? Must be some kind of crazy man because no normal person would take issue with being treated poorly... let's make him nuts.
Coulda been a great movie but probably would've spawned copy-cats if they'd made Michael Douglas' character into a Death Wish style badass.

I went by a small pro-Trump sidewalk demonstration today, I think it was in Tenino (WA). Gave em a wave and a little toot from the air horn. They looked happy and were all smiling... must been thinking about their white privilege and how they were going to oppress some gays later on. I mean, it IS the weekend after all... in Tenino.
Even at a young age I noticed how they cocked-up that story and HAD to make him a psychopath. Nobody in their right mind would ever consider pushing back, right? Must be some kind of crazy man because no normal person would take issue with being treated poorly... let's make him nuts.
Coulda been a great movie but probably would've spawned copy-cats if they'd made Michael Douglas' character into a Death Wish style badass.
I think the sleeping masses have been waking up since the days of 9/11 and the 'Let's Roll' patriots on board Flight 93. You're seeing it in the news all the time, average folks stepping in and taking action where in the past they wouldn't have.

I was wondering if it was time to post shotgun-wielding guards in the corners of buildings like this in times like these, on behalf of the patrons. I almost think they'd be a welcome sight in today's world when living in riot-prone areas. Folks like members of Oath Keepers would probably volunteer if only asked by those trying to keep their businesses alive and their patrons safe.

Has it really come to this? Maybe so. Clearly a canary-in-the-coalmine moment reflecting the state of America today.

I have a broader question for the group.

If you were sitting in a restaurant and suddenly someone nearby, in an obvious reaction to this mob invasion, started gunning the mob down, would you feel you needed to protect the mob by gunning down this gunman, thus defending the mob, perhaps as you would someone gunning down innocents in a shopping mall?

Assume you have an easy target and your skills met the challenge.

Your response to this scenario, something which may indeed happen while you're enjoying a meal with your friends or family?
If I don't clearly know good guy vs bad guy, me and mine are rabbiting, and if I have any friends or friendly acquaintances working them I encourage them to unass the area with us.

Calmly, quietly walk out the back door (paying for your food if possible, on the way). Don't engage with rioters, but don't submit either:

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."
-- Mark Twain

I have a broader question for the group.

If you were sitting in a restaurant and suddenly someone nearby, in an obvious reaction to this mob invasion, started gunning the mob down, would you feel you needed to protect the mob by gunning down this gunman, thus defending the mob, perhaps as you would someone gunning down innocents in a shopping mall?

Assume you have an easy target and your skills met the challenge.

Your response to this scenario, something which may indeed happen while you're enjoying a meal with your friends or family?
Most likely, no. I'm not a cop. My obligation is to defend the lives of myself and those I love, not be some kind of crime fighter.

At 58, I'm long past the need or desire to be a protector of strangers, nor do I have the necessary training.

If you see yourself as a sheepdog, more power to you. I admire those that do, but I know myself well enough to realize that's not my role.

1599348688530.png

These events keep opening my eyes and I seem to continue to add to my EDC.
I have bear spray I carry for hiking and exploring the woods. As of today it's in the car.
I also need to add keychain pepper spray. Getting too old and the threat numbers too large to throw hands. Need an option between knife->gun->PDW that's non lethal.
I think I would have sprayed the hell out of everyone of those that ran up on me at the gas pump. The gentleman was very calm and secure with himself. Glad nothing happened to him.

@Free_Patriot Nope, unless they fly my way, can't say anyone defending themselves is wrong.

If a gentleman quotes you and takes the time to italicize certain words, it's reasonable to infer that his following thoughts apply to you, and not some general musings on state government.

Your free to search posts looking for something to take personally, and get offended over all you want. It's free country, mostly, somewhat, for now. :s0155:

That said re my prior post, if it's MY usual diner with waitresses who have been known to me personally for my entire adult life and you place me in fear for their lives... well, at that point choose your next action very carefully.

Well, because pepper spray, bear spray, carry knife and sidearm might need something else to assist with getting the crowds attention, this wonderful, authentic Irish Blackthorn Shillelagh Walking stick in en route. Good for knocking 'em in the ole coconut...

My eldest daughter, a ripe ole 22 years of age, is now referring to me as Rafiki, as in the Lion King character...

F7E290D7-3770-4934-8028-B7EE2A459A0F.jpeg F323DCF4-5ECD-48A2-8AE7-D0ED68DC6AB4.jpeg 7CF9749B-4B95-4040-99F4-0C73CDE35AF4.jpeg

I would avoid third party encounters altogether. If the mob was legally found to be the initial aggressor, intervening would be a crime.

That part that is missing is that the resturanter had invited the antifa in earlier "if you need anything, water, restrooms, whatever, just let us know".

Guess kowtowing didn't pay off.

Last Edited:
That part that is missing is that the resturanter had invited the antifa in earlier "if you need anything, water, restrooms, whatever, just let us know".

Guess kowtowing didn't pay off.
There you go expecting rational behavior from these folks. :rolleyes: They are taught to reject out of hand anything you say without thinking about it. They actually teach them that someone trying to reason with them is dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top