JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am now full time cross draw when I carry a full size. it is the most comfortable way I have found. for a smaller commander size, right hand IWB at about 3 to 4 O-Clock seams to work best.
TeacherSmurf, you say a belt doesn't work, My wife had a wide leather belt made the covers a compact just to the right of the buckle and this works well. She tried the bra carry but that seems best with in a certain "size" build. she had troubles with fit and sweat would cause all sorts of problems. A thy holster was also ruled out much the same reasons you have, Skirt or a dress all the time. We found if she did a sort "western look" with her skirts and belt, she could actually carry my full size double stack 1911 with out printing. The belt seams to be the best answer we could come up with given the dress situation. I will see if I can get a picture to help explain the belt set up.

I'm a big fan of cross draw for driving, too. I have a little, 3" "J" frame, .38+P rigged out for it!

I carry a wonder 9 ITW at 3:00, I also carry a LCP same spot same brand holster! I used to pack 'em at 4-5:00, but back pain forced me to move them forward.
Some times I use a pocket holster for the little Ruger. Big guns are usually carried in sholder rigs!
Equipment is key! Get good holsters and everything else has a good chance to follow! :)

I am now full time cross draw when I carry a full size. it is the most comfortable way I have found. for a smaller commander size, right hand IWB at about 3 to 4 O-Clock seams to work best.
TeacherSmurf, you say a belt doesn't work, My wife had a wide leather belt made the covers a compact just to the right of the buckle and this works well. She tried the bra carry but that seems best with in a certain "size" build. she had troubles with fit and sweat would cause all sorts of problems. A thy holster was also ruled out much the same reasons you have, Skirt or a dress all the time. We found if she did a sort "western look" with her skirts and belt, she could actually carry my full size double stack 1911 with out printing. The belt seams to be the best answer we could come up with given the dress situation. I will see if I can get a picture to help explain the belt set up.
Yep, I find cross-draw to be extremely comfortable and practical.
No interference with my seatbelt system and those snaps make it very easy to dismount when needed.

Here's another way to carry, although you need a special sort of "build" looks like...:)
opplanet-undertech-concealment-shorts-women.jpg

3:00 to 4:00 SR9c OWB concealed generally. Open carry when hiking. Shoulder holster when hunting. Taurus pocket .380 in front pocket in dress clothes in Uncle Mikes holster if my wife will let me borrow them.

No offense here, but I don't like crossdraw because of the potential to sweep bystanders and the lessened ability to draw in hand to hand closeness and retention. 3-4 lets you turn your piece away from the problem for retention and you're able to better block with your offhand arm. I don't like SOB because of sweep to butt and legs. And if I did appendix carry I wouldn't be able to find it. I don't like back pocket carry because of very sensitive sciatic nerves.
What he said.

I carry my XDs .40 or S&W M&P Shield 9mm at the 4:00 position using an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. Absolutely love this combo for both Guns!

I use a Galco front pocket horsehide holster for the Model 638 5-shot; @ 4:00 for the G-21 in a Serpa.

Depending on the weather, a Galco Miami Classic for the M-1991 .45. I have one for the Glock but it's kind of thick. A photographer's vest is a handy thing to cover those on warmer days.

The worst was SOB carry with a 1911. It's great if you never sit down. The chair flicks the ambi safety off. Great. o_O

The next worst was ankle carry with a .38 Colt Cobra. You just can't get to it without telling the world what you're doing, as in getting shot first- never mind putting yourself badly off-balance and rusting the gun and not being able to run right and it falling down and being sweaty. Oh and wrecking your car if you try to get it out from the footwell.

Maybe that was worse than the SOB.

Any two clip holster (clips on each side of a wider holster) appendix.

One clip holster 1:30 to 2 o'clock.

Currently rocking a tier 1 Concealment Xiphos for my g29 at 130 to 2 o'clock.

Loving the Concealment claw that beings the grip into my body.

Pocket carry for my Ruger LC9s in a size 4 Blackhawk fabric holster that has a sticky grippy band around it so the holster does not come out with the pistol when you draw. Or if I am driving a lot that day, a kydex clamshell holster with a single metal clip at about 2 o'clock in front of my hip bone with a standard 15% FBI cant so the muzzle is not pointing at my leg while sitting.

My wife has given up on body carry and has a nice set of CC purses.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews