Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by FA9, Dec 21, 2016.
Delayed and I don't want the gun anymore, can I tell the shop I changed my mind?
Need to ask the shop what is their policy. the sale was completed and the transfer is in the works. The shop would have to do some work to undo it.
Can't the shop transfer anyway after 3 business days? That is if you still want it. A deal is a deal? Respectfully.
Some shops require a "restock fee" on these. Don't be surprised if they spring this on you.
What @Hawaiian said. I've seen many shops that have a policy in place for when a transfer is declined. However, it is in play and you have technically purchased it. IMO it comes down to their policy on returns on gun sales.
And, like what @No_Regerts says, don't be surprised at a restock fee.
 Sorry dude, delays suck. I have never had one take more than a few seconds after hitting the enter key.
Agreed, they held up their end of the bargain. Just talk to them and negotiate out.
Seems to me if you paid, got delayed, and the gun wasn't a special order or some kind of super special clearance sale item, there'd be absolutely no reason to charge you any kind of "restocking" fee for something that was never really taken out of stock.
So I'd say if they do, don't shop there again. either way, they ought to have no problem refunding you (stocking fee or not)
The OP should have no reason to not get a refund. He hasn't taken possession. The restock fee is for "all the days they coukd have sold that gun but didnt because it was in limbo" blah blah blah.
FYI, I haven't paid for anything yet.
No FFL in Oregon lets the gun go without word from OSP. None want the liability.
Well, the background is just a background check on you. Not the gun. Ask the shop.
Then it doesn't meet the criteria of a sale "technically". In WA you must have Offer, Acceptance & Consideration. (Consideration) is something of value changing hands.
Believe that is general contract law as taught in law schools around the country. Are you an attorney BTW?
Not an attorney, but I play one on the interwebs.
Actually, I'm in equipment sales and that was drilled into my head when I started 23 years ago.
Not so, I had a delay for over a month and when OSP didn't extend it, Tigard Pawn 4 More had me come in 3 days later and pick up my pistol.
I am not an attorney either but it is accurate (my brother and uncle are Attorneys at Law).
That's a month and three days though. Not three days.
Did I tell you guy how in Idaho if you have a carry permit you fill the paper out buy the gun and walk out with it?
You stated that no FFL in Oregon would release a firearms without OSP's approval because of liability reasons and I stated that Tigard Pawn 4 More would release a firearm after the three day waiting period, starting after the OSP's delay date wasn't extended.
Doesn't matter what's the time frame, they will release the firearm, unlike a lot of other FFL's.
If you had come into my shop, agreed to a deal, ran the check, and decided to back out, I would ask for a restocking fee. Sorry, but that is inventory that was stuck for me. I couldn't sell it and recoup my money. If it was a normal stock item, it would be a pretty small fee. If it was a special order (you would have pre-paid), then there would be a significant fee.
Small mom and pop businesses aren't making a killing. And backing out on a deal can be huge. I had someone do this to me on about $1000 worth of guns. It screwed my month up. Small businesses aren't always able to absorb the whims of people mind changes. So saying that they don't deserve consideration is ignorant.