JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some bureaucrat no doubt LOVES doing this. Last time I flew I shipped guns to myself to not deal with TSA. In my checked bag I did have an old M style Taser. Look like a large pistol. When I got to the place and opened that bag there was a nice little card in there from the TSA. Saying that to keep us all safe they had inspected my bag. :s0140:
When I flew hope and opened the bag there was no card but I could clearly see they had again opened the bag to look through it. I was half expecting the Taser to be gone on the way there or the way back.

HUZZAH!! Just checked the tracking on my package, and it looks like the shadowy unnamed "Government Agency" has very graciously released my package to continue on it journey, as it just updated as arrived to its next destination in Hermiston. Man do I want to know what happened with it, and who had their grubby mits on my Staccato!!! I think i am going to call the FFL as soon as it arrives and ask them NOT to open or remove the box, so I can come and inspect it and take pictures to see what was done to it- ie was it unboxed/reboxed/retaped etc and if there are any inspection markings or info on it. What a wild ride. Well hopefully new gun day for me tomorrow with a new Staccato!

IMG_3062.jpeg

The dealer FFL will have to open the box to verify that the numbers match, put it in his books as received, do the background check on you, so if not early in the day you might have to wait one more day to pick up your gun. I say this because a last week I got the call that my new gun was at the FFL's so I got there about noon, did the paperwork and was number 101 in the que and was told it would be about 4 o'clock before I cleared. I just went back the next day when the shop opened and picked it up then. I was told that sometimes there can be a bit of a backlog but the try to clear it up every night.

To be honest, if I saw a big ol teal tiffany & co shipping box pass through my jurisdiction I'd be tempted to play scrooge mcduck my own self.

Lulz

The dealer FFL will have to open the box to verify that the numbers match, put it in his books as received, do the background check on you, so if not early in the day you might have to wait one more day to pick up your gun. I say this because a last week I got the call that my new gun was at the FFL's so I got there about noon, did the paperwork and was number 101 in the que and was told it would be about 4 o'clock before I cleared. I just went back the next day when the shop opened and picked it up then. I was told that sometimes there can be a bit of a backlog but the try to clear it up every night.
Yeah I am a regular there and they know me well, so they will be interested too to see what/who/how this package was inspected. I have bought probably 10 or so guns in the last few months, last one last week, and know the process all too well! ;-). Good new for me is that throughout COVID and all the way through to the last one i did last week, I have always been an instant approval. No idea how I got on that "list' but I will take it. Hopefully my luck doesnt run out here and still get an instant, but worst case yeah running about a day or so queue delay, which certainly was worse not all that long ago!!

Thanks for the responses- all those cases involve shipments from overseas to the US, going through customs. This is a handgun that was purchased from a vendor in Utah, shipping to my FFL in Salem. I would not think Customs would be involved . . .
One COULD interpret that an importation - shipping from the USA into an occupied territory!

One gun that I bought, the factory left two empty cases in a little envelope with something written on it - initials, or the words "proofing rounds" or something similar - in the case with the gun.
This seems to be a common thing now as some places require this. The Dealer has to turn a fired case over to the Law to keep. Have bought a few guns that had the two fired cases with it that were just left in the box as this state did not want them. At least not yet.

One gun that I bought, the factory left two empty cases in a little envelope with something written on it - initials, or the words "proofing rounds" or something similar - in the case with the gun.
Mass did or does this - required cases for registration of the gun so they could compare to cases left at a crime scene - IIRC.

A number of S&Ws I have bought had these - their HQ is in Mass.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews