JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In this situation, even if I were cc'ing, I would most definitely look for getting away as best I can. This was a no win situation against four men with rifles. Many of us fantasize we could all be John Wick ..but the reality is, shooting back with a pistol would most likely have gotten you dead.

May come a time where we're entering a world in which conceal carry is replaced with open carry AR's. Or we just don't go out in public.
Unless you were Dickens.. you'd then holster and resume eating your sandwich.

No. When it's my time to go, it's time to go. I will never truly be prepared for a cqb event against multiple assailants with automatic weapons and explosives who have the element of surprise. I won't just lay down and wait for death but I'm also not Jason Bourne.

Yeah I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not mentally unwell enough to be repeatedly rewatching innocent people get massacred so I can analyze how sparky the ammunition was.
Reads to me that he's saying it was all fake, no one was really killed and what you are watching is a bunch of actors, no one was really hurt, no one was killed and it was all fake
It's a odd take, but a popular one with some folks for reasons I don't understand 🤷‍♂️

Watch it again... Slow it down. I have shot 10's of thousands of times, and unless I was blowing out iron filings from a sparKLER, i've never seen a rifle spark like these did. It is almost as though they were shooting theater rounds. (for the movies). You know what I Mean?
I've seen them spark like that. It's normal with steel ammo.

Mass events certainly make me rethink capacity. Then as times calm down I lean towards accuracy and limited capacity simply for convenience sake.. only to be reminded again that crazies are out there and sometimes my: 1911, revolver or little .380 with 6+1 won't cut it.. god forbid something like this comes my way.

I truly never want to or desire to be in a situation like that.. I know a lot of folks fantasize (or seem to) about a scenario like that.. I simply want to be ready for it, but I have zero desire to be in it. But being prepared is good, it helps us be ready for evil when it presents itself. Evil only wins when good folks stand down and do nothing to stop it.
This is why I switched to Wilson 10-rounders since single-stack is all I can wrap my mitts around.

Two prayers: one, that such a day never comes for me or mine, and two, that if it does God grant me the skill, strength, etc to ensure that my loved ones and as many other noncombatants as possible come out unscathed.

That was truly astounding. You see multiple assailants with rifles and you stop to film it instead of getting the hell out of Dodge. A staggering level of stupidity.
Everybody knows that if you start recording them on your smart phone they can't do anything to you. You see it all the time on social media so it has to be true.

No

1) I will probably never go to Russia
2) I do not go to sports/etc. events here. My exposure is limited to grocery shopping.
3) I am much more likely to be injured/killed in a traffic accident or die from health issues. I might even die from having a "widow maker" limb fall on me from one of my trees (I've had a close call in the past).

Whatever happened to that basic human instinct to fight or flight????
That's only part of the reaction options, the full list is fight-flight-freeze-fawn, and there is also disbelief / rejection of reality. If you have seen the videos from the Indonesian tsunami in 2004 it's horrifying to see people just walk out onto all the exposed beach after the waters receded, like even if it came back at a normal slow speed it wasn't going be a issue to be that far out
Like the man said:
I'm not a coward, I've just never been tested
I'd like to think that if I was, I would pass
Look at the tested, and think "there but for the grace, go I"
Might be a coward, I'm afraid of what I might find out

It could also be reverse survivorship bias, you are only seeing the ones that stayed, the ones that dipped are already gone or are leaving so you just focus on the ones that stay

Yeah I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not mentally unwell enough to be repeatedly rewatching innocent people get massacred so I can analyze how sparky the ammunition was.
yoda-you-will-be01.jpg

Maybe, but if you were going to do an event like this (pretending you are the bad guy) would you use nasty old ammo that was soso for detonation? Or would you use something that you could really rely on for maximum carnage?
They used the equipment that they were issued.
Cannon fodder gonna cannon fodder.

If you were going to trip on something, what's up with that Rhodesian camo??

That's only part of the reaction options, the full list is fight-flight-freeze-fawn, and there is also disbelief / rejection of reality.
Everyone should read the linked article. Especially the explanation of the the "fawn" response. If you think about it, it is possible to condition an entire nation to exhibit the "fawn" response to an abusive government. Then look at what our K-12 education system has become, combined with social media. :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top