JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
THIS IS NOT A BUG OUT OR GET HOME BAG THREAD IT'S ABOUT WHAT YOU CARRY SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CURRENT THREATS.

What I am carrying in there now due to unrest and the virus:

I carry spare N95 masks and hand sanitizer in my car and a bag I take with me if I leave the house which is rare (I work from home).

I also keep....
Two 33rd pistol magazines
60 ounces of water
Battery bank
Trauma kit
Charging cable
Flashlight
Rain jacket in the bag

This is in addition to the 3 extra mags, flashlight and pepper spray I carry on me normally.

Things I'm considering adding in said pack due to civil unrest:

AR Pistol
Another trauma kit with 2 TQ's
4 AR magazines
A gas mask (just in case)
Baton
Larger can of pepper spray
A Byrna Pepper Ball gun (bought one recently, the videos of the tests look amazing, like a gun but shoots a pepper ball that upon impact turns into a fine cloud of pepper dust and has a very good range).

I'm on public transit most of the time. I carry what I normally do. Outside of downtown and limited areas in the SE Portland area (can't speak for Seattle) it's not any worse than normal.
If you're curious, I have multiple posts in the "empty your pockets" thread.

In all seriousness, I've just added some face coverings, hand sanitizer, and nitrile gloves to the stuff I already carry on me. That stuff is keys, wallet, phone, pocket knife, small flashlight, gun, extra magazine.

In my truck, I have a lot if the same stuff you mention in a small courier bag. A couple pistol magazines, a rifle magazine, trauma kit, small power bank and phone cord, raingear, fire starter, flares, air horn, bigger flashlight, batteries, and a handheld VHF radio. I know, its illegal to use a marine radio on land, but if I need it I don't care. I figure than many of the things that will cause major issues where I live may also disrupt phones. I live around a lot of water and many natural disasters tend to leave boats alone.

I seldom leave the homestead. The only special measure(s) is/are a mask. I do always take the 9mm, but that's nothing special or different.
Given that we live in White Supremacist Pastoral Equanimity (you know, 1/2 ac. min. lot size, no artificially transplanted social enrichment from the Blue Dystopia) I don't need to go into the BD unless it's for supplies or medical. There is nothing worth risking exposure for.

I bring a mask, just to get in the shops without harassment, not that I think it does anything. Other than that, the usual stuff. If I had to go to downtown Portland (why?) I'd probably upgrade my pistol to one with a double stack magazine, and a spare mag.

I guess the masks and hand sanitizer are new additions. Typically I've got a P30sk, spare mag, and a ZT folder. Most of the "emergencyl" gear I keep w me like food, water, sleeping bag, etc are for work.. all that stuff just happens to be in my truck ALL the time.
I also have spare boots, clothes, fire starter, back scratcher, cell phone, and coffee maker but again, it's all work stuff for traveling and potential break-downs.

20200625_225553.jpg

Nothing. Nothing different at all save for a much more "unhappy" demeanor. I'm tired of Karens and antifas and I don't mind using the 6' rule as a way to be rude and keep distance

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews