JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The current argument I think is they make the gun easier to shoot. So along with other features that improve ergonomics and performance they ban them.

Don't give them that much credit, they have no argument, they simply will take the opportunity to chip away at any part of a constitutional right they hate and wish to destroy.

Don't give them that much credit, they have no argument, they simply will take the opportunity to chip away at any part of a constitutional right they hate and wish to destroy.
I don't give them any credit... just citing their argument.

A gun is a gun. They are all designed for self defense not murdering people... a distinct difference the antis leave out....

A gun is a gun. They are all designed for self defense not murdering people... a distinct difference the antis leave out....
Well. Pretty hard to use an Anschütz .22 Biathlon rifle in self defense, or any of those weird race pistols, or the expensive over and under shotguns used for trap and skeet shooting :s0140: but yeah, these aren't designed for murdering either.

Well. Pretty hard to use an Anschütz .22 Biathlon rifle in self defense, or any of those weird race pistols, or the expensive over and under shotguns used for trap and skeet shooting :s0140: but yeah, these aren't designed for murdering either.
They are still guns.
Wasn't there a fun story year's ago some guy tried to rob a bus of biathlon shooters..... and "found out".

It's about what constitutes an 'assault rifle'. They can't say definitively because the dividing line was once full-auto vs semi-auto. Their next step moved the Overton window to banning 'assault rifle' based upon description and not operation. One part that they determined an 'assault weapon' consists of muzzle devices. Hence, muzzle devices are banned in WA because it's one of those 'parts'.

And they're idiots.

Shrouds are also banned. WTF does shrouds has to do with SPR? I suspect they meant handguards but shrouds made it in the law.

Just on "semi auto" platforms.. The Marlin 45-70 I just got has a threaded barrel and will be getting a can soon.
Apparently muzzle devices are only bad on semiautomatic rifles

IMG_6711.jpeg

I don't think they're banned. You can purchase them for bolt actions. Some companies are just over cautious, and I can't say I blame them. Not sure I'd do business with this state.
Remember the AG's new "FFL responsibility laws"; he can use our tax dollars to close down anything he doesn't like while calling to consumer protection.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top