JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And Krull the Warrior King...
A2F2AFBA-1B07-4461-AC9E-CFFE8C298DF2.jpeg

Its Jayne's rifle , from the TV show Firefly.
If you have never watched...its worth watching...cool guns , hot gals with guns....excellent scripting and story as well.
Andy

Now, I am confused. I never saw FIREFLY but there is a BRITISH mystery show on PBS called VERA.

Outstanding show!

Cate

Its Jayne's rifle , from the TV show Firefly.
If you have never watched...its worth watching...cool guns , hot gals with guns....excellent scripting and story as well.
Andy

Yes I liked Firefly but that show didn't last long. They did make the movie called, "Serenity" but I thought that show had potential.

I have called some firearms, sail boats, power boats, cars, trucks, knives, etc. some names over the years. Usually FEMALE names too. My late husband called SOME of them names too.

One of my late husband's guns in his very SMALL AMOUNT of guns total was called the HOUSE GUN. SHE (LOL) was a very pretty d/a revolver in 357Magnum. Classic Dan Wesson d/a revolver - blued with a pretty wood grip and she had a 6 inch barrel.
I did not give her a feminine name though.

Most of the names were FEMALE NAMES - all of the sail and power boats for sure.

My MT husband has one gun that has a MALE name and it is a CODE WORD that we use for his MAIN concealed carry gun. Past CC handguns and for the 2 out of 3 total handguns that he owns now. So if we say such and such (A male name.) - we know who and what we are talking about even if no one else does. His 3rd handgun which is a pocket pistol is just called his Beretta - 22lr one. His other 2 handguns which are matching - duplicate pistols are Glock pistols in 45acp and they have a male name - code name which is the same exact name that we used in the past for his former CC revolver that he carried for many years.

Maybe my husband should come up with NEW names for his 2 Glock pistols instead of using our old CODE WORD - male name. LOL

Some of the former guns were called bedside gun - such and such name. Den gun - such and such name. Etc.

I do realize that guns, boats, knives, etc. are inanimate objects that have NO pulse, no heart, no brain, etc. but I do like calling some of them, past and present ones, names.

My 2 firearms which are 2 bolt action CZ rifles don't have names - just the CZ brand and MODEL number. CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and 22 lr.

Maybe the 22wmr one should be called Catherine Frances and the 22lr one only Catherine.

Is there a female version of the name Douglas?

Cate

Yes I liked Firefly but that show didn't last long. They did make the movie called, "Serenity" but I thought that show had potential.

Firefly was too good, it showed up everything else for the chit it was and had to be destroyed. Firefly holds the title of being the only TV series to be cancelled in its first season to become a motion picture, ever.

^^^

I called the 2 formerly owned Smith and Wesson Model 29s (-2 and -3 if my memory is correct.) the Dirty Harry guns or Inspector Callahan. Gifts to me. Not asked for but given. One came in it's original wooden box, etc.

We donated a BUNCH of movies to the library including many CLINT EASTWOOD movies from a to z. I still have my copy of the original DIRTY HARRY movie and 2 copies of THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES. Marked down on sale. I have the 2nd TOJW one for my husband in case the first one wears out. LOL ADDED more and typos.

I love Clint and have since I was a kid when he was on RAWHIDE. LOL

It is nice to see a man, even an older man, who appreciates being a MAN and/or portraying a MAN in a film instead of the garbage that we see in this day and age of WOKE salami!

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I don't know if you are serious or not but VERA was a great tv show! I hope that PBS shows it again too. Reruns or not.

Cate
VERA the PBS show was good indeed.

Firefly was a short lived Sci-Fi Channel series....kinda like a western crossed with science fiction without the dumb star wars aliens.....
It had great writing , a good cast and some neat guns.
Andy

Perhaps not a "name" per se, more of a "title":

One of my favorites came assigned with its own. The guy I bought it from was apparently a considerate fellow, because he did not tell me it came with a term of reference. His buddy behind the table at the gun show had no such inhibitions.

It is a Marlin Model 62 Levermatic in .256 Winchester Magnum. I had wanted one for years, and finally located a very nice one. Once the deal was agreed upon and money was changing hands, the buddy piped up:

"We call it the Jesus gun!" "Cuz everytime he shoots something with it, someone yells out, "Jesus!" Seller gave a sidelong glance at buddy, then at me to guage reaction.

My Christian sensibilites were in no way offended. Rather than taking His name in vain, I interpret it as an expression of gratitude for blessings received.
Scan_20210406 (2).png

Not the type of person to name my tools, but if I did I'd name one Karen and the rest for anti gun politicians.

The only problem with that strategy is that the gun would only work in it's own self interests and would sell you out in heartbeat.

Karen, on the other hand, would always be ready to tell everybody how she really feels and I'd have to do a mag dump every time. Not sure I can afford that every time there is a squirrel not wearing a mask

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top