JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get it, have known plenty of FFL's on a semi-personal, I have heard all of the horror story and complaints, from horrible customers experiences, to ATF audits, to guys losing their FFL. I was mostly joking with the butthurt comment, but 16yrs is a good run.
Subtle jokes are tough to catch on the Internet.

I get it, have known plenty of FFL's on a semi-personal, I have heard all of the horror story and complaints, from horrible customers experiences, to ATF audits, to guys losing their FFL. I was mostly joking with the butthurt comment, but 16yrs is a good run.
No worries, but I do think you should become an FFL with your insight to the business.

I've heard the complaint, but think about it this way. Even at $10 / transfer, it takes five minutes to input the information for the 4473 and maybe two minutes to write the info in the books. They just made $10 in fifteen minutes from one employee.

One employee brings in $40 in an hour to do a transfer.

Most places charge more than $10 for a transfer, and I've heard the margins on guns are sometimes only $20.
As someone who runs a business in Oregon, particularly in Multnomah County where they are located, I wouldn't be surprised if they are also charged petty taxes for bringing in "inventory" that isn't theirs especially if they're generating any sort of profit from it.
Truth is unless you are an FFL, you probably don't know the inner workings and the overall cost of running that type of business according to the laws and regulations of that locality. I know most people don't comprehend all the costs of running my business and I don't have the time to break it down to everyone who fails to understand it.
We should instead focus our frustrations to the state, county and other parties who've made the cost of running a FFL nearly prohibitive.
MMP was reasonable for a long time, I don't think they'd just up and change the rules without any good motivation

Yes. The dealer can retain or not. If kept, and the transfer is denied, returning to the seller can be problematic.
One more question and I think I'm done with this. In Warshington, if the dealer does not retain during the BGC process, when the buyer clears, then the dealer must take possession and hold it for 10 days? Or does the 10 waiting period start when the BGC is submitted?

I can see the ideal way for a seller to proceed with a ppt is to:

1. Find a dealer who does not want to take possession.

2. Do not take money from buyer until his BGC clears and the gun is then turned over to the dealer.

Everybody wearing a path through the dealer's linoleum flooring.

One more question and I think I'm done with this. In Warshington, if the dealer does not retain during the BGC process, when the buyer clears, then the dealer must take possession and hold it for 10 days? Or does the 10 waiting period start when the BGC is submitted?

I can see the ideal way for a seller to proceed with a ppt is to:

1. Find a dealer who does not want to take possession.

2. Do not take money from buyer until his BGC clears and the gun is then turned over to the dealer.

Everybody wearing a path through the dealer's linoleum flooring.
The transfer could not take place until after the approval was received and the waiting period time has expired.

You're a funny guy, you make me laugh.
200.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews