JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its either gotta be approved or denied once the background is in the works you have to wait no matter how long, it could take up to six months ive seen it.

Last Edited:
That's not true the ATF can put you on a delayed then they have 5 day's to come back and say denied if they do not contact the ffl within 5 day's with a denied then the seller can proceed with the sell they can call the seller in 5 day's and tell them another delay and keep doing that but they probably would not do that they would just deni then you have to file a appeal but I'm in WASHINGTON .OREGON could be different .I have never bought a gun in OREGON.

Last Edited:
This time of year except the fact that you could be delayed ATF is doing over 75.000 background checks a day so they just say delayed then come back to them if they can

As for the restock fee they can't take your money if you don't give it to them the store I buy most of my guns from if I get delayed they don't take money till I come back to pick it up another words I don't give them a dime till gun is in my hand at the check out counter

It would be very helpful to post the store names that would do so. It would be helpful to know beforehand where not to shop. I can tell you that Cabelas' doesn't do that to their customers.
Sure Cabellas doesn't,they 10 more of the same gun in the back. Or they don't care because they don't live off a few sales a month like little shops do.
Y'all should post the names so this kind of customer doesn't reneg on themo_O

I had to go back and edit and delete some of my post from last night because I said it was the OUTDOOR EMPORIUM that I had problems with but I was wrong it's not outdoor emporium it was a store called OUTDOOR WAREHOUSE SORRY THE OUTDOOR EMPORIUM IS STILL OPEN and I'm not talking bout sportsman warehouse they are different sportsman warehouse is still open but I have never had a problem with them but I have never bought a firearm from them

I agree mostly,but the store can not sell the gun as they have put that serial number on the form. It's locked in.

This was hypothetical. I know a store would not do something like that because they would not be in business long. This was a question on how the op would react to the situation if rolls were reversed.

It would be very helpful to post the store names that would do so. It would be helpful to know beforehand where not to shop. I can tell you that Cabelas' doesn't do that to their customers.

This is something that you need to discuss before setting foot in a store, call and ask them of their policies. I would not leave it up to someone else to make up a list like this because how do you know that it's accurate. :s0159:

Yep that's true now before I start the paper work I ask them there policy on that because like I said before it is the FFL HOLDER'S choice to proceed with the sale if they say they will not proceed with out a call back from ATF YOU COULD BE WAITING YEAR'S LOL where I buy when I get delayed witch is every time unless the ATF tells them a definite denied they proceed after 5 business day's at their discretion

The media didn't report this to much at the time but when that guy killed the people in the SKAGIT MALL back in OCTOBER he tried to buy a gun at one of the store 's up here but the Girl at the store said no she wouldn't sell him a gun because she thought there was something wrong with him from the questions he asked her so she made the right decision but he later stole the gun he used from his step dad

Last Edited:
And the shop just eats the loss?
Sure.

I wouldn't do it at a small business, different at a large brick and mortar shop. I had a 'long' delay at Rangemasters once but I followed through later and just cut my loss afterwards. Called it a "changed mind tax" and penalized myself.

I define small business as places like yours or places where there is one or two people you see there running the place.

Yep that's true now before I start the paper work I ask them there policy on that because like I said before it is the FFL HOLDER'S choice to proceed with the sale if they say they will not proceed with out a call back from ATF YOU COULD BE WAITING YEAR'S LOL where I buy when I get delayed witch is every time unless the ATF tells them a definite denied they proceed after 5 business day's at their discretion

Realizing the thread is old, but unfortunately it's not 5 business days. It's 10 now, with the change in the law thanks to I-594.

If you have not paid for the gun yet, you can probably stop the sale. If they started a background check, you may have to pay for that, but as long as it is not a special order, and you don't have anything into the firearm, yes, you should be able to just tell them you changed your mind.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top