JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What @Hawaiian said. I've seen many shops that have a policy in place for when a transfer is declined. However, it is in play and you have technically purchased it. IMO it comes down to their policy on returns on gun sales.
And, like what @No_Regerts says, don't be surprised at a restock fee.

[edit] Sorry dude, delays suck. I have never had one take more than a few seconds after hitting the enter key.

Seems to me if you paid, got delayed, and the gun wasn't a special order or some kind of super special clearance sale item, there'd be absolutely no reason to charge you any kind of "restocking" fee for something that was never really taken out of stock.

So I'd say if they do, don't shop there again. either way, they ought to have no problem refunding you (stocking fee or not)

Seems to me if you paid, got delayed, and the gun wasn't a special order or some kind of super special clearance sale item, there'd be absolutely no reason to charge you any kind of "restocking" fee for something that was never really taken out of stock.

So I'd say if they do, don't shop there again. either way, they ought to have no problem refunding you (stocking fee or not)

The OP should have no reason to not get a refund. He hasn't taken possession. The restock fee is for "all the days they coukd have sold that gun but didnt because it was in limbo" blah blah blah.

Believe that is general contract law as taught in law schools around the country. Are you an attorney BTW?

Not an attorney, but I play one on the interwebs. :)

Actually, I'm in equipment sales and that was drilled into my head when I started 23 years ago.

That's a month and three days though. Not three days.

You stated that no FFL in Oregon would release a firearms without OSP's approval because of liability reasons and I stated that Tigard Pawn 4 More would release a firearm after the three day waiting period, starting after the OSP's delay date wasn't extended.
Doesn't matter what's the time frame, they will release the firearm, unlike a lot of other FFL's.

If you had come into my shop, agreed to a deal, ran the check, and decided to back out, I would ask for a restocking fee. Sorry, but that is inventory that was stuck for me. I couldn't sell it and recoup my money. If it was a normal stock item, it would be a pretty small fee. If it was a special order (you would have pre-paid), then there would be a significant fee.

Small mom and pop businesses aren't making a killing. And backing out on a deal can be huge. I had someone do this to me on about $1000 worth of guns. It screwed my month up. Small businesses aren't always able to absorb the whims of people mind changes. So saying that they don't deserve consideration is ignorant.

You stated that no FFL in Oregon would release a firearms without OSP's approval because of liability reasons and I stated that Tigard Pawn 4 More would release a firearm after the three day waiting period, starting after the OSP's delay date wasn't extended.
Doesn't matter what's the time frame, they will release the firearm, unlike a lot of other FFL's.
... After three days. That was your original statement. No FF L in Oregon will release a firearm without a cleared background check after three business days

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top