JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently, I'm not the only one to think about using skunk scent in this way.

00C45E41-4A76-4960-9798-D1047CBA8496.jpeg

While researching "worst smells in the world", I came across this article.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thioacetone

Excerpts from the article:

"Thioacetone has an intensely foul odor. Like many low molecular weight organosulfur compounds, the smell is potent and can be detected even when highly diluted.[7] In 1889, an attempt to distill the chemical in the German city of Freiburgwas followed by cases of vomiting, nausea and unconsciousness in an area with a radius of 0.75 kilometres (0.47 mi) around the laboratory due to the smell."

"Recently we found ourselves with an odour problem beyond our worst expectations. During early experiments, a stopper jumped from a bottle of residues, and, although replaced at once, resulted in an immediate complaint of nausea and sickness from colleagues working in a building two hundred yards [180 m] away. Two of our chemists who had done no more than investigate the cracking of minute amounts of trithioacetone found themselves the object of hostile stares in a restaurant and suffered the humiliation of having a waitress spray the area around them with a deodorant. The odours defied the expected effects of dilution since workers in the laboratory did not find the odours intolerable ... and genuinely denied responsibility since they were working in closed systems. To convince them otherwise, they were dispersed with other observers around the laboratory, at distances up to a quarter of a mile [0.40 km], and one drop of either acetone gem-dithiol or the mother liquors from crude trithioacetone crystallisations were placed on a watch glass in a fume cupboard. The odour was detected downwind in seconds.[7]"

(This stuff seems too intense. It might repel the malcontents, but it would probably affect everyone in the restaurant. In fact, the skunk smell might be too strong for that setting. Pepperballs might turn out to be the best non-lethal tool that's readily available.)

Problem is, unless you own the site under siege you need something discreet, and I can't imagine a launcher discreet enough to fit in say a pocket or purse but with enough effective reach to keep you outside your own area-of-effect.

I want to know why on earth would "Fishermen" need skunk smell? o_O

Heck I'd use that stuff in the shrubs in my front yard. If I had shrubs in my front yard. Warn my one "Neighbor" about it so she could not walk near it. I wouldn't mind stinking out most the people that live around me. They've turned into a bunch of rude, unfriendly snobs/slobs over the last 10 years.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews