JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Make the laws so confusing the cops ain't got a clue.

Im a bit annoyed that they all have such a distaste and obvious sense of annoyance that this citizen has rights protecting him for his choice to carry these weapons, much less happy feelings about the fact he dared to exercise those rights.

Think OSP or similar has any better training and or do you see this coming with all the stupidity that is written into 114. Think our cops know enough not to flag everyone in their presence with loaded weapons.

Im a bit annoyed that they all have such a distaste and obvious sense of annoyance that this citizen has rights protecting him for his choice to carry these weapons, much less happy feelings about the fact he dared to exercise those rights.

Think OSP or similar has any better training and or do you see this coming with all the stupidity that is written into 114. Think our cops know enough not to flag everyone in their presence with loaded weapons.

Amazing how the officers responding to the call didn't possess the knowledge, manual of arms or safe handling tactics for the arms they were handling. As soon as it was verified that he had an "unrestricted permit", it should have been "here's your property, here's your documents, have a nice day"…

1639 in Washington. Even the AG's office could give no guidance for an extended period of time. Now that we have entered the arena of malicious legislation, on a whim, the impossible may be either mandated or prohibited. Legislators - who suffer from the "do something disease" - simply walk away from it all.

I would rather watch sausage being made. It smells better.

I think that hoodies should be banned, as they're associated with many serious crimes that do not involve firearms. Nikes also, as they are the getaway car of choice.
Make a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Hoodies and Nikes (BATHN) sweep through the inner cities and crime would come to a standstill almost overnight.

This reminds me of the old open carry debate... you know the one where a "right not exercised is a right lost", so then those people go out an exercise that right that causes us to lose that right.

RE : Clueless Cops

1679675854513.png

Aloha, Mark

I moved to Oregon from Illinois in 2015 and all I can say is it's a completely different atmosphere.

Cops in Illinois were all about treating everyone like criminals and just looked to arrest anyone for anything. They'd have roadblocks/check points every holiday weekend looking for as many tickets and arrest as possible under the guise of "safety" checks. I mean any infraction was a opportunity to pull you over and ticket you or even better arrest you.

Since I've been in Oregon I have yet to see a police officer even pull someone over, though I've heard they do just I haven't seen it. I work in the public sector and have seen police call off at least 2 pursuits in the town I work which blows my mind coming from IL, something they never did out there .

It'd be nice to see some of these horrible drivers in Oregon at least get tickets but can't say I'd prefer the over the top road blocks/speed traps and arrest happy officers like the midwest had though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top