JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Words mean things. I see where you're coming from, I did until I read THIS part again:

The way I see it, it goes toward the city leaders, and people to a point, that sat there and let this mess get to this point.

If a gentleman quotes you and takes the time to italicize certain words, it's reasonable to infer that his following thoughts apply to you, and not some general musings on state government.

But this happened in New York State. Does anyone have a CCW besides law enforcement?

self defense weapons are not limited to firearms.

Hey man....#BLM. They're "Peaceful Protesters" with an important message for America! They have demands.....

Rrrright.....read their demands and you decide......if it's worth supporting their brand of politics.

BLM Policy.

The six platform demands are:

1. End the war on black people.

2. Reparations for past and continuing harms.

3. Divestment from the institutions that criminalize, cage and harm black people; and investment in the education, health and safety of black people.

4. Economic justice for all and a reconstruction of the economy to ensure our communities have collective ownership, not merely access.

5. Community control of the laws, institutions and policies that most impact us.

6. Independent black political power and black self-determination in all areas of society.

To achieve those demands the group offered a set of solutions that include the demilitarization of police and an end to systemic attacks on black youth, including black members of the LGBTQ community. They call for the passing of state and federal laws that acknowledge and address the impacts of slavery and the passage of H.R. 40 to form a commission to study reparations proposals. Another of the recommendations calls for the "retroactive decriminalization and immediate release of all people convicted of drug offenses, sex work-related offenses and youth offenses."

Taken from: Black Lives Matter Releases Policy Agenda

Get use to it. It's ALL or nothing. Cough, cough....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
What are the four rules of posting?

Treat all mice as if they're loaded.
Never mouse over a thread you aren't intending to post in.
Keep your finger off the mouse button till you're ready to post.
Be sure of your thread when click.

:D

EDIT: please don't delete it -- the topical whiplash is hilarious.
It was late and I was sleeeeepy:oops:

Regarding leveling the attackers with one's multi-round protective device, allow me to follow up on my previous post.

We are discussing here the response of a rational group of 2A supporters, most of whom have trained and prepared for a variety of scenarios, with presentation and trigger discipline among them.

But let's think about the man or women who's simply had enough. They see this as a symptom of the wider illness and are FED UP with these Marxist anarchists. They have NO IDEA what this crowd may do at a particular moment, they breaking every societal norm by crashing peaceful restaurant diners with violent force. People have no way of knowing what's next, based on such abhorrent behavior.

Now add the fact that someone's son or daughter may have just taken their own life, be dying of cancer, or their own businesses may have just been burnt to the ground in a previous week's rioting. Perhaps a loved one had just been brutalized by a similar mob, dragged out of their car or beaten, or any other number of scenarios.

They may be a first-time gun owner acting out of absolute terror.

My point is that EVERY TYPE of human being may be sitting at those tables, fully locked and loaded DESPITE prohibitive laws that dictate they be unarmed. Perhaps they're stage 4 terminal with months to live. We can't know. Someone in any number of circumstances will probably unload on one of these mobs at some point in time, and then another, and another, and another.

Are these ANTIFA/BLM mobs ready to die for their beliefs and actions? You can believe that a lot of freedom loving 'average citizens' are now at the point where THEY are. Many see it as their duty, as an unwilling participant in a war they didn't start but see it as a duty to fight, regardless of consequence.

What do you think the response of 'average Americans' will be if they see this happen on the nightly news? Whether they verbalize it or not, many will see it as an innocent victim who feared for his or her safety who gave the mob EXACTLY WHAT IT DESERVED. This is not an isolated incident, it's yet one more piece in a massive puzzle of anarchy that's been playing out nationwide for a number of months now. God-fearing law-abiding American citizens want to see some JUSTICE.

One can equate it to the cowards who go into gun free zones to slaughter unarmed victims. Once those victims are armed, and skillfully fight back, such as teachers or similar, the tables change. Flash mobs at dining establishments will rethink their strategies once a few of their members are feeding maggots six feet under.

Some people just won't give a damn about legal repercussions as a result of leveling a crowd. The consequences won't be a factor. They see this as a war and inject themselves as soldiers in a moment's notice, whether it be out of duty, fear, anger, revenge, or any number of probable motivations.

This is a breakdown of civil society. Not to be taken lightly. The broader picture will be that of people wondering why no one else is doing anything while a mob surrounds a woman and rapes her on a public street. This is the rape of established societal norms and these restaurant goers are unwilling participants. Someone soon will likely step up to do their part to nip this type of behavior in the bud, regardless of personal sacrifice in doing so.

Last Edited:
Regarding leveling the attackers with one's multi-round protective device, allow me to follow up on my previous post.

We are discussing here the response of a rational group of 2A supporters, most of whom have trained and prepared for a variety of scenarios, with presentation and trigger discipline among them.

But let's think about the man or women who's simply had enough. They see this as a symptom of the wider illness and are FED UP with these Marxist anarchists. They have NO IDEA what this crowd may do at a particular moment, they breaking every societal norm by crashing peaceful restaurant diners with violent force. People have no way of knowing what's next, based on such abhorrent behavior.

Now add the fact that someone's son or daughter may have just taken their own life, be dying of cancer, or their own businesses may have just been burnt to the ground in a previous week's rioting. Perhaps a loved one had just been brutalized by a similar mob, dragged out of their car or beaten, or any other number of scenarios.

They may be a first-time gun owner acting out of absolute terror.

My point is that EVERY TYPE of human being may be sitting at those tables, fully locked and loaded DESPITE prohibitive laws that dictate they be unarmed. Perhaps they're stage 4 terminal with months to live. We can't know. Someone in any number of circumstances will probably unload on one of these mobs at some point in time, and then another, and another, and another.

Are these ANTIFA/BLM mobs ready to die for their beliefs and actions? You can believe that a lot of freedom loving 'average citizens' are now at the point where THEY are. Many see it as their duty, as an unwilling participant in a war they didn't start but see it as a duty to fight, regardless of consequence.

What do you think the response of 'average Americans' will be if they see this happen on the nightly news? Whether they verbalize it or not, many will see it as an innocent victim who feared for his or her safety who gave the mob EXACTLY WHAT IT DESERVED. This is not an isolated incident, it's yet one more piece in a massive puzzle of anarchy that's been playing out nationwide for a number of months now. God-fearing law-abiding American citizens want to see some JUSTICE.

One can equate it to the cowards who go into gun free zones to slaughter unarmed victims. Once those victims are armed, and skillfully fight back, such as teachers or similar, the tables change. Flash mobs at dining establishments will rethink their strategies once a few of their members are feeding maggots six feet under.

Some people just won't give a damn about legal repercussions as a result of leveling a crowd. The consequences won't be a factor. They see this as a war and inject themselves as soldiers in a moment's notice, whether it be out of duty, fear, anger, revenge, or any number of probably motivations.
This would make a good movie, building on the Falling Down type of story.

Well, the madness seems to be intensifying.

I've never even considered getting caught up in such a thing as that.

This is not the country I grew up in. Now, instead of simply having a pleasant evening in a restaurant, we have to start considering how we'll respond to a mob.

Agreed, completely. Society seems to be gripped by paroxysms of hate, extremism, and irrationality. It was not always so. :(

Maybe we'll get a Trump win and finally national reciprocity.

Nothing pro-2A was passed during his first term, including when the GOP held the House, Senate, and Presidency. Candidly, I'm skeptical anything meaningful will be passed in a second term, including national reciprocity.

R

Are these ANTIFA/BLM mobs ready to die for their beliefs and actions?

My answer is no. I keep hearing the media say the riots in Kenosha were squashed after the National Guard was sent in. I think two of those fools taking a dirt nap and one being maimed for life by a 17-year-old armed with a rifle and being willing to use it made them rethink their choices. There's one thing even these idiots understand, and that is swift and violent action.

Last Edited:
My answer is no. I keep hearing the media say the riots in Kenosha were squashed after the National Guard was sent in. I think two of those fools taking a dirt nap and one being maimed for life by a 17-year-old armed with a rifle and being willing to use it made them rethink their choices. There's one thing even these idiots understand, and that is swift and violent action.
If I recall correctly, the night following the Kenosha Kid's defensive actions was peaceful and that was BEFORE the National Guard was sent in (the following night). I'd have to look back at the details but that's how I recall it unfolding.

f I recall correctly, the night following the Kenosha Kid's defensive actions was peaceful
Heck it was peaceful that night before the shot rioters were scraped up.

Did anyone see the vid from the overhead cam pointing down at the second shooting scene?

Before the report from the shots faded away the remaining rioters scattered like roaches when the light is turned on!

Been thinking about this since I seen the video last evening, making me rethink my daily packout for self protection. Thinking I should add a cranium cracking Shillelagh Walking Stick, it harkens back to my ancestral roots and is less lethal than capping someone...

Being I'm pushing 60, it wouldn't look out of place and could pack a significant enough whallop to get the attention of theses spoiled children and break at least some of them out of their tantrum...

All natural from the Emerald Isle itself

Or synthetic, made in the US of A

I'm personally considering an authentic unit from the ole country...

Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick.

Since 2011 when I ruptured and had repaired my Patellar tendon, I've used this as my walking stick when hiking. It's Ponderosa Pine and thick. I like it because it's nice and sturdy and a little bit heavy. I do a little decorative carving on it from time to time when I'm bored. Never thought of developing a habit of taking it to town, but that might not be a bad idea.

WalkingStick.jpg

In watching the Rochester video, I was surprised by the number of diners who stayed in their seats. Perhaps they were believers in the conventional wisdom of the tragically misinformed regarding the goals of the "mostly peaceful protesters". I can only assume they thought they were somehow protected because they agreed with what they've been told were the goals of the mob.

Personally, having seen many videos of this sort of thing over the last few weeks, recognizing the inherent danger of getting caught unprotected in the midst of these inflamed radical Marxists, and noting how the violence has steadily increased, at the first sound and indication of the approaching mob, I'd be moving as quickly as I could for the rear exit. I think a reasonable person would assume from recent events that the risk of grave personal injury or even death was certainly a possibility in such a mob. Was the risk immediate? Not in the video, but things can change fast in a riot.

I think a few minds were educated last night in Rochester.

I have a broader question for the group.

If you were sitting in a restaurant and suddenly someone nearby, in an obvious reaction to this mob invasion, started gunning the mob down, would you feel you needed to protect the mob by gunning down this gunman, thus defending the mob, perhaps as you would someone gunning down innocents in a shopping mall?

Assume you have an easy target and your skills met the challenge.

Your response to this scenario, something which may indeed happen while you're enjoying a meal with your friends or family?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top