JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK this is a new one- I have bought and had shipped many guns over the years, many in recent months. I have NEVER seen this. Was expecting my Staccato C2 delivery today to my FFL, was all excited about it. Up until yesterday it was showing in transit, with delivery date of today. I checked the tracking just now, and it is now showing "delayed", with the message: "Your package is pending release from a Government Agency. Once they release it, your package will be on its way."

I have NEVER seen this before- has anyone else? Super bummed that it looks like i am now not going to be getting my Staccato today, and man is it not fun to have a $2500 gun sitting out in limbo land. Any info on someone who has experienced this is appreciated. I reached out to the company that i purchased it from- ModernWarriors.com, a very well known place out of Utah where i have bought several high end guns from without any issue.

Here is a screenshot of what the tracking currently says:
IMG_3054.jpeg

Weird response for sure.

I got a " not approved " from NICS , via my local Sheriff. Sheriff's office asked for clarification. Does not approved mean denied? No . Sheriff just told the shop to release it, and we're all still alive to this day.
This was a couple months ago.

Isn't that typically a customs notice?
Yeah I am not sure- I have purchased watches from overseas that required customs and customs fees, but that process looked different, and the shipper reaches out to you to pay the duty/tariff tax on the item if it is over a certain amount. In that case though it was shipping a watch from Europe. In this case, it is from Utah to Oregon. I have no idea. The good news i guess is that the company I bought it from responded to my email right away and let me know they were looking into it, so that was good customer service from them. I suppose the bad news is that the answer back wasnt a 'oh this happens from time to time' which makes me a little worried as to what might be going on if a well known FFL with high volume sales/shipments hasn't seen it before. . . .

I would reach out to the carrier, not the shipper. I wouldn't be surprised if the box got damaged or something and it's on hold because of the contents.

I would reach out to the carrier, not the shipper. I wouldn't be surprised if the box got damaged or something and it's on hold because of the contents.
The reason i reached out to the company and not directly to UPS is even though it is my package, it is being shipped from the company to my FFL , not to me. So i am not sure they would even give me info on it if i called. However since the company shipped it, and ship many packages, i would think they would be able to quickly get to the bottom of it, and then either cancel the shipment and reship, or get a solution put in place. Obviously not the companies fault, they were the ones that shipped it and so also woudl be the one to do any updates/cancellation etc as i cant do it. Crazy situation!

Update to this: already got a response back from customer service at ModernWarriors.com. I am very impressed with their customer service and that they jumped on it right away! Here is the response, also did a screen capture to show response:
We have heard back from UPS and they said that this is a random security check that yours just happened to be the one picked. They said it will be delivered as normal but that the check may cause a day delay. Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a new one for us.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Glad to know that hopefully the delay will be short, but man that is frustrating when you are eagarly anticipating a $2500 gun! The "Government Agency" had better not fondle it and mess it up or scratch anything!! Will update this thread once I have any more updates and/or package is delivered.

IMG_3055.jpeg

Sad that the federal government can open a private shipment without a warrant.
Im willing to bet is was some power hungry 'guberment inspector' getting too big for his britches, going oh i have always wanted to compare a staccato to my dept issued Taurus . . . Lol.

If there are ANY fingerprints or markings/scratches on the gun/package when it arrives, there will be hell to pay!!

I also find it funny/ironic that the same 'government' that tells us that handguns are required to be shipped 2 day, can on a whim delay that in order to 'inspect' without notice. . .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top